Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updating Game

I just started fresh on a new install of the Sims 3 games on a new computer, which probably means I have to re-patch my games. I found this list of updates on the main Sims 3 page:https://www.thesims3.com/game/patches. Is downloading these updates different than telling it to update game in the Origin launcher? I told it to update game in Origin launcher, it checked it and said everything was up to date. But, if I do still need to update with one or more of these patches on this list, which one or ones should I download? I have Sims 3 base game, Sims 3 Late Night, Sims 3 World Adventures, The Sims 3 Generations, and High End Loft Stuff pack. I'm currently not playing the World Adventures expansion. I saw it download into Origin but I did not officially install the disc of it on my computer and checked it off the Origin launcher to be add to the game as I don't really want to play this one. I only bought it because I wanted the Generations expansion and a the time I could only find it bundled with the World Adventures expansion pack. I also believe it may have caused a bad glitch I previously had in my game where the age bars did not work properly but whether it was from that expansion or not my newly installed game is working good so far and I hope that glitch will not come back into my game again. I'm also thinking about getting the Seasons expansion and I really want my game to keep working good so I would like some suggestions about re-patching or updating my game.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2020
    If your game was installed or is managed by Origin, then you have Patch 1.69 and are already all up to date with no questions being asked. Patch levels are only a thing with retail disc installs that have no current Origin involvement, and for them EA provides a one-step Super Patcher that brings them up to 1.67. The Super Patcher should never be run on an Origin/1.69 game though, as that would break the install. (this all assumes Windows and not a Mac version of the game)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Simmer2500Simmer2500 Posts: 247 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    If your game was installed or is managed by Origin, then you have Patch 1.69 and are already all up to date with no questions being asked. Patch levels are only a thing with retail disc installs that have no current Origin involvement, and for them EA provides a one-step Super Patcher that brings them up to 1.67. The Super Patcher should never been run on an Origin/1.69 game though, as that would break the install. (this all assumes Windows and not a Mac version of the game)

Oh, okay thanks. So, it sounds like my game should be fine update wise.