Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

High School Graduation - Problems [SOLVED?]

thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
Hi, everyone!

So, I was super happy that my eldest child had just become an adult and I started planning his graduation day with his sister's birthday and....
There's no graduation. :(

I was checking this topic and there is this information:
Sid1701D9 wrote: »
Also with seasons watch for snow days and holidays, the graduation ceremony won't be on one of those days. If you age up on a weekend graduation will be next week sometime. If the teenagers are close to the same age less than 1 or 2 days apart each they will all graduate at the same time.

Is that infomation accurate? As a matter of fact, it's indeed snowy day for my teens. I also wonder if he'll have his graduation cerimony anyway since the mother had a day off from work despite not having a cerimony.
Post edited by thuggishsplicer on

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Graduations always surprise me. The question pops up to ask if you want to graduate that day and if you say no it doesn't happen that day and you get the question again the next day.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    Graduations always surprise me. The question pops up to ask if you want to graduate that day and if you say no it doesn't happen that day and you get the question again the next day.

Strange, I never got that pop up and my Sims always graduate the next day after aging up (weekdays only)
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Karritz wrote: »

Strange, I never got that pop up and my Sims always graduate the next day after aging up (weekdays only)

A setting in NRaas Story Progression gives you the option to wait.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Even in a vanilla game, they'll generally hold off graduation if you have two or more kids who are very close in age. But no pop-up.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Thanks @Karritz @izecson @IreneSwift @InfraGreen !

It's been a sim-week and my eldest sim hasn't had his cerimony. His brother is like 10 days younger, so I don't think it's related to that. Except if, due to the Snow Day, the graduation was called off and when it would be scheduled, the younger sim gets in the way. Problem is I'm running out of patience to wait and see if things will work out.

I consider installing Story Progression Careers and go back to ensure a proper graduation.
  • Options
    jetmackaluvsjotwahjetmackaluvsjotwah Posts: 70 Member
    There are settings in NRAAS that let you pick when you want sims to graduate. You can pick either waiting until all sims have aged up, or immediately. It should be 2-3 days after aging up, you get a pop-up asking if you want to graduate at so and so time
  • Options
    Hi! So this message is for those that find this thread on Google.
    I managed to have my sim graduate. And it was possible with Nraas Story Progression Career.

50825821583_7cb6f5be3d_h.jpgScreenshot-53 by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

Winter is the worst month to age up. I tried many things, but I think something got wrong in the save because there were too many sims waiting to graduate. Jeffrey Castor was an adult and had his graduation on that day too. Many things were out of place.
  • Options
    @igazor I have a question.
    Is it possible to be faced with graduation issues if one plays the save with Story Progression Careers and then removes it later?

I'm asking because in many games, if you uninstall a mod at the wrong moment, there can be issued like those.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2021
    @igazor I have a question.
    Is it possible to be faced with graduation issues if one plays the save with Story Progression Careers and then removes it later?
    Not that I am aware of to the point where they would be documented, but that doesn't mean such would be impossible to have happen.

The solution though, if there is to be one (besides not ever removing the SP Career module in the first place) would be to remove StoryProgression entirely, clear the scriptCache, play and save the game a couple of times to flush all of its settings out, and then assuming this is wanted put SP back in again and start over with fresh settings. ErrorTrap should be taking care of lingering errant settings most of the time once a mod is removed though, assuming it is in play, but in this case we're talking about the impact of SP overlapping onto EA settings so just about anything can happen otherwise I guess.

One of the reasons things like this don't bother me much (and this is just me) is that except maybe for wishes to be granted and photo ops, it doesn't really matter if a sim attends their graduation. Any sim who has aged up to YA has been deemed to have graduated high school even if they never really learned anything along the way. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    @igazor Thanks a million!
    That was really insightful. :)

I agree with your last paragraph. It became a tradition in my game, though.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Any sim who has aged up to YA has been deemed to have graduated high school even if they never really learned anything along the way. :)

Waitaminute I resemble that remark. 😁🥴
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    One of my favorite sitcom quotes from now decades ago...

"Didn't you go to high school, stupid?"
    "Yeah, and I came out the same way!"
    :D
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net