Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

99 mods on the wall

So I just did a quick count, and I have 99 mods in my mods folder. Not counting the little CC I have (which is just body hair/skin overlay and some paintings I did...ok, many paintings....). Big gameplay mods, and small tunings and fixes. 65 from LMS and Bienchen alone! And that's only what is NOT covered by MCCC, NPCC and UIcheats!

Every time there's a patch, I go update those mods, maybe get rid of a few y'know? And what happens? I get more! Because bugs, annoyances and quality-of-life. I tried vanilla, lasted a week. I was afraid I'd lose the rest of my hair and my sanity.

I'm Kat, and I'm a Modaholic! Please tell me I'm not alone!

Comments

• Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I'm 100% with you. I can never have too many bugfix mods and annoyance removals in the wake of new bugs or absurd QoL changes.

I am eternally grateful for LittleMsSam taking the time to outline what mods were updated specifically for the patch in question! :)
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    No, you are not XD I have over 150 gameplay mods, bug fixes etc...
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited January 2021
    I don’t have a computer, I have a mods folder with a screen. (And this is after merging things.)
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    I don’t have a computer, I have a mods folder with a screen. (And this is after merging things.)

Sorry, but your remarks had me laughing out loud. Thanks, I needed that. :) I had 20+ mods in use for Sims3. This time, I find myself being very cautious. I had only about ten in use in Sims4, but am back down to about four as of this writing. Mostly because I haven't gotten word that some of them are updated or compatible. One is said to not be functioning, but it's working like it always has in my game. Not giving that one up for love or money. LOL Road to Fame is how my Sim earns his keep. He's a Global Superstar and has been since he was a teen. He's now a YA, dangerously close to becoming an Adult, with 26 released albums, several awards, including the coveted Starlight Accolade (for his MUSIC) this time. Yay. I also use cc. I have an ancestral game save set in the 18th century Colonial America, so I have clothes, a few objects, including addition vegetables and fruit for growing and hair. Got to have the right hair in that Era else it totally breaks the emersion.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I have not counted my mods - currently I am running a vanilla game waiting for time to check all the updates.
    I always find new mods when updating as well lol
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Thanks for replies :) Glad I have company, although I do feel like a little newb, modwise :D No doubt I'll get more though, there are a couple I'm looking for, but haven't found yet/again. And I agree LMS is awesome, she makes it so easy to check for updates. Now wondering if the mod I want is on her site. Need to check!

And @AyKooChao thanks for the laugh! Took a couple seconds..."No computer? But how are you play.....oh!" :D

@GalacticGal Ancestral play sounds so interesting! Wondering about it too, since I have fairly good knowledge about my ancestors, at least on my fathers side. Someone had a family book written, and it goes back to the 1500's, from Germany to Denmark and then to Norway. I could at least get the names right, all the way down the family tree to my own generation :D No idea how they all looked, though, except my own relatives, of course :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Thanks for replies :) Glad I have company, although I do feel like a little newb, modwise :D No doubt I'll get more though, there are a couple I'm looking for, but haven't found yet/again. And I agree LMS is awesome, she makes it so easy to check for updates. Now wondering if the mod I want is on her site. Need to check!

And @AyKooChao thanks for the laugh! Took a couple seconds..."No computer? But how are you play.....oh!" :D

@GalacticGal Ancestral play sounds so interesting! Wondering about it too, since I have fairly good knowledge about my ancestors, at least on my fathers side. Someone had a family book written, and it goes back to the 1500's, from Germany to Denmark and then to Norway. I could at least get the names right, all the way down the family tree to my own generation :D No idea how they all looked, though, except my own relatives, of course :)

The family of ancestors I'm playing is also on my father's side! Fortunately, for me, my sixth great-great grandfather became a somebody, so we at least have a clue as to what he actually looked like. Paintings exist. Unfortunately for his first wife, my sixth great-grandmother, we have little more than a vague description of her. She was small and blonde. Another biographer did suggest she was delicate and modest in a manner that was well-suited to the man she married, as in it suited his values. He was born in 1745, she in 1746. They were about nine months apart in age. She was also known for her hospitality and her bravery. (You'd have to be brave to travel 300 miles southwest in a wagon over roads that were bumpy and not much more than trails, in reality, with seven— yes, I wrote SEVEN children under the age of eleven, one a babe-in-arms. Can you even begin to imagine it?)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    edited January 2021
    250 mods, an unknown number of functional items in the cc folders (I never know whether to save functional items as mods or as furniture, same for food recipes) and 106 lines in the SCAM confic file (each equaling a small make this interaction non-autonomous mod).

But one very happy player :)
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    Used to have a mods folder a mile long, because I would just dump in everything in without organizing it. I absolutely lived for mods, and searched for new ones all the time. Now I went back and deleted everything and started over. I can feel my modaholicness coming back, though...
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    So I just did a quick count, and I have 99 mods in my mods folder. Not counting the little CC I have (which is just body hair/skin overlay and some paintings I did...ok, many paintings....). Big gameplay mods, and small tunings and fixes. 65 from LMS and Bienchen alone! And that's only what is NOT covered by MCCC, NPCC and UIcheats!

Every time there's a patch, I go update those mods, maybe get rid of a few y'know? And what happens? I get more! Because bugs, annoyances and quality-of-life. I tried vanilla, lasted a week. I was afraid I'd lose the rest of my hair and my sanity.

I'm Kat, and I'm a Modaholic! Please tell me I'm not alone!

I am totally with you, without mods, mods to help make things not look plastic and mods that help with gameplay I would littery hate the game.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I had Mods for Sims 3 but this time I'm not playing with Mods at all and wonder if the ongoing problems those who use them have is due to the changes already made in their games by CC and mods even though they have been removed for Patches etc.

For instance the Guru's said lately that new Save games wouldn't have some problems mentioned but old ones took time to get over those problems.
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I had Mods for Sims 3 but this time I'm not playing with Mods at all and wonder if the ongoing problems those who use them have is due to the changes already made in their games by CC and mods even though they have been removed for Patches etc.

For instance the Guru's said lately that new Save games wouldn't have some problems mentioned but old ones took time to get over those problems.

I have played both ways in the sims 4, either way there are bugs and some of my mods that I have helped with some of the bugs and Sims team have not yet fixed
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »

Mods are necessary for TS3, because the game was left hanging the way it was. I would never ever play it if it wasn't for Nraas. With Error trap, Master controller and more, I'm having a blast in TS3 again lately :)

As for TS4, to me mods are necessary as well. I'm bothered by less bugs with mods than without (not to mention all the annoying stuff that goes on). I've always tested bugs without mods, for AHQ reports etc, I'm just not going to anymore. There are too many for me to keep tabs on, and I don't have the health and energy to keep it up. Its too much hassle to constantly remove/add mods folder for every little thing I want to test. And yeah, I'm guessing my old saves still have issues that were fixed, because the fixes weren't retroactive. Not sure what to do with those, some I haven't played in a year or two.

And wow, @EnkiSchmidt that's a LOT o'mods! :D I'm guessing the SCAM config file is the tuning in MCCC? Or does it come as a separate mod too? My tuner.cfg is at 280'ish lines right now :D
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    And wow, @EnkiSchmidt that's a LOT o'mods! :D I'm guessing the SCAM config file is the tuning in MCCC? Or does it come as a separate mod too? My tuner.cfg is at 280'ish lines right now :D
    Yes, SCAM is the still working predecessor of Mc Tuning. At one point it got integrated into MCCC. Tbh I have no idea what the differences are, I just didn't fancy disabling everything again. Do you by chance know if I can just copy over SCAM cfg's contents into Mc Tuner's?
  • Options
    I think so. I mean, I know you can even use someone elses tuner.cfg, or copy parts of it to your own. I think they are the same, with the interaction ID, followed by the name. You'd probably have to use MCCC tuner to disable one action, to create the cfg file first. Then copy from the SCAM one.

SCAM is the same as the Tuner, as far as I know. I've never used it so don't know if there are any differences.
  • Options
    tomiharvtomiharv Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Kathykins said:
    > So I just did a quick count, and I have 99 mods in my mods folder. Not counting the little CC I have (which is just body hair/skin overlay and some paintings I did...ok, many paintings....). Big gameplay mods, and small tunings and fixes. 65 from LMS and Bienchen alone! And that's only what is NOT covered by MCCC, NPCC and UIcheats!
    >
    > Every time there's a patch, I go update those mods, maybe get rid of a few y'know? And what happens? I get more! Because bugs, annoyances and quality-of-life. I tried vanilla, lasted a week. I was afraid I'd lose the rest of my hair and my sanity.
    >
    > I'm Kat, and I'm a Modaholic! Please tell me I'm not alone!

me having over 2,000 for sims 4 ._.