Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wish they'd expand content post-release for packs and not abandon them.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited March 2021
    carpe_diem wrote: »
    I believe that one reason to the The sims franchise big success is that there are no competitors (yet). And why aren't there any? Is it because a big part of the players are women and women aren't real gamers? I don’t know. This is pure speculation from my side.
    Gender has nothing to do and isn't the reason why competition doesn't exist, and quite frankly closed minded of ppl to think it is. If it does, point to me a game studio/company care and look into who and how many play video games (boys or girls) when producing one? Regardless whether the statement a XX gen holder being true gamer is valid or not, shouldn't they look upon how the actual game instead you know, the playbase? With this kind of mindset in place, the The Sims should be questioned to even be a "real" game, since it's not a shooter/racing medium that typically appeals to male audience.

The norm who plays the game doesn't and shouldn't exist in 21st century, because literally everyone plays video games nowadays, not just woman. And that's kind of crazy of that we still believe there's a vast gender cap of who plays video games the most. Literally everyone.

I'd argue it's a complex simulation game that's out in the world, and companies/indies are intimated to tackle it.
    NNpYlHF.jpg