Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My ideas for a hotel pack

Since were not getting hotels with snowy escape wich is a missed chance imo but nevertheless i saw some people talking what they would like to see in a hotel pack and i decided to share my own ideas on this topic

Let's say it's going to be a game pack. These are the things i would like to see.

New lot type hotel: hotels can be placed in any world on any buildable lots. Your sims can own there own hotel or just check in to one

Owning a hotel

When you buy a hotel or build your own you have full control on everything
-Create the hotel rooms.
With a click on the door you can set a room as a hotel room. You can also set pricing for each room this way. This means you can have really expensive rooms or extremely cheap ones and anything inbetween.

New build mode feature

Shallow pools. These pools are made for toddlers so they to can enjoy the water and the new waterslides they can play in them alone with other toddlers or with an older sim

new objects

-pool slide 2 versions 1 for toddlers and one for kids and up
-pool bar
-Hotel desk for check in
-inground hottubs
-fire walker

Managing your hotel

-you can hire staff for

checking sims in

-room service

-cleaning

- enatertainment (singer,pianist etc)

-repairments/check ups

things to manage

-the guests

-chlorine levels in the pools

-quality of food

-entertainment

I also want this pack to allow the use of dine out so you can have restaurants in your hotel

things that can happen in a hotel

-guests not wanting to leave

-guests trashing the hotel room

-pests such as cockroaches spiders flies etc

-chlorine levels to high wich causes painfull eyes (sims rubbing there eyes)

-dirty pools from lack of cleaning or low chlorine levels

-staff quitting

-hotel critic who comes by and leaves a rating these ratings have 3 times more impact then ratings from normal guests

- Celebrity guests if you have get famous you really want to impress these guests

hotel rating system

all guests will leave a rating once there visit has ended this can anywhere from 1 to 5 stars they will also tell you why they gave this rating and what you can do to improve your hotel such a higher quality food more entertainment etc

Honey moons

when two of your sims are married they can decide to go on a honeymoon to any hotel there is once the arrive there room will have romantic decorations such as flower petals on the bed and in the bathtub there will be nectar for and some choclats in the room as well

new interactions

_take group pictures sims can now ask another sims to take group pictures for this will cut to you making the picture and then the sim who asked will recieve it in their inventory

order roomservice: your sims can order room service from the phone in their hotel room they can choose from whatever menu the hotel has and it will be deliverd on a cart by one of the employees

Comments

• Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Oh I like the idea of a pool bar. Hotels could set up and run buffets if we cant get the dine out add on. A kids club would be fun. We need more kids activities. Maybe set in a world inspired by costa rica or san juan so you have different area types like a beach front hotel or a hotel near a jungle, or in the city...

I love your ideas. I would buy that!
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    Oh I like the idea of a pool bar. Hotels could set up and run buffets if we cant get the dine out add on. A kids club would be fun. We need more kids activities. Maybe set in a world inspired by costa rica or san juan so you have different area types like a beach front hotel or a hotel near a jungle, or in the city...

I love your ideas. I would buy that!

Thank you!!
    I love the idea of a kids club
    Personally i would say don’t add a world with this pack because without adding a world the developers have much more rokm to work with and more resources to add more stuff in to make sure the gameplay is as close to perfect as it can be
  • Options
    You make a good point. I definitely want more indepth game play. That being said, I think people would lose their whole minds if ea didnt include a world in the game pack.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    You make a good point. I definitely want more indepth game play. That being said, I think people would lose their whole minds if ea didnt include a world in the game pack.

I honestly don't think they need to include a new world. I think it will be similar to dineout where I always plan to place a hotel in every new world. Some game packs with new worlds make sense because the pack don't work in current worlds but honestly would prefer they focus on making it as customizable and open ended as possible. But that's just me.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I honestly don't think they need to include a new world. I think it will be similar to dineout where I always plan to place a hotel in every new world. Some game packs with new worlds make sense because the pack don't work in current worlds but honestly would prefer they focus on making it as customizable and open ended as possible. But that's just me.

Yeah exactly i want packs that expand everything and you can use in any world to much of the packs we get are convined to one world like island living,strangerville and the joke that is batuu
  • Options
    That is a good point. I forgot that dine out didnt come with a world.
  • Options
    cleo224cleo224 Posts: 87 Member
    I love this idea! It allows the players to create the experience they want. Going camping is a nice vacation but with hotels you can getaway anytime. It would fit so well with the restaurant pack, many careers, and destination weddings would be nice in this kind of pack. I would buy this one!
  • Options
    AnyahsAnyahs Posts: 36 Member
    edited November 2020
    I'd like to add to this and include a bed and breakfast. Like you have a home you live in and you can rent a certain part of it and you provide food for X amount of times a day (the way some places offer just breakfast, some offer B-L, some all three where the 3rd option is dinner and is custom made. It would be similar to getting a roommate but they're just temporary visitors.

Other possible items- Drink dispenser, water fountains for walls, waffle maker
  • Options
    Anyahs wrote: »
    I'd like to add to this and include a bed and breakfast. Like you have a home you live in and you can rent a certain part of it and you provide food for X amount of times a day (the way some places offer just breakfast, some offer B-L, some all three where the 3rd option is dinner and is custom made. It would be similar to getting a roommate but they're just temporary visitors.

Other possible items- Drink dispenser, water fountains for walls, waffle maker

Ohhh yesss i love these ideas!!!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If I want to build a Bed and Breakfast, my sims should be able to LIVE on the lot too. Also, the shallow pools for toddlers could also be used as a pool shelf where you can place lounge chairs in the shallow water and sunbathe.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited November 2020
    while at it id also like the hammocks they took out of IL and floor mattress and sleeping bags they missed out on snowy

and the legendary heart bed

more variety for snoozing really

also id like some hotel drama and troubles
    like robbers or relationship drama next door or such

(oh how about crumplebottom knocking on your door to slap you with bag if you dare to woohoo in her hotel? yes pls )

(or perhaps we could have bonehilda back to help with cleaning the hotel in case you are not keen on hiring people)

(or probably unsavory charlatan would love to steal some moneys)

and maybe we could choose different hotel types like high class to the dodgiest hotel you have ever seen
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    while at it id also like the hammocks they took out of IL and floor mattress and sleeping bags they missed out on snowy

and the legendary heart bed

more variety for snoozing really

also id like some hotel drama and troubles
    like robbers or relationship drama next door or such

(oh how about crumplebottom knocking on your door to slap you with bag if you dare to woohoo in her hotel? yes pls )

(or perhaps we could have bonehilda back to help with cleaning the hotel in case you are not keen on hiring people)

(or probably unsavory charlatan would love to steal some moneys)

and maybe we could choose different hotel types like high class to the dodgiest hotel you have ever seen

How about "noisy" lovers next door that wake you up at all hours? :D<3>:)
  • Options
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    So what features would be in a pre pack patch.

I imagine that there will be more than enough fixes from past packs to fill that patch.

I want them to handle a B&B pack as well as they handled the Vampire pack. You can make any style of vampire you want. They really did a great job with that pack. And, I want to be able to create any type of hotel that I want. From a small, cheap motel to a owner live-in Bed & Breakfast to a high end fancy, luxury hotel with all the amenities that we have gotten in past packs.
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    All of these are great. I would also add in random Karens that blow up at all staff whether it be the housekeeping, maintenance, bar staff, or most likely the Front Desk staff for trivial reasons.
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I imagine that there will be more than enough fixes from past packs to fill that patch.

I want them to handle a B&B pack as well as they handled the Vampire pack. You can make any style of vampire you want. They really did a great job with that pack. And, I want to be able to create any type of hotel that I want. From a small, cheap motel to a owner live-in Bed & Breakfast to a high end fancy, luxury hotel with all the amenities that we have gotten in past packs.

i meant some game features like say asigning rooms via doors
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

i meant some game features like say asigning rooms via doors

Not knowing what they might put into it, it's hard to say. Maybe a new buffet table? The room selection would just be a reuse of the room selection process from DU and that was released in the pack, not the patch.
  • Options
    okay hows this for a patch Feature the ability to book your vacation in advance than just so suddenly
  • Options
    okay hows this for a patch Feature the ability to book your vacation in advance than just so suddenly

That will work. And, if you miss your reservation you get charged a substantial fee. :D
  • Options
    I built a ski lodge for SE to sit on the mountain all covered in snow. It has a reception desk, gathering room with a fireplace to warm up by, a kotasu tables and a bar with a kitchen, two bedroom wings of three suites each, upstairs nightclub and dance floor, downstairs spa, gym, indoor pool and indoor hot springs.

The only thing is, if you want to play it and have NPC guests and workers show up, then you need to change the lot type to the lot that you want to visit. For example. if you want a spa day, change the lot type to spa. If you want to soak in the hot springs, then change it to bathhouse, etc.
    If you don't change the lot type, then NPC's will not show up but you can hire workers to appear and serve you.

It's not on the gallery yet. I still deciding if it will be worth the effort for other players to play it.
  • Options
    okay this is what i was taking about if you highlight what part of the room in build/buy mode what you want it to be as a patch feature
  • Options
    carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    Since were not getting hotels with snowy escape wich is a missed chance imo but nevertheless i saw some people talking what they would like to see in a hotel pack and i decided to share my own ideas on this topic

Let's say it's going to be a game pack. These are the things i would like to see.

New lot type hotel: hotels can be placed in any world on any buildable lots. Your sims can own there own hotel or just check in to one

Owning a hotel

When you buy a hotel or build your own you have full control on everything
    -Create the hotel rooms.
    With a click on the door you can set a room as a hotel room. You can also set pricing for each room this way. This means you can have really expensive rooms or extremely cheap ones and anything inbetween.

New build mode feature

Shallow pools. These pools are made for toddlers so they to can enjoy the water and the new waterslides they can play in them alone with other toddlers or with an older sim

new objects

-pool slide 2 versions 1 for toddlers and one for kids and up
    -pool bar
    -Hotel desk for check in
    -inground hottubs
    -fire walker

Managing your hotel

-you can hire staff for

checking sims in

-room service

-cleaning

- enatertainment (singer,pianist etc)

-repairments/check ups

things to manage

-the guests

-chlorine levels in the pools

-quality of food

-entertainment

I also want this pack to allow the use of dine out so you can have restaurants in your hotel

things that can happen in a hotel

-guests not wanting to leave

-guests trashing the hotel room

-pests such as cockroaches spiders flies etc

-chlorine levels to high wich causes painfull eyes (sims rubbing there eyes)

-dirty pools from lack of cleaning or low chlorine levels

-staff quitting

-hotel critic who comes by and leaves a rating these ratings have 3 times more impact then ratings from normal guests

- Celebrity guests if you have get famous you really want to impress these guests

hotel rating system

all guests will leave a rating once there visit has ended this can anywhere from 1 to 5 stars they will also tell you why they gave this rating and what you can do to improve your hotel such a higher quality food more entertainment etc

Honey moons

when two of your sims are married they can decide to go on a honeymoon to any hotel there is once the arrive there room will have romantic decorations such as flower petals on the bed and in the bathtub there will be nectar for and some choclats in the room as well

new interactions

_take group pictures sims can now ask another sims to take group pictures for this will cut to you making the picture and then the sim who asked will recieve it in their inventory

order roomservice: your sims can order room service from the phone in their hotel room they can choose from whatever menu the hotel has and it will be deliverd on a cart by one of the employees

This are great ideas! Hope we will get a hotel pack and more destination packs: Romantic (Champs les sims) / Beach / Adventurous / Nordic destination (Aurora skies)
  • Options
    carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited March 2021
    Here are some things I want to add:

1. Possibility to employ family members as your staff /or other specific sim (+Update this on Dine out GP)
    2. Possibility to set ownership of a hotel (if you just want one of the sim's in your household to be the owner +Update this on Dine out GP
    3. Update to Laundry day SP - Bedding / Bed sheets needs to be washed from time to time (the bed will start to smell/become dirty if the bedding is not washed for a while) +possibility to use the Laundry feature at your Hotel.
    4. Free update to Base Game - The maid career (sim's with this career will get assigned to this role when hiring a maid)
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited March 2021
    If we had a hotel pack again I would very much like an update to Snowy Escape to include a hotel.

My must haves in order of importance

1. A Front Desk with a concierge
    2. Locking Hotel Room Doors
    3. Maid Service & Room Service
    4. A Hotel Restaurant that fits the theme of the zone. Not a self service buffet
    5. A Bell Hop wearing a Bell Hops uniform
    6. Elevators
    7. Door man
    8. A pool bar and a bartender who brings drinks to lounging Sims

the-sims-2-bon-voyage-screenshot.jpg
    les-sims-2-bon-voy-4e2643b5e6750.jpg

“All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett