Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 Suggestion: Deco Slots, Footprints, and Wall Tool

Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
SLOTS:

Can we please go back to the way it was in all of the other The Sims games ..... only 1 deco slot size for every deco object, either an object snaps to a slot or it doesn't.

The way TS4 does slots is NOT good. Having 3 different slot sizes, may seem good in theory, but the execution is horrible.

Because there are things in the game, that are small enough to fit on shelves, yet they won't snap to the slot because the shelf slots are tagged to use ONLY small deco objects, and some of the objects are tagged with medium or large deco slots (even though the objects themselves are small enough to fit on a shelf or can be sized down to be small enough to fit on the shelf).

This is a huge pet peeve for me and I've seen other people complain about this as well, especially those who don't want to or can't use CC or do not know how to go in and change the slot type.

FOOTPRINTS:

Can we have smaller footprints on deco objects? For example a floor plant or floor lamp that sits in the center of a tile, has all of this wasted space around it so when you place it in the room without using the MOO cheat, it's a foot away from anything else, that's not realistic, people do not place decor spaced out like that.

Can we have 1/2 or 1/4 tile footprints for small items?

WALL TOOL:

I have ALWAYS wished for the ability to draw out my walls on a 1/2 tile grid (1/4 tile grid would be even better and I would be in heaven if that happened). It would be really awesome to be able to fully customize wall placement rather than being forced to keep everything uniform and 1x1 placement.

A 1/2 tile or 1/4 tile wall placement would enable us to create custom columns or bump outs that use wallpaper which would make the rooms be more interesting and architecturally unique. I know we can make 1x1 "columns" now but they are huge! They are the size of a chair or a counter, RL posts or columns are not that big.

With the ability to create walls on a 1/2 tile we'd have so much more creative freedom. We could easily create the illusion of built in fireplaces or shelves. As it is now, if you create bump out walls on either side of a fireplace, the fireplace is much further back than the walls and it destroys that built-in look.