Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unlimited Sims Game Option - Is It Laggy?

Hi all,

Just got a new gaming laptop running a 10th Gen i7 and GTX 1650. Have all content and was wondering if this machine would run The Sims 4 well enough with the "Unlimited Sims" gameplay option instead of the 200 limit. Will this fill in more lots with Sims too?

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2020
    It means that the limit of Sims with NPCs and Sims on all lots is unlimited, but limit on each lot is still only 20 without the help of mods. It is a bit more laggy the more Sims you add to lots because more Sims means more memory.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I play with unlimited sims checked, and I have had no issues at all. I suggest you just try for yourself and see if you have lag issues when playing, if you do, then you know that you need to keep it set to 200, if you don't then have a field day!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    I used to have a limit (200?), then I had to surpass that limit when adding cats and dogs. I intended to go back to 200 by time, but with more worlds added I had to simply ignore the sims count... I probably have 350 now - on a low-end computer, and I don't notice much of a difference.

In fact, this game has surprisingly little lag. I never care about fps, but it feels okay even on a low end with many packs and also a huge number of files in my mods folder. I found that what will cause lag eventually, is filling my hard drive. The game obviously runs better when there is about 4GB free driver space. So, my best investment is to delete or move to USB pins, say screenshots and other stuff on my computer that I don't really need. Upping the sims count had little to no impact in my case.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg