Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My game is acting glitchy after I purchased Snowy Escape

I bought Snowy Escape when it went on sale, I downloaded it through Origin, and when I went into the game to play with it, my game started acting weird. It pauses and sometimes my mouse cursor just disappears and comes back. I really can't play the game now that I have Snowy escape installed. I even went into my Origin game library and right-clicked on the sims 4 and hit repair but that didn't help it either. Is anyone else having this problem with their game being glitchy after installing Snowy Escape? Thanks for helping <3

Comments

• Options
    smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    I've not had any issues with the new pack as far as I am aware so unless other people have, maybe there is another issue like mods or CC if you have them installed. I only have MCCC and whenever I have a problem, I usually check to see if a new version has come out. Best of luck :)
  • Options
    SimQueen84SimQueen84 Posts: 3 New Member
    My game has been doing the same. It's become very laggy and freezes and my mouse cursors either disappears or becomes unresponsive
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited December 2020
    Are you playing on Mac? Did you update to the latest version? (Big Sur)

I have seen on Discord that some people on Mac, mainly Big Sur are having trouble with their game being unresponsive, they had to uninstall the game, uninstall origin, remove the sims4 folder from your user folder (make sure you do a backup) download origin (with a new install package and not using google chrome apparently) install origin and install the sims4 again and that's supposed to work.

That doesn't seem to have to do with Snowy Escape as far as I know but Big Sur was released kind of around the same time.

If you are playing on windows, make sure that your windows is updated, when the patch before snowy escape was released they released a .NET update that caused some problems. So that needs to be updated.
  • Options
    NetashiaNetashia Posts: 23 Member
    I installed Snowy Escape and the laundry stuff pack at the same time. After loading up the game again, none of my Sims appear. I see the plumbobs at floor level, but no visible Sims. I tried Resetsim, but nothing happened. I tried transporting Sims to see if that would magically make them reappear...nothing changed. Really not sure what to do at this point. It's impacting all of my Sims in the "universe", including if I enter CAS, not just my active family.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited January 2021
    got my set of new bugs after installing snowy but no nothing of this kind as of yet at least just some flying toddlers and such...
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free