Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GF quirks not working?

I have a sim with the vain quirk and it does nothing. She used to get those tense moodlets, but she hasn't gotten any and I've played her weeks. On top of that when I select the admire fine self interaction on a mirror, the interaction never ends. Seems to be broken the same way as the Movie Hangout movies. I couldn't find this in reported bugs and I'm just wondering if anyone else has problems with quirks or if the other ones still work?

Comments

• Options
    EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    Not working for me either. I have a Sim with both Vain Street and Phone Fanatic. He never gets tense from them anymore, and he was always tense from the phone because he couldn't clear that autonomously. His brother has Juice Enthusiast, and never actually craves juice anymore. I think it stopped working before summer, it's been a while.
    50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I haven't played my celebrity sims for a while, so quite possible. It's good to know the bug has been around, makes me think it must be a known bug. Though for some reason I still fail to find a bug report on it at the Answers HQ.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I noticed this as well!! We definitely need to report this bug!
  • Options
    Syddie101Syddie101 Posts: 12 New Member
    If you have the trait that stops your sims from getting tense then this could be preventing the tense moodlet from happening. If you don't then it's definitely a bug.

Also look at any mods that you may have installed. If you don't run any mods at all disregard my comment, but sometimes the tiniest of mods can interfere. I had a hairstyle once that was buggy and made my mermaid sims run on the water.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    When I first noticed the quirks not working, I did test it without mods. I forgot what the result was so I just tested again. What I'm seeing is:

-The tense moodlets from Phone Fanatic and Vain Street, and the sad/angry moodlets from Juice Enthusiast, that are supposed to appear after the Sim doesn't do certain things for too long, don't. But I can trigger the 'separation anxiety' moodlet to appear by using the phone to play a game or something, then after a bit it pops up, like I have to remind the game the Sim has that quirk. And I can trigger the moodlets from Juice Enthusiast to start up by making my Sim drink juice.

-The tense moodlet from Vain Street just never comes up at all, and apparently can't be jump started by doing 'Admire fine self' because it never finishes and has to be cancelled. I've also noticed my Sim doesn't admire himself autonomously anymore.

-The positive moodlet from No Touching, that comes up after not touching anybody for a while, still works. And all the moodlets that are triggered by doing certain things work, such as eating (Refined Palate), getting too sad or angry (Emotion Bomb), touching other Sims (No Touching), and drinking juice (Juice Enthusiast).

So basically, it seems only Vain Street and Phone Fanatic's tense moodlets, and Juice Enthusiast's sad/angry moodlets are broken and don't ever appear unless I make the Sim do the things to clear those particular moodlets first. But all the other quirks (of the ones my Sims have) work just fine.
  • Options
    That's some great testing @Ennael ! I don't have sims with all those quirks in my game. Would you mind making a report out of it?
  • Options
    So, I was able to fix Vain Street by using testingcheats and shift click on my Sim to remove it through the 'Public Image' option, and adding it back the same way. He now gets tense from not using a mirror, 'Admire fine self' finishes, and he admires himself autonomously again. I was not able to rebreak it.

As for Juice Enthusiast and Phone Fanatic, I got mixed results when I removed and re-added them on my older Sims that had them before, versus adding them to new Sims with cheats. I'm not entirely sure if they're actually broken or not.
  • Options
    Thanks again @Ennael I'm definitely going to test if I can fix the quirks by removing them. I don't think I have a sim with juice enthusiasm, phone fanatic maybe.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    No wonder my celeb didn't feel the same :/ Him getting angry (or sad) because he hadn't had a drink in a while is basically the only personality he has, and now it's not working. I don't actually even want him to be a celebrity anymore but I have (or had) to to keep his "personality" :D
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I have emotion bomb and serious actor and both work fine.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited November 2020
    I read the title like "Girlfriend quirks not working?" and was thinking 'do girlfriends in S4 have quirks now??'
    I mean it makes sense, but I wasn't aware of its existence, let alone the bug. :D

So my apologies for this nonsense post....I can't even help or confirm this issue as I haven't played celebs in a long time. :#
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I just run into the opposite problem. My sim psyched himself up at the mirror to become confident and acquired the Vain Street quirk in the process. After a few hours the tense+2 from not admiring himself enough appeared, but I do not have the Admire Fine self interaction at mirrors anymore. So unless I clear off the quirk or buy Never Tense (both if which I do not want, because that sim really is vain), the tenseness is permanent?

(Although now that I'm writing this, was there maybe particular mirror needed? Hanging, standing? I tried a wall-mounted one in the bathroom only, maybe I should have tried others.)
  • Options
    I just run into the opposite problem. My sim psyched himself up at the mirror to become confident and acquired the Vain Street quirk in the process. After a few hours the tense+2 from not admiring himself enough appeared, but I do not have the Admire Fine self interaction at mirrors anymore. So unless I clear off the quirk or buy Never Tense (both if which I do not want, because that sim really is vain), the tenseness is permanent?

(Although now that I'm writing this, was there maybe particular mirror needed? Hanging, standing? I tried a wall-mounted one in the bathroom only, maybe I should have tried others.)

I don't understand the game. Now I have the option to Admire Fine Self again, at the same mirror that wouldn't offer it to me yesterday. But my sim isn't getting tense from his quirk anymore, so exactly what everyone else reported already.
  • Options
    The tense moodlet from Vain Street can be cleared autonomously, maybe your Sim is just admiring himself so often he doesn't give it time to show up. But if he's not ever autonomously admiring himself, the tense moodlet never shows, and the admire action never finishes when you manually do it; remove and re-add the quirk with the testingcheats shift-click menu, that's all I did and it's working fine now.
  • Options
    Autonomy is off, so that can't happen. Cheat-remove and add back, check. Will try that, thank you!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    My celebrities are still getting Quirks.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Lindsmd113Lindsmd113 Posts: 196 Member
    How do I clear it? My sim has the juiced quirk and it’s really annoying. I thought the celebrity cleanse worked and then I used the reward store for quirk be gone and it’s still there!
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    Still have Stans here...
  • Options
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GF-Some-fame-quirks-stop-working/m-p/9880228

I finally got around to making a bug report for this, because I noticed Vain Street broke on my Sim again. I suspected it was because I played other households for a while, because it was working fine until I did that. I added it to a test Sim, confirmed it working, then switched to a different household, fast forwarded through several sim hours, went back to the test Sim, tried to admire self in the mirror.. and, it had no progress bar and wouldn't finish, and she never got the tense moodlet anymore. So that's what buggers it up. Just switching households may also cause Juice Enthusiast and Phone Fanatic to stop working, but in my tests all it took was reloading the save while the Sim had the moodlets on them (that never worked to break Vain Street though). As far as I can tell, those are the only three quirks that end up not functioning properly after reloads and rotational play.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Lindsmd113 wrote: »
    How do I clear it? My sim has the juiced quirk and it’s really annoying. I thought the celebrity cleanse worked and then I used the reward store for quirk be gone and it’s still there!

Oh, bummer. That one is my go-to remedy.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/