Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims sitting on the floor to eat

My Sim refuses to sit at tables to eat even when told. They take the food and kneel on the floor and eat like they're toddlers. He's a teenager. It's bad enough when they all do this to do their homework but do they have to eat on the floor too? Even toddlers will find a chair to sit in when eating.
Is this a bug?

No, I don't have Snowy Escape...yet.
Please help.
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Not sure if this is a bug, but sometimes they just prefer to sit on the floor instead of a chair. Maybe they are designed like this as sometimes sims just develop odd behaviors that are specific to them only, so I don't think it's a bug when this happens.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Hm, I never saw this in my game. Not even children ever sat on the floor to eat.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    It just randomly happened with my teen sim and when his young adult brother got home from work, he did it too. The only way I was able to get them to eat at the table was to have them take a serving which puts it into their inventory, direct them to the dining room, and click on eat.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Mine don't sit on the floor but they sure like to sit everywhere but at the table. Especially if the household is scattered around. Most times they opt to sit at desks, on the couch, on the beds, etc. I glare at the screen and take a deep breath every time. :D

It's annoying. Sims should be aware of the function of each piece of furniture.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I think I read somewhere that if you place the tablesettings on the tables they will use the table to eat, instead of eating randomly. You could try doing that.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sometimes my sims do this but not to often. I wonder if it’s to do with how the house is set out.
  • Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    I always thought that it has something to do with the comodity of the chair, for example. If you place a chair in a table with high comodity rating, your sim will always go to that chair to eat/do homework. Of course, due to so many bugs im not completely sure about this lol.

But yeah. My sims keep doing homework on the floor sometimes, placing books on the floor when they have a shiny table besides them, or even worst, when they have the bookshelf five meters away, they NEVER take dishes into the dishwasher, no matter if they are happy, or any other state, they keep starting meals and stop to do anything else, just because, they keep drinking water all the time (really this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off so much), etc, etc. I guess we need to get use to all of this. I know im almost there lol, since more than two years enduring all this.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    My sims keep standing in place holding their plate to eat. It's driving me bonkers! They need to fix this. JUST EAT AT THE DANG TABLE!