Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Split Household and move not working

foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
I tried to move my uni students out of their family home to a new accommodation before term starts (they have applied just not had the ok yet from the university) as I have a lot of sims in one house - but they looked on their phone for about 5 seconds then nothing..at all..I tried it with another adult in the household, stared at the phone then nothing :(

Anyone else having this problem?
thanks

Comments

• Options
    ZorgaZorga Posts: 614 Member
    no, i just moved my teen out without any problems.
  • Options
    SimandsimandsimSimandsimandsim Posts: 20 New Member
    I have the same problem, one day the option was there and the next it was gone! I want to move one of my sims into his own house. The only thing I can do is create someone for a new household that I want him to live in, then move him in in household management, then delete the sim I made so he could move in! Hope this helps.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    It could be that you're trying to move them on holidays. For some reason the games doesn't like that. I think its a new thing though?
  • Options
    ...and that's what I did! :)
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    You can always use the household manager to move them into their own households as well.
  • Options
    How do you use household manager to move a sim into its own new home? I've never seen that option. Thanks if you can help. I know you can move sims about to different households, but not new households. If you use the phone, you can only move the whole household, which never used to be the case until recently. Like a married couple could split and move to a whole new home. Just the problem I'm having right now.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I've had that issue on holidays for some reason.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    How do you use household manager to move a sim into its own new home? I've never seen that option. Thanks if you can help. I know you can move sims about to different households, but not new households. If you use the phone, you can only move the whole household, which never used to be the case until recently. Like a married couple could split and move to a whole new home. Just the problem I'm having right now.
    There are good instructions here on how to split from household manager
    https://realsport101.com/sims4/the-sims-4-how-to-move-out-steps-split-merge-selling-building-neighbourhood-guide/
  • Options
    Thank you for the info. My problem is there used to be an option on the phone that moved one sim out or as many as you wanted from the household. Now it's gone from the phone, so I created a new sim in cas, moved them into a property, put my sim in there and deleted the new sim. Still perplexed as to why the phone option was there one day and gone the next. Still not there, no holidays are on... Ah well. Thank you very much for the replies and links. :)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited June 2021
    Thank you for the info. My problem is there used to be an option on the phone that moved one sim out or as many as you wanted from the household. Now it's gone from the phone, so I created a new sim in cas, moved them into a property, put my sim in there and deleted the new sim. Still perplexed as to why the phone option was there one day and gone the next. Still not there, no holidays are on... Ah well. Thank you very much for the replies and links. :)

I didn’t even know you could split households without using the household manager.

Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    TwinklinBellTwinklinBell Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Simandsimandsim said:
    > Thank you for the info. My problem is there used to be an option on the phone that moved one sim out or as many as you wanted from the household. Now it's gone from the phone, so I created a new sim in cas, moved them into a property, put my sim in there and deleted the new sim. Still perplexed as to why the phone option was there one day and gone the next. Still not there, no holidays are on... Ah well. Thank you very much for the replies and links. :)

I'm having the same issue. I've checked with all my saves, the only one I found the option was in one household which had 16 sims in it. However, I checked the rest of the townies for the option, (all households with families, friends or roommates with no relation) neither one of the options on computer or phone found, as if it was only that one household that had the option to Split and Move Household. Did you find the answer to why it happened?
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I thought I was going crazy since I remembered it being in the game recently but couldn't find it anywhere. Totally missing for me.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member

Start New Household should be an option. You click on that and then select which Sim from the current household you wish to move out. It's the plus sign above the other neighborhoods.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    TwinklinBellTwinklinBell Posts: 2 New Member
    For everyone having the same issue, I found the reason why I had the option before and couldn't find it anymore now. I checked all my mods last night after my last comment and found that MCCC is the reason the option won't show up. That didn't answer why I had the option on only one household though, but somehow when I took out MCCC, the option came up through phone and computer again. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    > @TwinklinBell said:
    > For everyone having the same issue, I found the reason why I had the option before and couldn't find it anymore now. I checked all my mods last night after my last comment and found that MCCC is the reason the option won't show up. That didn't answer why I had the option on only one household though, but somehow when I took out MCCC, the option came up through phone and computer again. I hope this helps.

Thanks so much. I do use MCC and will check my settings, but have no idea which ones. I do have it set for not allowing homeless move ins so maybe it's something to do with that. Thanks again!
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited June 2021
    I usually have to use "manage household" because split from household, on the phones, isn't working.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2021
    Please mention this at the link so it has a better chance of getting fixed.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs