Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They should make a Sims spin off with Star Wars.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited December 2020
    rhalius wrote: »
    Id rather they make original stories for spin offs like they used to.

They can do that with star wars too, to create a situation that allows your sims to be jedi or sith while also providing you with the best known movie characters available in the gallery with their appropriate traits, clothing and appearance.

They could even write some sort of time anomaly into the setting or such, to give players a plausible situation where Anakin, Revan and Rey Luke could all be room mates.

I'd want them to not have familiar characters as non playable NPC's, to truly give it that timeless feel to it and let you play as the familiar characters instead.

Yeah Revan gender and alignment wasn't consistent, SWTOR even split them into a Good and Evil versions of themselves, Revan's descendant Jedi Grandmaster Satele Shan however is a perfect roommate and M.I.L.F. material.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Personally, I want Star Trek Sims Spin-off. There's just so much more to it than Star Wars. Plus, they have the coolest Aliens & Starships. B)
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Sims Star Wars is pure money grab. Say you're a Star Wars fan, there's got to be three or four. You've never played Sims 4 before but this is basically a Star Wars game. Now you need to buy The Sims 4 AND the EP. And you may be roped into buying more packs that you otherwise would never have bought.

Alternatively you may be a Builder and the thing about builders is that they (and by they I mean we) need every pack.

I personally expect the programmers were told that they MUST do a Star Wars pack.

As evidenced by the fact that they chose a setting based on a theme park rather than, say, any of the previous star wars content that most peoples' fandom for star wars is based on. It's highly unlikely that any star wars fan developer/producer/etc. would have the sequel trilogy as their first choice when bringing star wars to life in the game they are working on. It's highly unlikely they'd willingly choose to have lightsabers as a theme park toy gimmick and leave "the force" (one of the most loved parts of star wars) out completely.

A star wars pack within the context of the sims made by star wars fans who are making what they want would likely have Jedi and Sith, lightsabers, dueling, force powers. Much more like Realm of Magic in spirit than a sectioned off theme park.

But honestly, I don't think star wars belongs in the sims (at least, not the sims 4). I think it's like water and oil. The game is goofy and utopian, and star wars is deeply-serious dramatic and dystopian. You'd basically need a different tone and game rating for it to make any real sense together.

I can't imagine how you would make it feel like star wars while it's the kind of game where someone dies and an actual, literal grim reaper shows up with a tablet to process them. I played through Batuu once (no particular desire to go back) and the only part that felt like it fit at all was the smuggler stuff, possibly because smuggling has that slightly corny han solo vibe to it, which maybe mixes a little with the corniness of the sims 4. The other stuff felt completely empty, meaningless, and out of place. Not like it was "bad" exactly, but like someone wearing pants on head. Like... that's not where the pants go. You can put them there, I suppose, but it's not really helping as a hat or pants.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    edited December 2020
    Haflinger wrote: »
    Id rather they make original stories for spin offs like they used to.

They can do that with star wars too, to create a situation that allows your sims to be jedi or sith while also providing you with the best known movie characters available in the gallery with their appropriate traits, clothing and appearance.

They could even write some sort of time anomaly into the setting or such, to give players a plausible situation where Anakin, Revan and Rey could all be room mates.

I'd want them to not have familiar characters as non playable NPC's, to truly give it that timeless feel to it and let you play as the familiar characters instead.

Gonna be honest. I think the biggest mistake BioWare ever committed was “canonizing” Revan as the preset that seems to resemble Keanu Reeves (which of course leads to endless memes from the fanbois about how Keanu Reeves needs to play Revan). That’s not my Revan.

But I suppose she can keep her helmet on all the time, if they went that way.

Oh I don't see that bumbling crazy fool that claims to be Revan in The Old Republic as Revan either. You can create your own characters though, for Revan they just need to provide the outfit.

While I played through KOTOR many times, I mainly see Revan as the older bald asian man with a mustache and goatee, the other ones looked too young to be a master to me. And he returned to the dark side.

• Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Personally, I want Star Trek Sims Spin-off. There's just so much more to it than Star Wars. Plus, they have the coolest Aliens & Starships. B)

If they do a Star Trek one I want to pick between being part of the Romulan Star Empire or the Federation, personally Klingons don't really interest me.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    If they do a Sims/Star Wars spin off they should kill me in my sleep first.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

I mean independent of star wars i mean sims lore. I liked their stories.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    Pretty much all those stand alone games they did pretty much just had stuff they could have put in the main series instead.
    Save for Sims Medieval, which they where quick to abandon sadly enough.