Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things that should've been in Snowy Escape

OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
edited November 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I like Snowy Escape as a pack, it's been a concept I've been wanting for a very long time but I just feel like there's a lot of missed opportunities with this pack and things that could've been better or could've been added. Some of these things not being included are just big missed opportunities which could've really improved the pack

- Being able to ice skate on frozen ponds

- Ice Fishing - We already have the ability to fish, just place a hole in the ice, it wouldn't be hard to add

- The train should actually be functional and take your sim to the mountains

- The empty buildings in the town centre area should've been turned into shops similar to the ones in the Magic Realm. They added the option to buy supplies for your rental with the pack, so it would make a lot more sense to go to a rabbithole store for these items rather than ordering them from the mailbox and they just appear out of nowhere. Plus it would encourage travelling and give a purpose to this neighbourhood.

- The cave in the mountain should've been a hidden ice cave lot with a yeti living in it. They could've made an interesting story around it aswell, maybe if you talk to locals there can be a whole rumor around the yeti and then you have to go up to the mountain to discover it and befriend it. That would add some more culture and backstory to the world and add some actual depth and lore rather than it just being a pretty place to go snowboarding

- Linking the above two points, maybe they could add a souvenir shop aswell and from that you can buy Mt Komorebi memorabilia and yeti memorabilia to remember your trip by.

- The winter sports should have more player interaction, maybe you have to press a certain key at a certain time for your sim to make the jump. Something other than just watching them go down on a loop until they get it right

- Toddlers can't use the new table even though it's on the floor and they already sit on the floor to eat food. If you do hot pot on the table, you can invite a toddler to join but they'll sit on the floor next to it or on the couch instead which makes zero sense when they can easily sit at the table

Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Comments

• Options
    Bumping :)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,394 Member
    I would have liked to see some tea.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I would of liked to see snow depth.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I would have liked more ritualistic elements, like better interactions at the shrines and a tea ceremony.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    • futon (quilted floor mattress)
    • low tea table and legless chairs
    • go gameboard
    • rice cooker
    • Bon dance at the Festival of Lights
    • toilet with built-in sink
    • single-width shoji door
    • randosel school backpack for kids
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I would have liked tea. Either a tea ceremony or just a traditional tea pot.

Some more recipes could have been welcome (Gyoza, Okonomiyaki.....)
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    I actually just posted a topic about how lame it is that Maxis basically abandoned their packs after release to patch updates only. ALMOST everyything listed above could eventually be patched in post release - but they basically abandon packs after without expanding on them.
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hotels, like, this was the opportunity of a lifetime. I get that rental lots are Sims 4's take on Air BnB but Hotels are much more lively and a completely different experience that I enjoy having in the sims for storytelling purposes.

I'm expecting them to come with a gamepack at some point, like restaurants, so I'm not that mad about it.

Also, tea ceremony, like others have said.

Overall this is still a solid pack tho.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I just want futons and a irori then I’ll be fully satisfied with the pack.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I'm quite content with the EP itself (at least with what I've seen so far; I don't actually own it yet), but it could have used some compatibility with other packs to make it feel less like an isolated experience. For example, winter sports on snowy slopes in other worlds if you have Seasons, and sledging with cats and dogs. I would also have liked an active winter sports career where you can teach other sims how to ski or snowboard.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    - The winter sports should have more player interaction, maybe you have to press a certain key at a certain time for your sim to make the jump. Something other than just watching them go down on a loop until they get it right

This would be very troublesome for anyone who takes a larger group of sims there. Let alone if you sent more of them doing winter sports.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    About skating and ice fishing, we probably voted those out in the poll we had a while back. They were included in the options, so the devs must have considered them. I'm quite happy that sledding, snowboarding, skiing and mountain climbing got in and wouldn't want to give up those :)
  • Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited November 2020
    The districts feel empty and unfinished. Some more lots, shops or (anything) would be nice.
    Once again, you can't interact with almost anything in the pack apart from the montain. The whole two other districs are plain boring.

There's a beautiful little traditional place with stones in one of the districts but you can't interact. It would have been nice if proper sims could show their respects, and leave some flowers or light a candle.

Maybe, if you have flowers or some flower arraging, or a candle in your sim's inventory you could offer it and leave it at the stone.

Japanese culture is so rich, but the pack fails at portraiting it, and the gameplay just feel empty as usual.
    There are no futons, any theme related game, only one or two new recipes I think? There's no tea?! Some tea ceremony would be nice, or at least a traditional tea pot with a cute animation while serving it...

The river - canal crossing one district make me feel depressed every time I look at it. It's just a plain blue line that doesn't even move. They could have added some koi fish at least or some animation...

The festivals were a huge dissapointment...
    At the snow festival, the ONLY activities there: Two single food stands, and spaceship jungle gym (lmao). Can you tell me what does this have to do with a snow festival at first place? There are fireworks comming from the rooft of a bulding that you can't interact with or even watch the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 fireworks... Can you explain me what does a spaceship jungle gym do at a snow japanesse traditional festival and why there are cero activities related to anything sigthly cultural or wintery at least?!

Some many opportunities for great things missed...
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Basically what I would add:

More theme related objects
    - Traditional japanesse table games as shogi instaed of chez. New tea pot's and maybe a tea ceremony animation. Japanesse beds. I mean they added a new table with new animations, it wouldn't be so hard to aslo design a futon.

More theme related activities at festivals.
    -Fireworks, ceremonies, music, traditional dancing, mask, craftings.

More interactions/animations with the surroundings in general...

To develop a deeper sense with the mointain, the snow, their home, the festivals. The trailer talks about all this and talks about its meaning but the actual gameplay is empty and it has nothing to do with it, it's only a marketing strategy: they talk about meaning and dept and you actually get a spaceship jungly gym as only activity at a snow festival. The audacity.
    Post edited by Elisdream on
  • Options
    Elisdream wrote: »

- Traditional japanesse table games as shogi instaed of chez. New tea pot's and maybe a tea ceremony animation. Japanesse beds. I mean they added a new table with new animations, it wouldn't be so hard to aslo design a futon.

-Fireworks, ceremonies, music, dancing, mask, craftings.

To develop a deeper sense with the mointain, the snow, their home, the festivals. The trailer talks about all this and talks about its meaning but the actual gameplay is empty and it has nothing to do with it, it's only a marketing strategy: they talk about meaning and dept and you actually get a spaceship jungly gym as only activity at a snow festival. The audacity.

I guess we can build snowmen at the snow festival but it would have been nice to get to make other snow sculptures as well, silly ones like a snow arm chair and a coffee table.
  • Options
    musteni wrote: »
    About skating and ice fishing, we probably voted those out in the poll we had a while back. They were included in the options, so the devs must have considered them. I'm quite happy that sledding, snowboarding, skiing and mountain climbing got in and wouldn't want to give up those :)

Ice skating and ice fishing would take barely any effort to add though, we already have all the animations they'd just have to tweak it. With the items in debug you can already place down a fishing post and they'll do the fishing animation wherever
  • Options
    Another thing I really need: a less glitchy - smoother animation at taking ur shoes off and on...
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Elisdream wrote: »

-Fireworks, ceremonies, music, dancing, mask, craftings.

I guess we can build snowmen at the snow festival but it would have been nice to get to make other snow sculptures as well, silly ones like a snow arm chair and a coffee table.

Is just that if u have season, it doesn't really add anything new, you can already make a snowman in your yard. I was really hoping for some other activity related to winter. Maybe a sample table with food, like winter cakes or hot food to warm up, similar to the festivals in San Myshuno. Snow statues would have been cool, and if it was for me, some ceremony for the spirit of the montain for attracting good fortune haha😍
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited November 2020
    I like Snowy Escape as a pack, it's been a concept I've been wanting for a very long time but I just feel like there's a lot of missed opportunities with this pack and things that could've been better or could've been added. Some of these things not being included are just big missed opportunities which could've really improved the pack

- Ice Fishing - We already have the ability to fish, just place a hole in the ice, it wouldn't be hard to add

- The empty buildings in the town centre area should've been turned into shops similar to the ones in the Magic Realm. They added the option to buy supplies for your rental with the pack, so it would make a lot more sense to go to a rabbithole store for these items rather than ordering them from the mailbox and they just appear out of nowhere. Plus it would encourage travelling and give a purpose to this neighbourhood.

- The cave in the mountain should've been a hidden ice cave lot with a yeti living in it. They could've made an interesting story around it aswell, maybe if you talk to locals there can be a whole rumor around the yeti and then you have to go up to the mountain to discover it and befriend it. That would add some more culture and backstory to the world and add some actual depth and lore rather than it just being a pretty place to go snowboarding

- Linking the above two points, maybe they could add a souvenir shop aswell and from that you can buy Mt Komorebi memorabilia and yeti memorabilia to remember your trip by.

- Toddlers can't use the new table even though it's on the floor and they already sit on the floor to eat food. If you do hot pot on the table, you can invite a toddler to join but they'll sit on the floor next to it or on the couch instead which makes zero sense when they can easily sit at the table

First I don't need The Sims to be a button mashing game there are plenty of those games. Second toddler have never been able to sit at the tables so why would the one in Snowy Escape be any different? Plus you don't even know how the program of this game works so what you are asking for they may not be able to do. Except the rabbit hole stores. Also I like this pack its the first pack since Seasons that I have actually enjoyed. I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface of the game. I am very picky about this game and things have to keep my interest more then just a month or week and so far this one has been making me laugh and I am having so much fun. You could make a souvenir shop if you really wanted one if you have Get To Work.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

First I don't need The Sims to be a button mashing game there are plenty of those games. Second toddler have never been able to sit at the tables so why would the one in Snowy Escape be any different? Plus you don't even know how the program of this game works so what you are asking for they may not be able to do. Except the rabbit hole stores. Also I like this pack its the first pack since Seasons that I have actually enjoyed. I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface of the game. I am very picky about this game and things have to keep my interest more then just a month or week and so far this one has been making me laugh and I am having so much fun. You could make a souvenir shop if you really wanted one if you have Get To Work.

Um because we want new things to be introduced??
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options

Um because we want new things to be introduced??
    I get you want new things introduced but when has a toddler ever been able to sit at the table in any sims game?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Can toddlers take food from the kotatsu table? I think it's fine if they don't sit at the table, they can sit nearby it anyway, and toddlers are usually fidgety so I don't really expect them to actually sit at the table to eat.
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    edited November 2020
    I really like the pack so far but i do feel like there are some missed opurtunities.
    I feel like some of the shells should have been rabbit holes especially the ones in the town square of the bottom district there are i think for “buildings” around and i would have loved for these to be useable. Something like a grocery store,sport supllies store,restaurant these would be rabbit holes so for some they wouldn’t add much but i think it would make the neighbourhood a lot more playable

More gameplay objects like a tea table and a japanese rock garden (we got a flooring for this but your sims can’t use it it’s purely decorative)

This one might be random but it’s something i would really like and that is a way for hiking to go wrong. By this i mean when you finish a hike the leader of the hike gets a moodlet saying they organized an amazing hike. I would love for them to be able to get lost while hiking with some funny animations like looking at their map scratching their head.

The abillity to hang snowboards and ski’s on the wall

Hiking for more worlds especially granite falls

A functional train nothing special just your sim gets in the train and it drives off

Functional ski lift i really don’t like how your sim just teleports right up i would love if your sim actually got on the skilift (you would see their plumbob above the cart) this way it would take a little longer to get sims up there

A sidenote to the last two when sims enter a rabbit hole building can they please enter trough the door instead of just vanishing i cant imagine this being to hard to animate since door animations are already there and it really takes away my immersion when they don’t actually go in

more things for the festivals. Festivals are a great idea but in the sims 4 there really boring and there isn’t that much to do at them

And lastly there should have been a mt komorebi culture skill i loved this skill from jungle adventure and feel like they should implement this type of skill more often especially for snowy escape but also island living such a missed opurtunity
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Second toddler have never been able to sit at the tables so why would the one in Snowy Escape be any different?

Because it's completely different from a regular table and it actually makes sense for this table? The seats are literally cushions on the floor, toddlers can already eat sitting on cushions on the floor. There's no physical reason why a toddler wouldn't be able to sit on these cushions and eat instead.
    hwax2AQ.png

At current my toddler sim will get food from this table, and then go and sit on another cushion to eat it. It would make perfect sense with this table for the toddler to just sit on the cushion and eat. Plus it'd be pretty cute and make them feel like they're actually part of the family!
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • Options

Second toddler have never been able to sit at the tables so why would the one in Snowy Escape be any different?

Because it's completely different from a regular table and it actually makes sense for this table? The seats are literally cushions on the floor, toddlers can already eat sitting on cushions on the floor. There's no physical reason why a toddler wouldn't be able to sit on these cushions and eat instead.
    hwax2AQ.png

At current my toddler sim will get food from this table, and then go and sit on another cushion to eat it. It would make perfect sense with this table for the toddler to just sit on the cushion and eat. Plus it'd be pretty cute and make them feel like they're actually part of the family!
    But maybe they couldn't do that because it would require them to change the toddler animations I don't know I am fine with them sitting next to the table anyways.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641