Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco lifestyle : turn off NAP. Does it work?

I have am thinking about getting eco lifestyle but I plan to turn off the NAPs in my game because I dislike the random behaviour on npc sims.

Does the option to turn off the NAPs work as intended. If I am informed correctly I can only disable npc voting, not nap themselves. Will I be able to avoid NAP?

Is the pack worth getting without playing NAP. I like the idea of creating furniture with the fabrication skill and creating candles. I think I might also like the world because it looks quite different from all the other pretty, clean worlds. But I am not sure if that is enough to make the pack worth buying.

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    Turning the NAPs off works just fine, there will be no random NAPs chosen for your neighbourhoods. You will get notifications on mondays that a NAP was chosen, but if you check it wasn't. What I'd recommend is try some of the nicer NAPs so that only your sim votes - yes they get to dictate which NAP wins on their own if you have voting disabled. I was originally super keen on trying the NAPs and giving each neighbourhood a different feeling. My excitement has died down though as most of the NAPs just aren't well done. There are still some that I like, especially those that add a bit of challenge by shutting off power/water and no weird behaviour.

The item gameplay in the pack (fizzy juice, fabrication and candles) is nice in my opinion. I also like the eco items although I haven't seen any environment changes yet. Not purposefully aimed for them either, but I feel they can be hard to trigger. The community lot voting really interests me, but I haven't gone through the voting process yet. It's cool how you can save different versions of the same lot. I suppose with NPC voting disabled my sims will just decide which one wins.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I wasn’t able to turn off the NAPs in my game. I had to install a mod and go into every single neighborhood in every single world and select one NAP that I found the least annoying. I think I am still having some residual effects even after all that.

With that said, though, I still love the pack.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    With NPC voting turned off, you will only get NAPs if you choose to have your sims vote them in. You might get announcements that a NAP has passed, but they are false.

Because I play in rotation and my sims all live in different worlds and have different objectives I haven't played enough of the pack's features to say if it is really worth it or not. I have been having fun using Community spaces in different ways in different neighborhoods, and I like the off the grid features. I have so far only dabbled in making juice or candles, so hard to comment there. Some of the CAS and BB is nice. I'll be able to say more when I've had time to do more environmental gameplay
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I am getting annoyed with NAPS especially when they claim my sim is using to much water and they get fined. I don’t know how to make the water go less when he is in University and has 3 roommates. Or that the house they are using was going up in price because it wasn’t Eco Friendly enough. I can’t change the lot and add whatever I want to it. :joy:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    edited November 2020
    Thank you all for your info. I think I might give the pack a try. Even with mixed reactions, I still think there are enough things in there to interest me.

@Daephene thanks for pointing out the off the grid features. I like playing off the grid so more options for off the grid are very interesting to my play style.

@Rouensims what mod are you using to disable nap? So I know where to look if things go wrong.
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I am getting annoyed with NAPS especially when they claim my sim is using to much water and they get fined. I don’t know how to make the water go less when he is in University and has 3 roommates. Or that the house they are using was going up in price because it wasn’t Eco Friendly enough. I can’t change the lot and add whatever I want to it. :joy:

I'd like to know how to approach this too.
    For some of my households it's fine to level up handiness and upgrade their items so they use less water/energy. But for others, it's not something I can or want to spend time on.

I thought there would be a button, like for lifestyles, to turn off the Ecoprint for the whole game. Because as it is now, I can see this becoming really annoying.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited November 2020
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Thank you all for your info. I think I might give the pack a try. Even with mixed reactions, I still think there are enough things in there to interest me.

@Daephene thanks for pointing out the off the grid features. I like playing off the grid so more options for off the grid are very interesting to my play style.

@Rouensims what mod are you using to disable nap? So I know where to look if things go wrong.

@Atreya33 This one:
    https://simvasion.com/eco-lifestyle-interactions-fixes/
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited November 2020
    I uninstalled it. (uninstalled the entire game and reinstalled without Eco Lifestyle)
    The only thing I miss it a nice twin tails hair style. :D
    I shouldn't have bought it. The NAPs seemed like a cool feature but I really hated the kinds of NAPs EA created.

The other features, eh, less things for my game to process after uninstalling it all.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    @CK213 sounds like a real pain to uninstall everything for just one pack. It is messages like these that make me doubt to get this pack. Just out of curiosity, did you try to disable NAPs before giving up on the pack entirely?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    @CK213 sounds like a real pain to uninstall everything for just one pack. It is messages like these that make me doubt to get this pack. Just out of curiosity, did you try to disable NAPs before giving up on the pack entirely?

Yeah, I disabled the NAPs, went through all my neighborhoods to set them to something I could tolerate.
    However, I believe I left the tech oriented NAP on for my University world. If not that one, than something else that spawned Future cubes in my sim's inventories. A ridiculous amount of them that gave them about 90,000 simoleons for getting rid of them. I probably should of recycled them, if that's possible.

With what was going on with other issues like odd routing and ignoring nearby sinks to go upstairs to watch dishes, I was fed up with The Sims 4 altogether and Rage Uninstalled it. >:)

I said the only thing that would make me install it again is if they improved traits and socialization.
    A week later they announced Snowy Escape, Lifestyles, and Sentiments. :p

So here I am, back again, only without Eco Lifestyle.
    I haven't bought Snowy Escape yet. I am just playing my game to see how I like the new features from the patch and playing without Eco Lifestyle. It has been enjoyable so far, although Uni is a bit boring in general. I do like the sentiments though.

I would only get this pack if it had something extremely valuable to me despite some of the silly NAPs.
    For myself, I did not like the world. It felt too isolated with all the fake homes so close by.
    I really don't need the eco living game play and environmental effects. The crafting was okay, but I don't need that either.
    The juice drinks don't even compare to TS3's nectar making. The only thing I valued from this pack was the community spaces, but that's not enough to be bothered with the rest of it. It's a waste of CPU time for me.
  • Options
    OK. Thanks for elaborating. If I should get it, I will have to be careful with the NAPs that spawn so many items in inventories.
    I kinda like a world that is not so clean as the others but the fake houses are a downside to the world.
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »

Yeah, I disabled the NAPs, went through all my neighborhoods to set them to something I could tolerate.
    However, I believe I left the tech oriented NAP on for my University world. If not that one, than something else that spawned Future cubes in my sim's inventories. A ridiculous amount of them that gave them about 90,000 simoleons for getting rid of them. I probably should of recycled them, if that's possible.

With what was going on with other issues like odd routing and ignoring nearby sinks to go upstairs to watch dishes, I was fed up with The Sims 4 altogether and Rage Uninstalled it. >:)

I said the only thing that would make me install it again is if they improved traits and socialization.

I haven't bought Snowy Escape yet. I am just playing my game to see how I like the new features from the patch and playing without Eco Lifestyle. It has been enjoyable so far, although Uni is a bit boring in general. I do like the sentiments though.

I would only get this pack if it had something extremely valuable to me despite some of the silly NAPs.
    For myself, I did not like the world. It felt too isolated with all the fake homes so close by.
    I really don't need the eco living game play and environmental effects. The crafting was okay, but I don't need that either.
    The juice drinks don't even compare to TS3's nectar making. The only thing I valued from this pack was the community spaces, but that's not enough to be bothered with the rest of it. It's a waste of CPU time for me.
    Wait how do you disable them they are getting annoying like I said if you are in University and get fined for using to much water when there are 3 other roommates that's impossible to correct. Or when the NAPS people come over and say they are charging more rent because your house isn't Eco Friendly enough. That wouldn't be a problem but I can't change anything on a campus housing to improve that.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

Wait how do you disable them they are getting annoying like I said if you are in University and get fined for using to much water when there are 3 other roommates that's impossible to correct. Or when the NAPS people come over and say they are charging more rent because your house isn't Eco Friendly enough. That wouldn't be a problem but I can't change anything on a campus housing to improve that.

My sims were living in a dorm, so I guess I just never experienced that.
    Then again, I didn't play for long because I was sick of all it and just uninstalled everything. :D
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I made a test save for NAPs and I only got through one week before scraping the save file. I have sims living in every single neighbourhood in the game and to my understanding with NPC voting on each neighbourhood would have a NAP automatically get enacted in that particular neighbourhood.

Neighbourhoods can have up to 4 NAPs going at a time. I'm not prepared to struggle through random NAPs every time I travel with my sims. If that bug that caused NAPs to stick to a sim regardless of where they go still occured my game would have been an actual nightmare. Plus I use a mod to tone down NAPs.

For now I'm content with voting in a NAP when I want to check it out and repealing before I switch houses.

NAPs sound great but oh my goodness the execution is horrendous.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I have them disabled in my game but I don't think the toggle button works anymore after the Snowy Escape EP/latest patch because they manifest anyway. I had to repeal them using the mailbox cheat in one neighbourhood.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member

Unfortunately, you can't make any changes to University Dorms while your sims are enrolled. You can only change the builds between terms.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @pepperjax1230 With cheats enabled, I believe you can shift-click on the mailbox to remove any NAPs that you don't like, and add ones that you do. And you can also go into game options and turn off NPC voting for NAPs, so no more will be enacted unless you have your sims vote for them.
  • Options
    Isharell wrote: »

Unfortunately, you can't make any changes to University Dorms while your sims are enrolled. You can only change the builds between terms.
    Yes so I don't understand why NAPS would even be present if you are in college when you can't change anything.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

Yes so I don't understand why NAPS would even be present if you are in college when you can't change anything.

I had set the NAPs before my sim went to Uni.
    I swear it was why I uninstalled the game. All those future cubes in their inventories was the final straw. :D
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    NAPs messages still appear after you disable NAPs. They're not active. If you've experience NAP bugs you have to start a new save or get a MOD. New saves will not have NAP bugs if NAP are disabled.
  • Options

I had set the NAPs before my sim went to Uni.
    I swear it was why I uninstalled the game. All those future cubes in their inventories was the final straw. :D
    :joy: Wait so your sim accumulated a bunch of future cubes?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    :joy: Wait so your sim accumulated a bunch of future cubes?

This is all the extra cash they had on hand after selling them all.
    I put it in the vault of the prep school. The school will now pay for all student vacations from now on.
    11_23_20_7_53_55_AM.png

The school administrator is very happy.