Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which of these international locations would you want most?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Icelandic Town
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Iceland. :heart: An Icelandic town would be so different and amazing. There is so much they could add in the Sims for a pretty Icelandic inspired town like Vikings, Icelandic names, waterfalls, volcanos, mountains, glaciers, Icelandic horses and reindeer, traditional holiday decoration items, traditional food, beaches, more winter hot drinks.

Also, Bjork music station. :love:

@crocobaura Yes! Bjork singing in Simlish would be amazing! :smiley:
  • Options
    Smplcty0921Smplcty0921 Posts: 116 Member
    Greek Island
    For any of these choices to work for me there would need to be a lot of inspiration and my confidence is low for that to happen. I sometimes wonder if EA creators are exhausted or burned out? But one can hope. Although my first choice would be to enhance what we have already (so many opportunities there!), but I don't see that happening, I guess my first choice would be Greece. I don't see why we could not have a Greek Island and an Italian Coastal Town in the same expansion? Why does a world need to be so small? I would like to see volcanic activity, expansive opportunities for archaeologists, and chance to escape to country settings with limited or no modern technologies. In fact, you could lose local faction by using advanced technology. Fish by casting nets rather than fishing poles. Some toggle on-off dangers such as giant rats, deadly snakes, boars, shark infested waters (that can cause dearth), more types of dangers for the thrill-seeking Sim to overcome. Vineyards, ruins (puzzled)), diving transport pools (remember Egypt in Sims 3), new skills, deep sea diving, uncharted islands to discover (Sims 3 Island Paradise), new venue types with new careers to go with them, yes, there are some oldies here, but they were fun and I'd like them back. Maybe even a hard-to-find time portal that sends you back to a forgotten age? I know. I'm asking too much. But as I said before, one can hope.
  • Options
    Greek Island
    Why not represent a part of sub-saharan Africa that isn't largely white for a change? I notice there has been all the focus on everywhere else in the world, but when it comes to Africa it has to be either Egypt (sims3, and it was nice) or suggestions like South Africa. Why not Ghana, why not Kenya?

Eta I don't mean that Egypt is largely white, but that both Egypt and South Africa are not good representations of the peoples living on the majority of the subcontinent and its weird that we look everywhere else but there. It's a big hole in our gaze.
    It would be helpful if you provided a few ideas. As you mentioned, there is so little representation of this region, Food, clothing, traditions, and architecture come to mind, New animals could be brought into play, that would be great, but what else did you envision as far as venues, experiences, and/or adventures?
  • Options
    Greek Island
    Um...I actually don't know. I feel like we already have those kind of places already. It'd be nice to get like a vacation spot like we had from Sims 3, like the desert one, the one after Paris or the third one which I'm totally spacing out on. lol

I think China is the one you're forgetting, World Adventures had Egypt, France, and China.
  • Options
    Greek Island
    For any of these choices to work for me there would need to be a lot of inspiration and my confidence is low for that to happen. I sometimes wonder if EA creators are exhausted or burned out? But one can hope. Although my first choice would be to enhance what we have already (so many opportunities there!), but I don't see that happening, I guess my first choice would be Greece. I don't see why we could not have a Greek Island and an Italian Coastal Town in the same expansion? Why does a world need to be so small? I would like to see volcanic activity, expansive opportunities for archaeologists, and chance to escape to country settings with limited or no modern technologies. In fact, you could lose local faction by using advanced technology. Fish by casting nets rather than fishing poles. Some toggle on-off dangers such as giant rats, deadly snakes, boars, shark infested waters (that can cause dearth), more types of dangers for the thrill-seeking Sim to overcome. Vineyards, ruins (puzzled)), diving transport pools (remember Egypt in Sims 3), new skills, deep sea diving, uncharted islands to discover (Sims 3 Island Paradise), new venue types with new careers to go with them, yes, there are some oldies here, but they were fun and I'd like them back. Maybe even a hard-to-find time portal that sends you back to a forgotten age? I know. I'm asking too much. But as I said before, one can hope.
    But rest assured, I had a huge wish list I posted for Sims 3 and never had any of those granted either!

• Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Icelandic Town
    I'd love to see a town inspired by Iceland, or any Nordic country really.

I am highly interested in Norse Mythology and intrigued by the Viking culture and would to see some references and inspiration of both in the game. Plus, I think it would be cool to have Icelandic Turf homes or Norwegian Waterfront homes found in cities like Bergen, fjords and black sand beaches. Oh and traditional foods from the respective countries. Especially the desserts like Skolebrød, Søtsuppe and Skyr.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited February 2022
    Greek Island
    Scobre wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Onverser

How about a California beach town like Santa Barbara, or Laguna Beach of Ventura beach, or Morro Bay, or Pismo Beach...... with surfing as well as swimming in the Ocean. A nice big pier with games and amusement rides, beach chairs and Umbrellas. A juice Shack with fancy drink glasses. A sweet shop with all kinds of different taffy. A T shirt and sweat shirt shop. Lots of little clutter items to fill a souvenir shop. At least 6 beachside lots for homes or retail stores, bars, restaurants or other lots. And at least two residential neighborhoods with 20x30 and 30x40 size lots. A downtown area where all ages can roller skate on the sidewalk and all ages have bikes, or trikes etc. give us some new shells to collect, a big boat to go deep sea fishing. Maybe even a whale watching boat.
    You are really hitting home with those suggestions. That was my childhood. <3

I loved the wharf with the candy shop and ice cream shop and toy shop and sea food. It was nice seeing the Doctors sail every Wednesday and hearing the seals bark. The paddle boarding was nice too. I would boogie board and body board myself. There was also sandboarding in the shallow water and tide pools. I had a very happy childhood and beach has always been my happy place. Bars, retail, and fancy restaurants aren't super big in beach towns. It is more laid back kind of like Hawaii with eating sea food and Mexican and fast food places. There was also a nice art show at the beach and biking and rollerblading and skateboarding near the beach too. Volleyball was a ton of fun too. I think the pier you are thinking about is the Santa Monica pier and Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco with the fancier things and carnival type things. I remember getting so sick whale watching, but it was a ton of fun. I wouldn't mind an aquarium venue either. That is why I got the Island Living pack is because it has a lot of beach activities like collecting shells, sailing, and sea fishing. That pack reminds me a lot of what it was like growing up in California.
    Yes, I have lived in California pretty much my whole life, and have always loved the beaches. Even now when I’m older and don’t swim in the water and boogie board the smaller waves, I love going to Morro Bay sometimes to watch the Kayakers in the bay, feed the squirrels, watch and listen to the seals, shop at all the little shops on the beach, and watch the surfers. It’s such a relaxing and nice time. And yes, I was referring to Santa Monica pier. There are so many different beaches here, all so different 😊. I love Catalina Island too.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Italian Coastal Town
    Onverser wrote: »
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Wheres my beautiful little Scotland 🤣, I cant see it 😂

Wouldn't a Scottish world just be the same as Windenburg? The landscapes are pretty much exactly the same

No way! Especially the Highlands. Windenburg is a sort-of wannabe. Half-timbered houses in themselves do not a European theme make. It's a nice 'world', and my favourite, but it feels more like northern New Hampshire, USA than any place in Europe.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Moroccan Town
    It seems with the wedding pack, we are sort of getting a world inspired by an Italian or Spanish costal city…? (Or Croatian city.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Greek Island
    I have noticed that Tartosa has a sortof Monte Vista feeling to it.
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited February 2022
    Brazilian City
    I really want the Philippines as an expansion pack. They aren’t represented in the “The Sims 4” series, really. I mean, having the Philippines in the game would make the game more inclusive to those who are Filipino.

I even made a thread about it here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/993311/phillipines-expansion-pack#latest
    Post edited by EliteGirl on
  • Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    South African Bush
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I want the Ancient Greek revival version, nothing modern.

I would Love a Tuscany Inspired world for a Farm Living Expansion Pack
    English/Scottish/French World for a Medieval Living Pack

I know Maxis / EA are American but if we revisit Medieval times I so so SO would love a Polish / Hungarian / Russian Medieval setting rather than the "It's, you know, England again, but with Robin Hood being an Alien".

I sort of agree with Tuscany tho; or somewhere in France. Somewhere where you could have wine yards or apple orchards as well as weat or potatoes, basically.

150% agree on an Eastern European or maybe even a Prussian feel. I live in England - I don't want to play all my games here too! Henford is an exception because it reminds me of where I grew up.

But bearded barbarians ftw.
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Caribbean Island
    Also a Greek Island world!
    Santorini-1.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    dominoes007dominoes007 Posts: 21 Member
    Icelandic Town
    I would love to have another cold location! I feel we have a few grey and rainy cold locations, and I would love one that feels more rocky and snowy (I know Iceland isn't snowy for half the year, but still). Also, as a Londoner, I would love a proper London or Parisian style city location.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    edited February 2022
    Argentinian Vineyard
    I wish there was an all of them option. I’d be happy with any of them.

I chose this answer simply because i want vineyards. Could have been Italy, South Africa, Spain.

But I will also say that I also like the worlds that seem to be a mix of different places. So they’re not so specific to real world locations.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    Honestly? In my opinion, none of them. I'm getting a bit sick of small, highly themed worlds that suit only one architectural style and doesn't fit in with the existing worlds at all so you end up with these random enclaves of about 10 lots that stick out on their own. I find it quite frankly, jarring. It's honestly why I haven't bought Snowy Escape despite wanting a snowsports pack for a long time - I'm just not interested in a Japanese themed world, or Japanese themed architecture yet it is the central focus of the pack.

It's not just the design of these neighbourhoods, but the layout. In these newer worlds to make them more immersive, they spread out the lots across the neighbourhood and fill in with neighbourhood architecture and activities. However, this means that your lot must conform with the wider world to make it look like it belongs.

In contrast, Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade all have their lots clustered together so you can create visually consistent (or suitably ecclectic) neighbourhoods that stick out less than I'd the lot was on its own.
  • Options
    HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    edited February 2022
    Greek Island
    I think a Greek island would be beautiful ( nothing the new world in the wedding pack) . Could have three neighborhood coastal, countryside & city with a lots that could be edited and more walkable space like in the new wedding pack . It could add a few job types like tourist guide & archaeologist . More plant and recipe varieties. Hidden beaches with black or pink sand .Museums and historical inspired monuments. Activities like sailing and olive oil making . Also hotels/resorts could be added as well Yacht lot type or vacation rental .
    3gptbassxcgz.jpeg
    or9sbawlj317.jpeg
    hr0ike3jwyka.jpeg
    i667j96saa6w.jpeg
    61h6k4rh6rbi.jpeg
    yo6ag4d8yryw.jpeg
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited February 2022
    Greek Island
    I would only pay for a Greek pack if it covers Greek Mythology, I want to slay monsters and go on epic advertures like Hercules, Perseus and Odysseus, because otherwise in my option a Greek pack wouldn't be worth it if it didn't include that content.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Italian Coastal Town
    I think a Greek island would be beautiful ( nothing the new world in the wedding pack) . Could have three neighborhood coastal, countryside & city with a lots that could be edited and more walkable space like in the new wedding pack . It could add a few job types like tourist guide & archaeologist . More plant and recipe varieties. Hidden beaches with black or pink sand .Museums and historical inspired monuments. Activities like sailing and olive oil making . Also hotels/resorts could be added as well Yacht lot type or vacation rental .
    3gptbassxcgz.jpeg
    or9sbawlj317.jpeg
    hr0ike3jwyka.jpeg
    i667j96saa6w.jpeg
    61h6k4rh6rbi.jpeg
    yo6ag4d8yryw.jpeg

Well, we got a 'Mediterranean' world that feels more like California and has none/nada/zero/zilch of what you mention and picture. All of which would have added life and interest. Last time they made an effort was with Selvadoria in Jungle Adventures. Alas, they chose to focus on messing up what we already had in base game instead of going the more interesting route.
  • Options
    HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    edited February 2022
    Greek Island
    3gptbassxcgz.jpeg
    or9sbawlj317.jpeg
    hr0ike3jwyka.jpeg
    i667j96saa6w.jpeg
    61h6k4rh6rbi.jpeg
    yo6ag4d8yryw.jpeg

Well, we got a 'Mediterranean' world that feels more like California and has none/nada/zero/zilch of what you mention and picture. All of which would have added life and interest. Last time they made an effort was with Selvadoria in Jungle Adventures. Alas, they chose to focus on messing up what we already had in base game instead of going the more interesting route.

Right ! I wish that they would pick real life places as inspo and pull from that one area ancient or modern day or a little of both by incorporating ruins etc. horizon forbidden west and even assassin’s creed odyssey literally put this world to shame in that the world around the characters are full of life from the buildings to animals.