Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff That Would Really Enhance My Game Experience As A Builder and Storyteller

- One of the annoying things about The Sims 4 is that the captions must be kept so short. In The Sims 2, I can write a decent paragraph, but in The Sims 4, I have to write 1-2 sentences. The only strategy to bypass this is to write a story in the Chinese language, which tends to use fewer characters than linear-alphabetic languages (Korean uses an alphabet, but those letters are arranged in space-saving blocks, and the literary culture has a large Sinitic influence because of Classical Chinese, allowing further conciseness). Writing a The Sims 4 caption should not be like writing a Twitter post. What I would like to see is an increase in caption length.

- All screenshots can be viewed in-game with The Sims 4 Screenshot Capture Manager, but I would like the developers to take a step further and let us make our own subfolders within this Screenshot Capture Manager. Then, we can sort our own pictures in-game by Family or by Save File or whatever. Some kind of organization is necessary for this tool to be useful.

- The Movie-making tool is awesome! I love the ability to block out UI sound and the whole UI.

- Please bring back boolprop constrainFloorElevation true/false cheat! The wall height can be adjusted in-game, but there are some limitations. If you want to build a lot with multiple buildings, and each building should have walls of different height, then you can't do that in-game, because all the wall heights of the same floor/level will be the same. Plus, with the cheat code, we can make fake car garages that touch the floor, not on a weird foundation.

- I also wish for the ability to carve out a basement, like in TS2 and TS3. The TS4 basement tool is too much like TS3 basement tool, but TS3 also has the option to carve out a basement with only foundations TS2-style. This kind of thing would allow walk-out basements in TS4.