Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recoloring Alpha hair. How to make a "standard" colored base?

I have been recoloring hairs (alpha mostly) for a while now. What I have usually done, it taking out three different textures from the hair I am recoloring. Usually black, Silver (as light, as possible but not so light it looks white ish) and a light warm blonde color and used as a base for my colors. Overall it works really nice, but, different creators use different shades on their colors. And my problem is i want all my recolors to match in their colors.
As for now i can only manage to match hairs from the same creator. but not from different creators.
Like for example a hair from Anto, I can't manage the colors to look the same as on a hair from LeahLillith, or Ade. Because they use slightly different tones on their colors.

I've searched for two days now (getting kinda frustrated here) Is there a way to take the texture (or diffuse as sims4studio calls it) and edit it into one color which will be the same no matter which creator the hair is from? If that makes sense (english is not my native language)
Like to make sure i have the same "base" always. I have seen several tutorials for clothing where it is done, but i can't seem to do the same with hairs... My recolors all consist of unnatural colors. I never make normal colors as brown, black, blonde, red etc. I use purple, yellow, orange, blue, pink and colors like that 😊
I use sims4studio and Gimp. Photoshop tutorials will not help me at all since i have never used photoshop, and I will never use it.

Any tips would be highly appreciated because i go crazy trying to figure this out <<

Comments

• Options
    IsariIsari Posts: 69 Member
    I usually put two textures on different layers (one from which I will take the color and the second one which I want to recolor). I make sure I can see these two textures at the same moment and I select colorize tool from colors menu. Then I pick the color from the lower layer and I'm trying to adjust the color to match. When I finish I save it as a present. Sometimes I also use Hue-Chroma tool. That's what I am doing but I'm not sure if it will work in your case. However, I hope it can help you a bit.