Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 with Seasons and Pets installed

As of now, I only have The Sims 3 base game with Seasons EP and Pets EP installed, and I feel like it's a mini version of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

I have the Young Adult life stage, and I can use this life stage as a time for learning and finding oneself. The University Life EP will greatly expand on this feature, I'm sure.

Sims can date and go on outings on community lots. There is no nightlife in my game, because I don't have the Late Night EP. So, once it's really dark and late at night, Sims will just go rest at home.

Open For Business EP allows Sims to own businesses, and The Sims 3 has the option to own and invest in properties and receive passive income from the capital investments.

I have Seasons EP and Pets EP, and they expand the game in so many ways! Sims now have seasons and weather and festivals. In the Sims 2, the seasons come and go, but you have to use your imagination a lot of holidays and festivals. The Sims 3 Pets adds so many new animals - horses, deer, little critters in the world.

The Sims 3 has beaches, which is featured in The Sims 2 Bon Voyage.

The Sims 3 has quite a bit of recreational and hobby activities, just like in The Sims 2 FreeTime EP. Novel writing has had a major overhaul, so Sims can become professional writers, earning royalties in regular payments. Sims can also paint and play the guitar professionally. Sims can also do fishing and gardening, making a living out of that.

The Sims 3 has the ability to lock doors for select Sims and assign beds, so that's kind of like The Sims 2 Apartment Life EP, in which Sims can have their own individual apartments on a given lot. The only difference is that Apartments from Apartment Life EP are actually separate lots layered on top of each other, so they will be treated as different homes, but The Sims 3 treats everything on the same lot with different assignments, so if a Sim has made Goopy Carbonara in one home, then another Sim can access it through the refrigerator in another home on the same lot.