Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discover University - Experimental Motivators

Do these things have any effect?

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    According to Carl's Guide:

The experimental motivators you get should be related to the Utili-Bots. I don't think that they do much for you at all but please correct me if I'm wrong.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/careers/discoveruniversity/engineer/
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    According to Carl's Guide:

The experimental motivators you get should be related to the Utili-Bots. I don't think that they do much for you at all but please correct me if I'm wrong.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/careers/discoveruniversity/engineer/

I built a tidy motivator and placed it on the coffee table in the living room. I have noticed sims cleaning after being near it but it could be a coincidence.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Motivators are grenades and quite impressive when they go off. You have them in your inventory and you deploy them around a group of sims. If it's a study motivator, you set it off around the kids and they'll get a buff for studying and homework, etc. If you use a Tidy motivator it'll buff everyone and influence them to clean. Energy motivators fill up some energy. Like spells, they can fail. If you have a dinner party, it's good to have someone with a party motivator and energy motivator on hand to boost everyone.

• Options
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    Motivators are grenades and quite impressive when they go off. You have them in your inventory and you deploy them around a group of sims. If it's a study motivator, you set it off around the kids and they'll get a buff for studying and homework, etc. If you use a Tidy motivator it'll buff everyone and influence them to clean. Energy motivators fill up some energy. Like spells, they can fail. If you have a dinner party, it's good to have someone with a party motivator and energy motivator on hand to boost everyone.

@Kerrigan is there a special way of using them? I say that because I only get the option to pull the motivator out of my sim's inventory and not to switch them on. I never get any buffs either.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited February 2021
    In your inventory you click on the item and it should have the option "deploy experimental motivator" I just set off a Study Motivator. Didn't catch the brightest part of the effect but here it is. The other sims that were nearby when it went off have a 'Need to Achieve" moodlet

gmLn0s1.png
  • Options
    @Kerrigan I'll give it a shot. Thanks.