Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eriu Fe

This may be a somewhat dumb question- but I just downloaded Eriu Fe (the custom world) and moved my sim family there. But my question is how do I go about adding more career opportunities such as the education career or hospital career and so forth? Do I need a mod for it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,435 Member
    It looks, from reading up on Eriu Fe, as though it should have the rabbit holes for education and medical careers, which is all you should need for those careers to work. The info says all game expansions are needed, so I'm wondering if possibly you are lacking something they used and the game didn't replace it/them with another available rabbit hole? There should be some incomplete looking lot(s) around if the creator placed a rabbit hole but it isn't showing up in your game. In that case, you can simply place another rabbit hole (like a school or hospital if those are lacking) that is available to you in your game that fits the space that was allocated. Or, if space is in short supply, you could instead include a cc rabbit hole rug (or door or similar) somewhere that makes sense to you (like, I might put a school rabbit hole rug in a library - but whatever works for your sense of organization and is available in the world).
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    kkanne31kkanne31 Posts: 66 Member
    suzses wrote: »
    It looks, from reading up on Eriu Fe, as though it should have the rabbit holes for education and medical careers, which is all you should need for those careers to work. The info says all game expansions are needed, so I'm wondering if possibly you are lacking something they used and the game didn't replace it/them with another available rabbit hole? There should be some incomplete looking lot(s) around if the creator placed a rabbit hole but it isn't showing up in your game. In that case, you can simply place another rabbit hole (like a school or hospital if those are lacking) that is available to you in your game that fits the space that was allocated. Or, if space is in short supply, you could instead include a cc rabbit hole rug (or door or similar) somewhere that makes sense to you (like, I might put a school rabbit hole rug in a library - but whatever works for your sense of organization and is available in the world).

Hmm so would this work the same as a regular career in one of the base words or do I need to go into the buildings for the rabbit hole and get a job from there? (I have all the packs and expansions)! Thanks!
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,435 Member
    kkanne31 wrote: »
    Hmm so would this work the same as a regular career in one of the base words or do I need to go into the buildings for the rabbit hole and get a job from there? (I have all the packs and expansions)! Thanks!

It "should" work the same, although I tend to go to the buildings to take a job anyway, so haven't really tested. Here's some info over at nraas about what's available: https://www.nraas.net/community/Building .

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread