Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS showing Batuu content required when JtB is not used-- at all!

So I made some saves today in CAS, and apparently it shows that I'm using Journey to Batuu assets when I am NOT. I have filtered my items to show ONLY base game and Island Living, but when I saved them (yes, on multiple saves) they show that I have used Journey to Batuu. I clicked on which items I was using, and none of those items are on my sim. Is this another way for EA to trick people to buy the pack? I mean, I know that game pack didn't sell well, but this is getting ridiculous. Anyone else having this concern?

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Do you mean it saved to the gallery and shows that JtB was used in your creations?

Does it show all of the packs you have installed and that's why? Regardless of if you actually used items from that pack?

I'm pretty sure I've seen some posts from people stating their gallery upload was tagged as having CC when the only thing they had installed was MCCC (which is a mod and not CC and wouldn't be attached to the sim that was uploaded). Maybe it's the same thing?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    It shows JtB when I save my sims to the gallery as well, even if I'm not using it. It's probably a bug.

I always disable unnecessary packs that show up if I want to upload my sims to the gallery...
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    After you save your sim to your library, you can click on the pack icon. then you can see all content in the pack and switch to items from this pack used in your creation. That way you might find the culprit.

Just a thought, has this Sim been to Batuu? Perhaps this sim has a batuu outfit which triggers batuu as being tagged? I haven't saved any sims since installing the pack.
  • Options
    estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    After you save your sim to your library, you can click on the pack icon. then you can see all content in the pack and switch to items from this pack used in your creation. That way you might find the culprit.

Just a thought, has this Sim been to Batuu? Perhaps this sim has a batuu outfit which triggers batuu as being tagged? I haven't saved any sims since installing the pack.

That's exactly what I did. But I am NOT using any of those assets on any of the outfit categories I have on.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    logion wrote: »
    It shows JtB when I save my sims to the gallery as well, even if I'm not using it. It's probably a bug.

I always disable unnecessary packs that show up if I want to upload my sims to the gallery...

Is it though? lol

I just find it weird that it always related to JtB, first Origin Store and now this.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Conspiracy theory--they're doing this on purpose to try to increase sales of the pack. I feel EA/Maxis knows it's a disaster and commercial failure.