Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal house question

I downloaded the game yesterday and made my house - which is a renovated Cacti Casa from Oasis Springs because I wanted 4 bedrooms in a one story house. I am not totally feeling my house. The main reason I wanted a one-story house was that I didn't want to miss any ghost actions or anything related to the gameplay if I'm focused on sims on a different floor of the house if I had a two-story. Has anyone who has played already let me know if having a two-story house will make me miss out on anything?

Comments

• Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I downloaded the game yesterday and made my house - which is a renovated Cacti Casa from Oasis Springs because I wanted 4 bedrooms in a one story house. I am not totally feeling my house. The main reason I wanted a one-story house was that I didn't want to miss any ghost actions or anything related to the gameplay if I'm focused on sims on a different floor of the house if I had a two-story. Has anyone who has played already let me know if having a two-story house will make me miss out on anything?

You really won't miss out on anything. The specters and apparitions just sort of appear and in Guidry or the evil spirits case, don't worry - they'll come find your sims. Only advice I have this early is make your house nice and open so sims have room to run around. They're going to spend a lot of time scared. My Goth house has only been haunted for 6 Sim days and they're all pretty worn out.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited January 2021
    Well I haven't actually "played" it yet, just created my girl and went thru the CAS/BB catalog.

You could always do what I do, I'm a very visual person when I play and I like my worlds to be cohesive so my lots have to look like they belong. I personally do not like playing 2 story or more houses because I prefer to see all of the action. But if the world I'm living in has mostly victorian or older homes, I will still create a "2-story" house, but I make sure that the actual living space is just on the lower, main floor and I don't put in any stair case (or I don't put in any doors upstairs) so I essentially "fake it".

That way my house blends in with the feeling of the word, but it fits my own personal playstyle.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Also, when some actions happen, the game zooms in on it. Like when the first doll appears. A 2-story home is fine.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    In my experience with it, activity lasts between 9pm-6am (most intense 12am-4am). I just kind of keep an eye out and check each floor during those times (I always pause a lot when I play). I’m playing in a very small two story with a basement, and large yard. I have noticed that a few of the cute ghosts like to hang out outside and on the front porch as well. Noises and lighting changes tend to alert you to activity too.