Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing with Midnight Hollow + Savvy Seller's Collection

I have recently bought the Midnight Hollow world + Savvy Seller's Collection at The Sims 3 Store, because (1) it has nice Victorian architecture and furnishings and would definitely work for a Victorian-style neighborhood, and (2) it has the ability to own retail shops.

In my game, the Landgraabs of Sunset Valley have returned from their France vacation, and I thought it would be nice for the Landgraabs to sell their loot and treasure at an owned shop. So, I made Nancy Landgraab buy up the local Diner, renamed the Diner, and noticed that Buy/Build mode was actually locked for non-residential lots. So, I used testingcheatsenabled cheat to buy the Savvy Sellers cash register, some counters, a rug and 2 shelves.

But then, I notice that inactive Sims can purchase items in the shop, but the Landgraab family is not profiting from it.

How do I make the Landgraab family profit from the shop?

Also, I notice that when a Sim buys an item, the item doesn't disappear and gets replaced by a little sign like in The Sims 2. Instead, the exact same item sits there as if nothing is purchased. So much for selling away junk stuff and treasure.