Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2021 Pack Speculation

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I've noticed in the course of raising my last two Sim kids that "raise them for skills and abilities" is great for toddlers—there's a defined goal to get the kiddo up to level 5 in the major skills and 3 in Potty to earn a 25% boost to skill gain rate.

It's also great for Children; get them the four aspirations and you get more powerful skill boosts for adulthood.

But for Teens, once they finish Scouting (if they didn't as a child) and get up to an A grade for the career boosts, unless you're planning to send them to college and gunning for the full-ride scholarship, you can effectively skip that entire life stage and go directly to adulthood and move them out on their own. You can use the time to get them a couple of completed aspirations, but they're basically handcuffed versions of young adults.

I'd be willing to buy a stuff pack or even a Game Pack if it greatly fleshed out a sim's adolescence.

Or at least be able to shorten the lifespan... i wish there was a slider for lifespans...
  • Options
    I know this could just be a nod towards a glitch that sometimes happens with pets, but maybe werewolves?

TybnYct.png?1

Another hint!
  • Options
    Werewolves are coming this year. There are too many hints.
    The full moon will most problably be also related to romance. It would be too bad if they didn't get advantage of it... it also should improve witches powers and medium powers...
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    I'm fully behind everything on that list + the option of 'locking' your Sims when they're on a date. One stranger accosting us no matter where we go is bad enough, but seven? Let me decide if I want to include others on my Sims romantic getaway.

Then again, I wish I could do the same for at least some of my Sims when they're in a dedicated relationship. I'd sometimes like for my Sim who values his family, and wished to find that one true love, to not work his way through the single and married Sims of Sulani in front of his wife.

I'd also be overjoyed for any old fashioned stuff, specially for kitchen and bathroom, but the more, the better. A old-looking stone oven would be a perfect fit for my beach-living collective (so far, I've had to settle for grilling all my food on that barrel or using campfire and pits).

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    @sunman502 I've had that happen as well. My sim wanted to talk to everyone at the bar except his date. I'd cancel the chat and tell him to interact with his date, and the game would override my command. Now, if I want them to go on a "date," I just have them meetup somewhere like the Romance Festival or send them bowling (another function that I've only ever gotten to work once because one sim usually walks away in the middle of their 3 games). My sims won't even sit and watch a movie together. Any pack or patch we get in the near future needs to fix this problem. I like having autonomy on, but I don't like that sims cut actions short to do something random and stupid. Do they really need to go cook five meals in a row (and not eat any of it) instead of finishing what they were already doing? I certainly don't think they do. Haha.

Agreed (and also with your list). They really need to code dates so that two Sims only interact with each other. And if other Sims tried to join, maybe there could be a 'thank for ruining romantic moment' interaction or something. Or heck, they could even add an Ignore Others option to the actions menu.
    Agreed, they should code dating in Sims 4 in such a way.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2021
    I leave you with this.

A Romantic Getaway Gamepack?
    Simmer Erin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WMky2gPxE8&t=147s
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    If they are going to do a Romantic Getaway GP with all new batch of romantic songs in it. I know the perfect romantic song for that pack. Sentimental Lady by Bob Welch. That song is romantic in overdrive. :)
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    If they are going to do a Romantic Getaway GP with all new batch of romantic songs in it. I know the perfect romantic song for that pack. Sentimental Lady by Bob Welch. That song is romantic in overdrive. :)

It would need an R and B station too.
  • Options
    Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I leave you with this.

Simmer Erin

I would like a romantic pack because I love romance and I would like more options for my Sims. Could be a hint, could not.
    I also would love it, if the World Adventures references she mentioned were a hint for a World Adventures pack. :D
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    I leave you with this.

Simmer Erin

I don't think World Adventures and romance will be in the same pack - I guess I just hope they'll focus on those themes enough to fill an expansion pack each. But 'Romantic Getaway' was my guess for a romance pack title, because I'm guessing they'll combine it with crime/heists after all the thievery references they put in alongside some of the romance mentions in Snowy Escape, and then they can do a 'getaway driver' pun. Although I suppose that would also require cars. Hmm.

Although it is interesting, because I feel like they'll also been making France/French references a lot lately, and France would obviously be a good fit for a romance world, and I forgot that France was also a location in World Adventures (I played a bit of Sims 1, then Makin' Magic, then skipped all the way to Sims 4, my Sims history ain't good.) So maybe an upcoming French romance pack is the start of a 'trilogy' recreating the World Adventure locations. I do think they were hinting at Egypt with the Horus statue in Paranormal, and think we'll get either an Egyptian vacation world or an African world that contains an Egyptian 'neighbourhood', and others like maybe Morocco and the Savannah - a bit like how Windenburg combines a lot of European styles in one.

And that survey the Youtuber mentions is the one containing the idea for a vacation world in the Chinese countryside, which is the third location in World Adventures. I would love that, because China's so beautiful, so I'm probably biased towards thinking it's possible - but I also do think it's a good bet because the Sims have that department/organisation they keep talking about that they can consult with for free on certain Eastern cultures and how to make things realistic for them. I forget the name of it, but I think they consulted with them on the Sulani pack, for Indonesian culture, and Japanese culture in Snowy Escape. So it makes sense they'd use that free resource again for another world, rather than pay to consult on a different one. But who knows? I do think the next pack will be a French romance pack, but I think there's a good shot at having all the locations from World Adventures come back eventually. I've done my own thread on the item descriptions and possible hints in Paranormal, and as I say in that, I think there might be hints for multiple future packs and ideas in those. But not necessarily the next upcoming packs - Laundry Day hinted at magic over a year before Realm of Magic was announced. But I guess we'll see! My hope now is that it is a French romance pack coming next, and they'll announce it on or around Valentine's Day, so we won't have too much longer to wait to see what they're doing next.
  • Options
    Also today I had my Sim ask the Future Cube about the future a number of times, and the first answer was 'the most popular destination to elope is not yet known', and all the following answers were 'the future is soon(tm)'. ?????????
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I just cannot wait to know what is the next pack about?!! I hope we get "leaks" or something T_T
  • Options
    DarcVader1DarcVader1 Posts: 65 Member
    I've been playing around with the future cube this morning. "I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against and udder'ly impressive foe." side by side? sure. spaced out? yup stack'em up? Hmmm...." Maybe bunk beds and a farm or medieval type GP/EP?
  • Options
    DarcVader1 wrote: »
    I've been playing around with the future cube this morning. "I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against and udder'ly impressive foe." side by side? sure. spaced out? yup stack'em up? Hmmm...." Maybe bunk beds and a farm or medieval type GP/EP?

Those messages have been there for a while. The gnome one turned out to be a reference to the Spark'd show, and the trophy for winning I think? And the 'stack em up' turned out to be stackable windows in-game, I think.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    I just spent a few hours reading object descriptions and looking for clues in images/clothes. Notwithstanding what players ask for, here's what there seems to be clues for at this time:

1. Romance (this was by far the biggest theme hinted in SE & PS).
    2. Hotels (SE Bellhop references)
    3. Music (punch bowls and grand pianos in one object description)
    4. Schools (uniforms in SE)
    5. Animals (panda, dogs, bunnies, hinted on clothes in the last few packs, plus a safari like outfit from EL)
    6. Scottish Highlands? (Photo on wall from PS)
    7. Moon cycles (Photo on wall from PS plus Hawk/Falcon description from PS)
  • Options
    I just spent a few hours reading object descriptions and looking for clues in images/clothes. Notwithstanding what players ask for, here's what there seems to be clues for at this time:

5. Animals (panda, dogs, bunnies, hinted on clothes in the last few packs, plus a safari like outfit from EL)

I'm hoping it's a Romantic Getaway. There was the cube hint about sims getting married in any location if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I know this could just be a nod towards a glitch that sometimes happens with pets, but maybe werewolves?
    TybnYct.png?1

I've noticed Werewolf references aswell, heard howling in my game yesterday and my sims were watching Sims 3 werewolves on the TV.

I'm also speculating that Generations will be out as an EP this summer, it seems likely that they're trying to pick things up after the reaction to packs last year and it's also 10 years since it came out in 3 in May. Possibly an announcement then for a June release?
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member

I'm hoping it's a Romantic Getaway. There was the cube hint about sims getting married in any location if I remember correctly.

Wasn't that a reference to the update that came last September which allowed sims to get married in any location? (before they couldn't get married in vacation worlds)