Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Wish For An Option For A Grandma

morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member
edited January 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
My point is I wish they would add an option for a sim being a grandma without needing another sim to be the parent of a child..
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    That's impossible, but hey, men can be pregnant in this game so... ? You could always make the granmother a caregiver and move the child in with her, then kill off the parents (cruel but effective)?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited January 2021
    My point is I wish they would add an option for a sim being a grandma without needing another sim to be the parent of a child..

yes that would be nice
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey @morganlefaye I moved your thread to the Game Feedback section. :)
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I just create the parent in CAS and then kill them immediately in-game.
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member

Talk about childhood trauma :lol:
  • Options
    morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member
    EA_Leeloo wrote: »
    Hey @morganlefaye I moved your thread to the Game Feedback section. :)

OK thank you, I'm never sure what category I end up making, so I just use the off topic.
  • Options
    Yautjagirl wrote: »

Talk about childhood trauma :lol:

Not really, I also use mods that can have the child "forget" their relationship with the dead parent. So it is like they only ever knew living with the grandparents.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Actually, you don't have to kill off the parent. All you need to do is play with genetics in CAS by first creating an Adult Female sim, then her Young Adult child, then the Young Adult's Child. After that, delete the Young Adult so that all you have is the Grandmother & her Grandchild as your household.
    By the way, the genetics in CAS also works for Aunts/Uncles, Cousins & Siblings.
    You don't need mods to do this. I only play Vanilla & it always worked for me.
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Actually, you don't have to kill off the parent. All you need to do is play with genetics in CAS by first creating an Adult Female sim, then her Young Adult child, then the Young Adult's Child. After that, delete the Young Adult so that all you have is the Grandmother & her Grandchild as your household.
    By the way, the genetics in CAS also works for Aunts/Uncles, Cousins & Siblings.
    You don't need mods to do this. I only play Vanilla & it always worked for me.

I also like seeing the "dead" parent in the family tree. That is why I kill go through the effort to kill a sim.
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    I agree, its reallyt annoying that I have to go into cas, create the parents, then kill the in-game. So annoying.