Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DLC Question

Sul sul, simmers!! I wanna ask, I only have base game, and my friend has all dlc.. I cant currently work and buy my own packs, so from time to time, I play the game with her origin ID and create builds. However I want to install the builds in my tray folder, (mind you, I dont wanna place the lots in my game, since the packs I used in her game will be replaced by base game items in my game) I just want to copy the tray files from her Sims 4 tray folder, paste it in my tray, find them in my gallery and upload them with my origin ID.. Can I do that?? Will it work for other simmers? For example, lets say I only use items from Get Together expansion pack...will another simmer who has that pack be able to download it and place it and play it normally?
Thank you in advance :blush:

Comments

• Options
    Momma_Bear0705Momma_Bear0705 Posts: 28 Member
    My origin ID is the same as it is in the forum :blush:
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    You can't upload lots built by other players (gallery IDs) without changing them. There will be no button for it.
  • Options
    @somewhsome No no, I am the one building them :smiley:
    I just asked if I can take the lot from her tray folder, paste it in mine, find it in my gallery and upload it with my gallery ID :smiley:

• Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    @somewhsome No no, I am the one building them :smiley:
    I just asked if I can take the lot from her tray folder, paste it in mine, find it in my gallery and upload it with my gallery ID :smiley:

Yes I know. But you were building them from her account, meaning it will have her ID. You can try, but you will see there will be no button for uploading at all, game will consider the build as a downloaded lot.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited December 2020
    I have never done that, but the files in the Tray folder can be copied and pasted into another user folder, so you could try that.

Go into your friend's user folder, open the Tray folder, copy the files of your build/s (if you sort them on Last Changed, the one last saved to library will be on the top; make sure you get all the files, there are different amounts of them depending on floors and such), save them to a USB or something, make an account of your own (if you have the game, otherwise I don't think that will work), and paste them into the Tray folder of your newly created user folder.

Allt the items from the DLC you do not have will likely not be there, but the upload will be from your account.

Start the save and upload from there. Let me now if I misunderstand/you need more info.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2021
    I have never done that, but the files in the Tray folder can be copied and pasted into another user folder, so you could try that.

Go into your friend's user folder, open the Tray folder, copy the files of your build/s (if you sort them on Last Changed, the one last saved to library will be on the top; make sure you get all the files, there are different amounts of them depending on floors and such), save them to a USB or something, make an account of your own (if you have the game, otherwise I don't think that will work), and paste them into the Tray folder of your newly created user folder.

Allt the items from the DLC you do not have will likely not be there, but the upload will be from your account.

Start the save and upload from there. Let me now if I misunderstand/you need more info.

I believe you are correct as the person not having the DLC whether uploading or DLing (if allowed) may find an replacement for the original items that is not their own under their own Origin ID.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Thank you guys so so much