Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh no

I just got my brother's girlfriend cheating is on him and she some guy over so what should I do?
d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Tell him?
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Are you certain there's intimacy, because simply having a guy over means nothing. I guess your choices are a) stay out of it and let them handle their relationship without your help, b)confront her with your concerns, or c) tell your brother about your concerns.

But unless you walked in on something and know she was intimate with someone else firsthand, be careful with assuming, because it would be unfortunate to get in the middle if it turns out you were mistaken.

Hoping all works out for the best, for all involved.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Yeah, what Nush said. Just make sure that you're really sure on what you see. Cuz sometimes it's easy for us to jump to conclusions or something and then that's not gonna end well.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Ask for a bribe before you blab.
    Might as well make money out of a bad situation.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I think out of all the advice given so far, you should confront the girlfriend and find out just what the facts are. If it turns out you are correct in what you think happened then she has a choice. She can either confess to your brother about seeing someone else behind his back (and that you insist on being present), or break things off with the other guy. If she chooses neither let her know that you will be certain your brother knows what's going one because you love your brother and won't allow him to be hurt by the likes of a feckless girlfriend.

If your wrong, keep it to yourself! Best of luck!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Well, if that's what it is, I wish you peace. Hate isn't good for your health. Healing vibes.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    butterfly17butterfly17 Posts: 22 New Member
    > @Nushnushganay said:
    > Well, if that's what it is, I wish you peace. Hate isn't good for your health. Healing vibes.

I know...

I shouldn't have to be doing this :/

I don't want too :/
  • Options
    you know, there's no shame in talking to a therapist. I've been on the waiting list for one for months, and it stinks to have someone say "maybe you should get help" but everyone needs help right about now. That's why all the therapists have waiting lists. If it helps to know this, I had an ex who died, and I was never able to resolve some serious badness between us before then, so I had to resolve it on my own, and sometimes, that's your only option: to resolve things from your end, for yourself and by yourself (or with some help, but without the other person who was part of the past relationship).

Hoping I'm not playing the fool saying this. But whatever you, I, or anyone has to do, to resolve their angst and anguish, in a productive way, that harms no one, is valid and worth pursuing. :)

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    > @Nushnushganay said:
    > you know, there's no shame in talking to a therapist. I've been on the waiting list for one for months, and it stinks to have someone say "maybe you should get help" but everyone needs help right about now. That's why all the therapists have waiting lists. If it helps to know this, I had an ex who died, and I was never able to resolve some serious badness between us before then, so I had to resolve it on my own, and sometimes, that's your only option: to resolve things from your end, for yourself and by yourself (or with some help, but without the other person who was part of the past relationship).
    >
    > Hoping I'm not playing the fool saying this. But whatever you, I, or anyone has to do, to resolve their angst and anguish, in a productive way, that harms no one, is valid and worth pursuing. :)

Ooo..I'm sorry about your ex...and yeah you're right. Sometimes we gotta resolve problems on our own.

It must suck waiting for a therapist :/

Talking to a therapist doesn't sound so bad :)
  • Options
    It's hard to take the plunge, but it's better than suffering, and just having someone to talk with about our burdens is so important. Hoping you have access to it, insurance or whatnot, and someone available. They've all been swamped with the amount of crisis going on since Covid.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Right.

I hope to have my own therapist one day lol

Covid been h/e/l/l/a crazy
  • Options
    I'll stop this isn't healthy. Thanks for talking to me. That's all I needed. :)