Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have another question

2.png

Sorry but I have no idea how to pronounce his name? Rubisel Ichtaca doesn't look like English name. Usually how do you call his name? :)

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2020
    I'm pretty sure Rubisel is a real name, probably of Hispanic/Latin American origin. Or at least that sounds somewhat reasonable.

Roo-bih-sehl Itch-tah-kah?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited December 2020
    Here's some info from Sims Wiki

If The Sims 3: Late Night is installed, he will also be a 1-star celebrity.

The reference to the mermaid in his bio, his household name "The Prince", and his being friends with Ariel Walsh but more interested Linda, imply that he is based on the Prince from the Little Mermaid story. In the original story, the Prince marries another leading to the mermaid's death, though how the Sim's story ends is of course up to the player.

Not sure where the little mermaid took place.

https://www.howtopronounce.com/rubisel
    And here's how his name sounds at least his first name.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited December 2020
    igazor wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Rubisel is a real name, probably of Hispanic/Latin American origin. Or at least that sounds somewhat reasonable.

Hispanic/Latin, you hit it dead on target, @igazor. Did a google search for the name, Rubisel Ichtaca comes up and so does a
    Rubisel Hernandez (in real life)

There's also another one...too but we'll just leave that one alone.

Ichtaca is of Aztec origin and closer to the Southern Mexico region where the Aztec Empire was prevalent during the 14th to 16th Centuries.

So with this last name, I'm sure that Rubisel is supposedly has Aztec ancestors on earth before they landed on the planet where SimNation is. :p
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    igazor wrote: »

I thought Rubisel could be Roo-bih-zel and the rest one is the same what I expected. :)

@GraceyManor
    Yeah I know his background story. :) He is one of my favorite sims from his story. But I usually, let him leave as a friend with Linda as she has already husband and a teenage daughter. Linda has a unborn baby with Rubisel and the baby always looks more like her dad than her mother.

@Nikkei_Simmer
    Ohh...Aztec Empire..!! I'm really more interested in him now :D I can play switching Medina and The Prince together.Thanks for the info.