Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion Improvement (EP only) - April 2020 Survey

SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
As you remember we could vote for the existing expansions improvements on April. I am curious which Expansion Pack you choosed and why. If you chose more expansion pack, please vote for your first choice.
Post edited by Sthenastia on

Expansion Improvement (EP only) - April 2020 Survey 102 votes

Get To Work
50%
Akl500Pauroraael14CK213HowGreatThouArtfreindlylolalejandro15039luthienrisingfruitsbasket101pajamajam07KironidesimmietimePlumbobCrossingTreebrookemordarlarmotdkbixterstexxx78QueenMercyInternal_ChaosLiELF 51 votes
Get Together
0%
EnkiSchmidt 1 vote
City Living
6%
GoldmoldarMstybl95silvercandy79LizzychicagoLustianiciataydevChazzzy 7 votes
Cats & Dogs
7%
ncisGibbs02LizziguinDarkLady2788Cary1213jak135DoloresGreylogionlexibee 8 votes
Seasons
2%
MissBissfallenangel66ElizaG2016 3 votes
Get Famous
4%
PinkSugar81DeKayAdmiral8QSthenastiaVeeDub 5 votes
Island Living
24%
Icewolfalan650111aelias24YautjagirlKennziKaigexXPandoraXxBabykittyjadeZeldaboy180LadyKynGracieO312annaliese39BatmanFanGirlSummerStreakOnverserEvaliynVentusMattmustenicalipossfilipomelAtreya33 25 votes
Discover University
1%
birdonawireNate_Whiplash1 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    Oof I don't remember every pack I chose but I DO know one of the ones I picked was Cats & Dogs. I want those beaches to have swimmable oceans! Plus that pack was a pretty big disappointment for only including, well.. cats and dogs.. I miss racoons getting into my garbage cans, and also just all the little critters you could have in TS2 and TS3. Still holding out for horses......

I think I might've also chose Island Living since I would REALLY like the mermaids to get a power leveling system like the vampires and spellcasters have. Also I would like scuba diving not to just be a rabbit hole. My mermaids need an underwater lot! I wish that explorable cave led to a hidden lot as well like the other worlds have, that was a disappointment...
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Get To Work
    I like Get To Work, but it could use some enhancements.
    -The hospital simulation.
    I would like to see the other hospital staff actually performing their roles while my sims is performing his/hers.

-Hospital visits and general health.
    I would like for my sim to visit the hospital for checkups and emergencies, so they can prevent disease or go there if their health takes a sudden turn. Also their lifestyle should influence their healthiness.

-Retail.
    I want NPCs to restock the store when my sims, who do not own the business, are out shopping for things they can use.
    It really kills immersion to have to go to the store owner, restock the store, and then go back to your sims so they have something available to buy.

-Aliens need an overhaul. I wish they were as much fun to play as vampires and spell casters.
    I know those are stand alone packs, but aliens could still be improved more.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited December 2020
    Get To Work
    I think I chose Get to Work, lol. Almost sure. And Realm of Magic too. I think Get to Work deserves to be updated with a retail overhaul or the addition of grocery stores, and Realm of Magic could use an overhaul too imo. Spell casting for children and more difficulty/challenge for spellcasters (slower XP gain) would be cool.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Get To Work
    I'm pretty sure I chose Get To Work because I knew everyone was going to pick Island Living, lol.

For me, it was about Occults. I like the Mermaids the way they are, I don't think they really need the Vampire treatment because the lore isn't as expansive. But Aliens could be so much more. Of course, since then we've gotten Journey to Batuu so that kind of helps fill the gap, except there's no extra powers of The Force so that's a bummer.

If I were to choose now though, I'd probably say either Island Living to expand underwater and the cave gameplay or Cats and Dogs to include small pets and other breeds like wolves (to prepare for Werewolves).

For Game Packs I chose Realm of Magic because magic has so much more potential. But I also wouldn't mind expanding Batuu to include playable Jedi and Sith and Force powers.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited December 2020
    Get To Work
    I chose GTW because it was the only one I had, and still is, at the time. The retail part of that pack needs some serious work and the other careers are still experiencing bugs that were supposed to have been fixed awhile ago. Still my choice because as I said still the only pack I own. I can't bring myself to move on to the next one until this one is fixed.

Edit: Also aliens could use some work as well.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    GuillaumeSnowGuillaumeSnow Posts: 87 Member
    Get To Work
    Get To Work needs a revamped retail, better aliens would be nice too, Seasons is a very complete EP but hail and snow depth would be appreciated.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    not much enough pet beds nor toys. children cant walk dogs and we can only take one dog for a walk at one time
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Island Living
    I think I voted for Island Living as I really wanted a hotel venue. Now we have rented lots I'm a lot happier, but I still think underwater gameplay would be a nice addition, particularly for mermaids.

I think I also voted for Cats & Dogs. It's one of my favourite packs, but I wish we had actual animal related careers (e.g. dog walker, groomer), pet careers (e.g. rescue, film star), small pets (e.g. birds, rabbits), and more pet beds and other items. I also want horses and werewolves, but I think they deserve their own packs.

Get To Work comes to mind too. I agree with those that would love to see aliens and the retail system improved on.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Island Living
    Island living. I felt the gameplay was lacking.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited December 2020
    I voted for Island Living because I love Sulani, I just wish there was more to do there. There are so many things that need improvements, because right now it's blatantly inferior to both Island Paradise, and Twikkii Island from Bon Voyage.

But right now, I want a Cats & Dogs update. I don't want to pay separately to get more small pets. Give me some birds and lizards. I also want a pet fish & frog overhaul, so we can feed them and bond with them.

EDIT: No wait, I think I chose Realm of Magic. It's a good pack, but fell far below its potential. And that's not even counting how the pack was neutered to be more appealing to realism players.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Island Living
    I chose island living, get to work and realm of magic.

Island living needs dive lots, whoever had the idea to make diving a rabbit hole...ugh.

Get to work to improve retail, open the hospital and improve aliens.

Realm of magic to add a few more spells and please give the visual effects a bit of love.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Get Together
    I was very excited for and got a lot of enjoyment out of the club system, but over the years I wished for more depth, especially when it comes to club rivalries and alliances. Negative interactions in the "Do" list occur not nearly often enough, what made gang wars look silly for the most part in my saves. I also wish sims would remember their allegiances when not in club outing mode, so that when Paragons and Renegades met, both not in the active household, they'd harass each other.
    And lastly I'd love to set club outfits to "this jacket/wristband/hat, but on top of whatever your everyday wear is" (would conflict with sims who wear full body outfits, sadly).
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited December 2020
    I have no idea which ones I voted for. I have a bad memory. If I had to choose now though I would pick...

Island Living or Discover University.

Island living lacks in game play and mermaids are a huge disappointment. The world is stunning though and currently one of my favourites.

Discover University has game play but it's boring and repetitive. The homework takes up way to much time and I had to download a mod to cut it down by 50% just so my sim could have a social life. The on campus activities are boring and don't feel at all engaging. Foxbury is a complete nightmare to navigate because the camera bounces around all over the place and don't even get me started on how badly bikes function in this game. I won't even allow my sims to own one until they fix it so they can't be used indoors.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Get To Work
    I just left a post in the grocery store thread about what I'd like to see for grocery style retail. I still think that could work if paired with a backyard farming concept that let you own chickens, maybe a cow or goat and make preserves.

Anyway, besides that, I would like a sequel to GtW, that has more active careers and lets me own more types of community lots and has the hairdresser option that I miss from Sims 2 OfB. No new retail options, just options to own entertainment or service venues with a different mechanic than retail so you're not duplicating what GTW has and you don't have to own both for the new one to work.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Island Living
    Pretty sure I picked Island Living, mainly because I like the world and want it to be less lacklustre
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I have no idea. XD Seriously, how do most of you remember?

I want to say Get To Work (improved aliens? Improved health system?), City Living (build your own apartments?) or Get Famous (more lots in Del Smol Valley?), but now that I’ve read what @Sharonia said about Discover University, I think I’d probably vote for that too if I had a chance.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited December 2020
    Get To Work
    I don't really remember what i ended up choosing in the end but I do feel that Get to Work is in biggest need of update

for aliens & sixam
    and better job task
    and more jobs
    and better retail stuff..shop stands..
    actual burglars
    or ability for your sims to get arrested or visit hospital and police minus working there

etc

(also i really wish using science stuff was not locked behind the career cause idk sometimes the scientist is retired and does weird experiments in secret...)

closely followed by other eps on this list
    but i feel that for c&d, gt its mostly the lack of open water in the worlds

for IL specific its the hammock that got taken from game files, no surfing, no hula not enough lots for the village on land (especially wish the building behind the center was actual lot to edit)
    aaand yeah more mermaid funs would not hurt...(also would like to drop sims in lava for sacrifice but i get ea doesn't really vibe with that : ( at least some fun ritual of other kind?)

for IL and GT
    lack of couple and group activity
    (no coupledancing) (no group boating or couple boating or group/couple floaties)

City Living
    no building apartments
    or at least ability to somehow divide apartments and edit the hallways or put down preset apartments in other worlds
    also controlling festivals be sweet

Seasons
    again no couple skating
    (can you tell im obsessed with couple activities)
    and also no skating on bonds or lakes

University: idk even. i guess id like if i could direct my sims to class easier and the lunch lady would stop screaming and maybe itd be nice if other sims living in dorm did not continuously play violin

Get Famous: I wish some of the props were separate from the wall things like for example the perfect saloon signs on the saloon set or the cute saddle stands or whatever saloon doors... (*cough* yes i was trying to build saloon the other day)
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Get Famous
    I agree that Get to Work needs some changes, but it was my second choice. I voted for Get Famous on April because this was probably first expansion with major gaps.

- Del Sol Valley is too small (Strangerville has similar size) more lots are dramatically needed
    - In buy mode we have a huge decorations instead of standard furnitures
    - The world is full of fake textures in the middle of neighborhoods
    - Every visit in studio is the same. NPC should have more activities
    - I miss psycho fans from The Sims 1
    - No events for celebrities
    - Why security has no possibility to chase away our fans?
    - In this expansion we should have the possibility to singing skill but EA should add another songs than in City Living.
    - It is too easy to know high tier celebrity by another sims
    - This expansion has only just one carieer when Get to Work has three!
    - Lots sizes in Mirage park do not match to the neighborhood and are too expensive to be a starters.
    - and some smaller sins
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,124 Member
    Discover University
    I've always thought Discover University was horrible, because it's essentially a rabbit hole pack. What's the point of sending your student (or teacher) to university if you can't come with them?
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Get To Work
    Other people have explained this already. Also fix alien faces, they change too much when sims age up.

I’d have chosen Cats & Dogs, but not being able to control pets was a choice that they’re definitely sticking with.

City Living could definitely use a singing career. Maybe one branch for one with the piano skill and one with fitness?

I wish we could disable the serum mailings from Get Famous because I never use them and they’re literally worthless.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I think I ended up voting for Realm of Magic. I was hoping for a world the size of Strangerville and smaller cauldrons.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Island Living
    Pretty sure I voted for Island Living and Outdoor Retreat. GTW could use some work too, but I don't feel passionate about it.
  • Options
    TreebrookeTreebrooke Posts: 80 Member
    edited December 2020
    Get To Work
    Get to Work. It was the weakest one for sure, it needs to be closer to Open for Business and less erm...well...lame. I shouldn't need to have mods to run a business out of my home, hire family members, or go grocery shopping. It really makes it hard to have an economy set up. For instance in TS2 I was able to have my farmers and fishermen set up roadside stands and tend them after a harvest. Then neighbors would all buy food from them, I could have potters, tailors, smiths, etc who all had a business connected to their homes. I could create entire economies in small villages where no one worked outside the home and everyone relied on each other (there still needed to be some gardening just in case a sim didn't visit a farmer this year). Admittedly, I have a serious issue with turning my games into long running projects and calling it "Fun" but I really miss not needing mods to create my interdependent sim villages (or at least only needing one or two).

A close second would be cats and dogs. Just because the cats and dogs should have been given their own bar (like with ts2 and 3) to be in because the mods that let you have more than 8 mess too much with CAS for me. They also should be controllable.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Island Living
    Island Living. I still cannot see the big Gameplay feature aside from the world and swimming in the ocean which are not game play enough for me
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Get To Work
    I have no idea what I voted for back then. Today I think it would be fun to have more active careers, so I'm choosing Get to Work.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: