Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gull Cottage and The Ghost and Mrs. Muir

Another in my series of TVLand builds from the 60's, the Ghost and Mrs. Muir. I've created the Muir's, mother Carolyn and the children, Candice and Jonathan, along with their dog Scruffy and the housekeeper Martha Grant. Also, living(?) in the house, is Captain Daniel Gregg, the former owner. It was the Captain's family home (note the portraits of his father Captain Jonas Gregg above the living room fireplace and mother Isabella Gregg above the dining room fireplace). There is a Front Room and a Parlor along with a Dining Room and Kitchen, all slightly updated for the comfort of the new owners. There is also a small office in which Carolyn enjoys writing. Upstairs, Carolyn has moved into the Captain's old bedroom (against his wishes) and there is a private suite for Martha and two bedrooms for the kids with a hall bath. There is a large deck above the front porch and another deck above the back porch. The Captain has moved some personal things into the attic that also has access to the roof's widow walk where a large telescope is located for watching the ships at sea.

#dannydanbo, #ghostandmrsmuir, #ghost, #gullcottage, #muir

50807522188_e643d4e270_h.jpg
50808206067_f5b10be9fa_h.jpg
50807351628_d8639b4322_h.jpg
50808205757_373fde3dd4_h.jpg
50808205882_dac8885c13_h.jpg
50808091921_a4274bd44a_h.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    Definitely going to look at putting this on my list of things to add.
    The fact that someone else knows this show besides me makes me quite happy.
    To be fair, I don't have TV Land so didn't know the TV show was aired on there sometimes. I knew it more from the 1947 film that the show was based on with Gene Tierney and Rex Harrison. (Use to wind up watching a LOT of old movies with my grandparents when I was a wee lad. I still watch a lot of old movies actually.)
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    ghamrick75 wrote: »
    Definitely going to look at putting this on my list of things to add.
    The fact that someone else knows this show besides me makes me quite happy.
    To be fair, I don't have TV Land so didn't know the TV show was aired on there sometimes. I knew it more from the 1947 film that the show was based on with Gene Tierney and Rex Harrison. (Use to wind up watching a LOT of old movies with my grandparents when I was a wee lad. I still watch a lot of old movies actually.)

I actually recently began watching it again on Youtube. Try going there. It only lasted two seasons but it was during the "Time Of Magic" along with Bewitched and I Dream Of Jeannie. I always loved the movie and liked the idea of moving into a ghosts house and dealing with them. I'm glad you like the build.