Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened to my cowplant?

ValmontValmont Posts: 105 Member
So my game was having a huge lag spike that wasnt going away no matter what. I save, quit, run the game again and...

SGvkduy.png

My cowplant has gone baby.

Yeah... another bug. Nope, no mods here, It is summer by the way... Will it get back to normal?

Comments

• Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    Gardening has been messed up since EL update. This can happen with all plants unfortunately.

You can wait for it to grow up again... I'm pretty sure it will eventually, or you can cheat it back to normal. Which isn't really cheating because it's the games fault lol.

Turn testing cheats on
    Shift click > Set gardening state > Growth stage > Mature
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    There is a bug report on it, of course. @Wyrren has the first solution I've seen other than waiting for it to grow back on its own.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Cow-Plant-Resets-to-previous-growing-stage/td-p/9782272
  • Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yup, happened to me as well. Dont worry the plant will go to normal again. If you notice, you can still feed it, and interact as if it was an adult cowplant. Eventually it will revert to the adult state. In any case, i dont pay too much attention to it, its awful as sin. I wish we could have a regular carnivore plant instead of a parody joke.
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    It happened with me and I fixed it just going to Buy More and moving the cowplant around. :)
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,310 Member
    @Valmont - one thing about using the cheat; in my experience if you set plants to the "blossoming" stage, it seems like they still need to wait until the next morning at the standard 5am to actually blossom. And all the stages between being planted and blossoming for the cowplant look the same (the little head sticking out like you have up there) so it might look like the cheat didn't work. However, when I used the cheat on my unfairly reduced cowplant it turned back into the big mamajamma at 5am the next day.