Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want playable fairies in the Sims 4?

AzukiMochiAzukiMochi Posts: 118 Member
There's a discussion on specific ideas for gameplay, CAS, lore, etc. on my other thread for fairies if you want to check that out as well.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/985907/sims-4-fairies-pack/p1

NO DRAMA, PLEASE!
giphy.gif
I be obsessed with faeries. As well as mermaids.
Post edited by AzukiMochi on

Do you want playable fairies in the Sims 4? 93 votes

Yes
66% 62 votes
No
18% 17 votes
Maybe/Unsure
15% 14 votes

Comments

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'm not keen on brats with wings.

I want dark fae, the wild hunt, and the immortal 8. Taoist fairies would be a total game-changer.... mostly cos I'd like some hanfu style outfits and hair.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I might vastly prefer classical Folklore type Fae, but I'll take Pixie type fairies.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It's not one of my favourite occults but it would depend on how it's done...
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Not my favorite either. I want zombies and wearwolves but I'll take fairies.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I would love to have more occults, paranormals and fantasy elements in the game without having to use mods. With that said I believe that the developers should be given ample time to do their jobs and the packs for these elements should be properly playtested. By people who love the game and are interested in finding the bugs and problems in the game. Report these issues. I would rather have a later release date if it means minimal problems than released too soon before the developers can fix problems that exist.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I say maybe because what would make them different to spell casters?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    YES, PRETTY PLEASE. :)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yes, As long as Spellcasters Can learn and use Fairy magic and Fairies can Learn and use Spellcaster Magic.
    I'm totally open for more spell variations and of course more spells!

Maybe Harvesting resources, Like Crushing Diamonds, Emeralds, Sapphires, Rubies, and refining them into Fairy/Pixie Dust.

The only thing is I don't want to see any of that Fairies are "natural Tricksters" nonsense woven into their life state trait by default.

I wonder, fairies are a subcategory under the elfish occult type, I do want to see other Mythological fantasy creatures Like, Orcs, Minotaurs, Satyrs.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I just want as many occult types as I can get lol, so heck yeah to fairies!

I agree with some things mentioned above, that it would be great to have a few different variations of fairy aside from the pixie and Tinkerbell kind. After Vampires, I wasn't so sure what a whole game pack about fairies could offer, but being able to choose a good path or dark path would definitely make things interesting.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    The more occults the better for me!!
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I'm not sure, it really depends on how they do them. While it seems to be unpopular on this particular thread, I think they need to double down on the classic fairy and pixie style, to differentiate them from spellcasters and to give them a completely unique feel. If people want dark fae and all that, that can be achieved by giving a caster an unnatural skin tone and pointy ears. I think they need to go with the complete whimsical side of fairies, maybe give us a toadstool ring as a means of travelling to the realm of fairies, the whole glowing magic forest vibe with BB mode, and a system of magic that operates differently from spellcasting and is maybe slanted towards more chaotic things, like bizarre backfires if magic goes wrong. It just really needs to feel different from spellcasters, and I don't think the elves and that branch of Tolkein fae will really do that. Bring back the Summerdreams.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited January 2021
    i mean i guess more occults is always good but I feel like fairies is at the bottom of my list

cause I'm more into the dark side of them and all the nature vibes over the sparkly vibes but i have very big fear they'd just make them another shallow gameplay happy moodlet generator which no thank you

and i mean we even have plantsims but they didnt bother giving them either any real gameplay and made their existence a freaking disease soooo..... yeah. i dont see much hope for awesome fairy pack
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    They're one of the biggest things missing for me.
  • Options
    Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    They deserve it.

I would like fairies like in TS3.
  • Options
    I'm not sure, it really depends on how they do them. While it seems to be unpopular on this particular thread, I think they need to double down on the classic fairy and pixie style, to differentiate them from spellcasters and to give them a completely unique feel. If people want dark fae and all that, that can be achieved by giving a caster an unnatural skin tone and pointy ears. I think they need to go with the complete whimsical side of fairies, maybe give us a toadstool ring as a means of travelling to the realm of fairies, the whole glowing magic forest vibe with BB mode, and a system of magic that operates differently from spellcasting and is maybe slanted towards more chaotic things, like bizarre backfires if magic goes wrong. It just really needs to feel different from spellcasters, and I don't think the elves and that branch of Tolkein fae will really do that. Bring back the Summerdreams.

Heh. Sweet child, thinking that Elves are the only other way Fae are depicted.

Weird skin and pointy ears aren't going to give me my Bwcas, Leprechauns, Kobolds, Goblins, Brownies, Pookas, Hobbs, Pucks, Redcaps, Spriggans, Sluaghs...

But as I said, I'll take Pixies, because that's probably what we're going to get.
  • Options
    Just an FYI, I do read the comments on here, it's just a bit too much for me to respond to all of them. :tongue:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I had a change of heart, and I’m no longer going to update. Sorry.

EDIT:
    Changed my mind. I'm bored and want something to focus on. lol
    Post edited by AzukiMochi on
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    JinxIndigoJinxIndigo Posts: 45 Member
    We got vampires and werewolves, now all we need is a proper Fairy Game pack.

I dont mind not having mummies and genies (even though I love them aswell), but I would be really dissapointed if fairies are neglected in sims 4 :/
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I only want them so I can have wicked fairies who curse sims and their future children and good fairies who bless them. I would mainly use them as a catalyst for starting stories, not really play them individually all that much...You know, basically have them do that fairytale thing where them meddling in the affairs of mortals (or mortals meddling with them) is what kicks off all of the mess. >:)
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    I'm not keen on brats with wings.

I want dark fae, the wild hunt, and the immortal 8. Taoist fairies would be a total game-changer.... mostly cos I'd like some hanfu style outfits and hair.

I would love more Hanfu styles in the Sims. I wish we could have a good amount of Spring floral fairies, dark fae and Taoist fairies. THat would be awesome.
  • Options
    KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Weird skin and pointy ears aren't going to give me my Bwcas, Leprechauns, Kobolds, Goblins, Brownies, Pookas, Hobbs, Pucks, Redcaps, Spriggans, Sluaghs...

But as I said, I'll take Pixies, because that's probably what we're going to get.

Hi, question. So all those other things you mentioned are fairies as well, but pixies are the Tinkerbelle-looking things?

Honestly, a whole Fairy Expansion Pack would be awesome, then. (and I know people will complain that other Occults got only a Game Pack, but if I'm understanding your post correctly, it seems that Fairies are very diverse and probably need a bigger pack). I think to separate them from Spellcasters, Pixie magic is based on blessings and curses. I've noticed that Spellcasters on Sims 4 don't have curses sadly. (Remember Haunting Curse/Toadification from Sims 3? Those were long-term ailments caused by Sorcerers in Sims 3, Sorcerers>Spellcaster imo). Elves can have healing abilities and nature abilities or whatever elves actually do. I mean, they could just do their research and make it accurate. Goblins can get rich easy, if that's what goblins do.
  • Options
    Kbobster wrote: »

Hi, question. So all those other things you mentioned are fairies as well, but pixies are the Tinkerbelle-looking things?

Honestly, a whole Fairy Expansion Pack would be awesome, then. (and I know people will complain that other Occults got only a Game Pack, but if I'm understanding your post correctly, it seems that Fairies are very diverse and probably need a bigger pack). I think to separate them from Spellcasters, Pixie magic is based on blessings and curses. I've noticed that Spellcasters on Sims 4 don't have curses sadly. (Remember Haunting Curse/Toadification from Sims 3? Those were long-term ailments caused by Sorcerers in Sims 3, Sorcerers>Spellcaster imo). Elves can have healing abilities and nature abilities or whatever elves actually do. I mean, they could just do their research and make it accurate. Goblins can get rich easy, if that's what goblins do.

Yes. Tinkerbelle is the Standard Pixie model. The others... not so much. Most are out of British and Celtic folklore, which is the best known of the Faerie folklore, though there are Faerie like beings in nearly every culture on the globe. Semi-Capricious (or outright Capricious) creatures of nature that operate by social rules that don't quite mesh with the humans they live next to.

There's an old TV movie (available on Youtube) called Faeries, based on the Faerie book illustrated by Brian Froud - the Concept Artist for the Dark Crystal and Labyrinth. My dream is that they can use that book as source material.

But, as you point out, to do Faerie the way I would want it done, the way I would call "right" - or at least close enough for Sims work - would require far more resources than they can put into a Game Pack. Which is why I will settle for just Pixies, because I know those can fit.
  • Options
    JinxIndigoJinxIndigo Posts: 45 Member
    > @DaWaterRat said:

> But, as you point out, to do Faerie the way I would want it done, the way I would call "right" - or at least close enough for Sims work - would require far more resources than they can put into a Game Pack. Which is why I will settle for just Pixies, because I know those can fit.

I think if EA decides to bring fairies with an Expansion Pack, they would bring them as a small part of that big expansion pack. For example; Fairy Tales expansion pack with bunch of different things as careers, traits and stuff but also with fairy lifestate (same as Island Living mermaids). I would not want that, as I think fairies should have a game pack directly dedicated to that lifestate, with extensive gameplay.

Im very glad that theh didnt include fairies in Cottage Living pack for example, even tho many people think fairies would be a great addition to that pack.
  • Options
    CordeliaBeaufortCordeliaBeaufort Posts: 76 Member
    edited October 2022
    I hope it is not necroposting, but yes If EA makes a Fairy Game Pack like they did for Werewolves, I would buy with a heart beat.
    Kbobster wrote: »
    Honestly, a whole Fairy Expansion Pack would be awesome, then. (and I know people will complain that other Occults got only a Game Pack, but if I'm understanding your post correctly, it seems that Fairies are very diverse and probably need a bigger pack). I think to separate them from Spellcasters, Pixie magic is based on blessings and curses. I've noticed that Spellcasters on Sims 4 don't have curses sadly.

I think EA could make courts, Seelie and Unseelie, depends on sims alignment. Mischief fairies would curse while good fairies would bless.
    I would also love to see Oberon Titania Puck family as fairy court royalty.
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I personally do not, but I would not object to them being added and would be happy for other people to get them to play. So, while I said "No", I still support adding them for other people who seem to enjoy them. I've just never had an interest in fairies. Elves (as in the Tolkien/ D&D type) I like.