Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Giant mirror floating near my lot

lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
There is a giant mirror floating next to my lot. The frame is up in the air and the glass is down at my Sim's level. I am able to click on the frame and select mirror actions and my Sim will approach the glass and do them. It's in a community area, so I can't delete it. I have no clue why it's there or how it got there or how to get rid of it. Anyone have any suggestions?
0FmcMGA.png
Gallery ID: LadyGray01

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Shift click on the windows to delete it doesn't work?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    You can delete the object with one of Bienchen's mods:

https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/sonstige-mods-misc-mods/

MM-026 destroyobjectcheat

• Options
    izecson wrote: »
    Shift click on the windows to delete it doesn't work?

No it doesn't. I can choose to set it as my head or reset it. Resetting it didn't do anything and I don't want to set it as my Sim's head (unless that will allow me to get rid of it and my Sim can be returned to normal).
  • Options
    Gagea wrote: »
    You can delete the object with one of Bienchen's mods:

https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/sonstige-mods-misc-mods/

MM-026 destroyobjectcheat

If that's what I have to do, then I will. But if I can remove it without installing mods I would rather.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    If you set it as head you can bring it on the lot then maybe you'll be able to delete it?
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    If you set it as head you can bring it on the lot then maybe you'll be able to delete it?

Ok, I tried that. All it did was create a duplicate mirror above my Sim's head. I was unable to delete that one either, though reseting my Sim did make it go away. The original mirror is still floating in the air beside my lot.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited January 2021
    Try traveling to another lot, then immediately returning to your lot. This usually works for me with objects like plates, and books etc. left outside an editable area. If that doesn’t work try deleting the localthumbcache file and then repairing your game. If that still doesn’t work try resetting your sims folder.
  • Options
    Can it be destroyed in game with fire, a spell or something? Lightning strike?
  • Options
    Try traveling to another lot, then immediately returning to your lot. This usually works for me with objects like plates, and books etc. left outside an editable area. If that doesn’t work try deleting the localthumbcache file and then repairing your game. If that still doesn’t work try resetting your sims folder.

Okay, I did each thing and the mirror is still there. I'm sure it would go away if I didn't put my save back in after resetting the Sims folder, but then I would lose everything.
    Any other suggestions anyone??
  • Options
    Can it be destroyed in game with fire, a spell or something? Lightning strike?

I don't have a spellcaster right now, can they destroy objects in community areas?
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    You can edit community lots. Go to "manage worlds", click on the lot and click build.
  • Options
    You can edit community lots. Go to "manage worlds", click on the lot and click build.

Unfortunately it's not on a community lot. It's just in a communal area in the world itself, between lots.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Oh sorry about that @lisamwitt. Unfortunately then I don't know a way to fix it.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I had that happen a while back in a cloned world. I had to bulldoze the lot and surrounding lots to get rid of it. I don't know if that will work for you but hopefully, it doesn't have to get extreme enough where you have to save your sims you are playing and delete you save file for your current game or just start up a new game altogether with your current sims.

Do you have earlier saves for your current game that you can go to and see if you are still having issues with the floating mirror? Oddly sometimes that works too.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    I do have a save backup, but unfortunately it's at least a month old, so I would lose the current generation of my family. My husband's suggestion was just to move my lot so I don't have to look at it. Lol.
  • Options
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I do have a save backup, but unfortunately it's at least a month old, so I would lose the current generation of my family. My husband's suggestion was just to move my lot so I don't have to look at it. Lol.

It might be stuck there from the lot itself. Maybe if you bulldoze and then place the lot again it will take the mirror with it?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    lisamwitt wrote: »

It might be stuck there from the lot itself. Maybe if you bulldoze and then place the lot again it will take the mirror with it?

Tried it, no such luck. The mirror stayed put. It definitely looks like I'm going to have to either ignore it, or lose my save.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I would definitely try having a witch use Inferniate on it. If it worked youd be left with a pile of ash and a simple Scuberoo. Now that spellcasters dont lose their spells when imported from the gallery or library you could maybe temporarily move one in and try it?
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    There's always the mod that was suggested. Does MOO work? That's very handy for eliminating the uneliminatable in TS2.
  • Options
    There's always the mod that was suggested. Does MOO work? That's very handy for eliminating the uneliminatable in TS2.

No, it doesn't. I think I'll install the suggested mod, delete the mirror, then uninstall the mod. Thanks for trying to help everyone!
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited January 2021
    @lisamwitt Hey! Use the T.O.O.L. mod. That will solve it. Here's TwistedMexi's tutorial:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4SXG3k34gI

(I've been using it a bit now to do the opposite, move things like monkeybars, junglegyms, trees, ornaments, gardens, etc off of lots to free up space and put in some stuff in the empty off-lot areas of some maps. ;) )

EDIT: What you would do is click on the mirror, or now two mirrors I guess lol, then move it onto the lot. Switch from live mode to build mode then just delete them, or put them in household inventory, or somewhere in the house if you like. :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    @lisamwitt Hey! Use the T.O.O.L. mod. That will solve it. Here's TwistedMexi's tutorial:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4SXG3k34gI

(I've been using it a bit now to do the opposite, move things like monkeybars, junglegyms, trees, ornaments, gardens, etc off of lots to free up space and put in some stuff in the empty off-lot areas of some maps. ;) )

EDIT: What you would do is click on the mirror, or now two mirrors I guess lol, then move it onto the lot. Switch from live mode to build mode then just delete them, or put them in household inventory, or somewhere in the house if you like. :)

Wow, nice mod.