Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Slice of Life

Does anyone know which package file within the mod is responsible for the texts and calls? I literally get so many it’s become beyond annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    There are phone/text files within the drama system, party system, and interactive NPC system.. I would guess those cause most of the problem. It’s honestly why I don’t bother with the mod anymore, the new sentiments sort of replace what I was using it for.
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    edited November 2020
    I know how you feel! I really like this mod, so I wanted to keep it, but 4.7 was slamming me with calls - one after the other, and so many notifications... I got close to deleting all but a few system folders from it. lol

First make sure you're updated to 4.71.

"(The Sims 4)
    Slice of Life | Update 4.7.1

- Toned down texts/invites but you will have to wait for the wave of already scheduled to pass.
    - Fixed the "romantic interest" infinite loading invite. It turns out it was not a script issue after all."

But I was still getting more than I liked, so I took a few packages out to test...

Took out npc popup texts (interactive) from 'Interactive NPC system' - Popup texts (regular) from drama system - and Socal interactions from 'smaller systems'. I was getting basically nothing then, so in the end, I put both popup text files back into their respective folders, and I'm ok now. I don't know what the socal interactions package does exactly, but keeping that file out is doing better for me right now. (I still have it saved in case I want to try using it again though).

I guess you may need to do your own testing with the files in the folders kita5399 listed until you find something you like.

Also keep in mind I don't use these:

Juice system folder (I have a different mod)
    Goodbye notifications (Interactive NPC)
    Social Media Brands Folder (in phone system)
    Social Media Influencer (phone system)
    Random Hookups (Smaller systems)
    Pregnancy (Smaller systems) (as I have too many pregnancy mods already)
    Social Media Influencer script file from main folder

Those may provide more calls that I'm not used to getting? I don't know.
    But goodluck :)
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    edited November 2020
    My fave part of SOL is the personality system, but it is not showing up since I updated it.
    I have the relevant file in my mods folder, I'm sure, but I must be missing something.
    Nevermind, I found the problem.
    The package file named Smaller Systems contains essential content and I had overlooked it.
    Post edited by Susim62 on
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Wyrren wrote: »
    I know how you feel! I really like this mod, so I wanted to keep it, but 4.7 was slamming me with calls - one after the other, and so many notifications... I got close to deleting all but a few system folders from it. lol

First make sure you're updated to 4.71.

"(The Sims 4)
    Slice of Life | Update 4.7.1

- Toned down texts/invites but you will have to wait for the wave of already scheduled to pass.
    - Fixed the "romantic interest" infinite loading invite. It turns out it was not a script issue after all."

But I was still getting more than I liked, so I took a few packages out to test...

Took out npc popup texts (interactive) from 'Interactive NPC system' - Popup texts (regular) from drama system - and Socal interactions from 'smaller systems'. I was getting basically nothing then, so in the end, I put both popup text files back into their respective folders, and I'm ok now. I don't know what the socal interactions package does exactly, but keeping that file out is doing better for me right now. (I still have it saved in case I want to try using it again though).

I guess you may need to do your own testing with the files in the folders kita5399 listed until you find something you like.

Also keep in mind I don't use these:

Juice system folder (I have a different mod)
    Goodbye notifications (Interactive NPC)
    Social Media Brands Folder (in phone system)
    Social Media Influencer (phone system)
    Random Hookups (Smaller systems)
    Pregnancy (Smaller systems) (as I have too many pregnancy mods already)
    Social Media Influencer script file from main folder

Those may provide more calls that I'm not used to getting? I don't know.
    But goodluck :)

I have updated but I thank you. I did try and removed those ones you mentioned and things are way better now. In a household of 8 it was insane with the calls and pop ups. I love this mod just not that part of it!

Thanks again!