Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Overcoming Fear Without The Brave Trait

With the new addition of the fear emotion and haunted houses I'm finally feeling more of a need to handle emotions.
Here are a few ways I found helpful to keep my sims stabil:

Mindfullness (SE)
If your sim does something mindful like reading, painting or playing an instrument they'll get a mindfullness buff (+3 or 4 I think) that is often strong enough to override any negative emotions.

Potion of Emotional Stability (RoM)
Very usefull for spellcasters who are also paranormal investigators/live in a haunted house, gives your sim stability for about 4 hours.

Deadend Emotions trait (V)
Only vampires can get this, handy for vamps who live in haunted houses/are paranormal investigators, they have a permanent buff of up to +10 fine (on highest tier of the trait).

Personally I like Mindfullness the best, as it seems more realistic and isnt permanent.
Of course these work with all emotions not just fear.
Gallery ID: ra7orrat

Comments

• Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    also ui cheats extension, right-click the scared moodlet lol
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    To be honest, my sims are fairly good at managing fear themselves. First thing they seem to do is run to their bed to hide.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    bella_goth wrote: »

Yep me too quick and easy lol
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

Yep me too quick and easy lol

right?? sometimes i forget it's a mod and not part of the game
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Don't forget the world wide buffs you can get for the IL conservation policies. My sims pay double for eating organic and get energized after a meal, which sadly is strong enough to over ride the fear.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Mindfullness can get to a +10 fine moodlet. I've only seen it once, I think it was from fishing. Mostly it's the +4 fine moodlet.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member

lol, well, for those who use mods I guess, I cant cause I am on console and also I like using the ingame mechanics if possible.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Also having your sims write in their journal. Its from the Parenthood pack
  • Options
    Shorty89Shorty89 Posts: 4 New Member
    Is there a way when installing the game through origin to not auto install all of the expansion and stuff packs.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Thanks for this thread. It’s interesting to see what can be done to calm sims down.
  • Options
    EncimiraEncimira Posts: 3 New Member
    Thanks, totally going to incorporate these into my stories. Especially the potion as my mediums are a family of potion brewing witches.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    They said they changed Tense sentiment to fear. I think the bath soaks used to get rid of the tense moodlets. Also de-stressing concoctions.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited February 2021
    Shorty89 wrote: »
    Is there a way when installing the game through origin to not auto install all of the expansion and stuff packs.

I think that when you click to install, dlc's will get in line to be installed while base game is being installed. You can take them out of the line by clicking in the small cross above each dlc. I hope it helps... it's been a long time i had the need to install all the game and dlc's.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've not yet seen the scared moodlet.