Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else would like vacuum cleaners and lawn mowers ?

It's two objects I'd like to have, it's stuff you find in every home. They could be gameplay objects too.

Comments

• Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    It's two objects I'd like to have, it's stuff you find in every home. They could be gameplay objects too.

I would love to have a vacuum. Especially one that will add functionality.

• Options
    QuintessedlQuintessedl Posts: 6 New Member
    I wonder how a lawnmower might function and where it would fit within the game? Maybe within a farming pack, where you have to upkeep a plot of land? I think that would be really interesting! I also think vacuum cleaners could be done in a straightforward way. Like distinguishing floor messes as spills (like water puddles) and dust/dry messes (toddlers pouring spices on the floor)? From an animation standpoint, the vacuum object might be fairly straight forward to swap out the mop for :)
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    For lawnmowers to be usable, they'd need to make the grass grow. They could add patches of grass that grow.
    I wonder how a lawnmower might function and where it would fit within the game? Maybe within a farming pack, where you have to upkeep a plot of land? I think that would be really interesting! I also think vacuum cleaners could be done in a straightforward way. Like distinguishing floor messes as spills (like water puddles) and dust/dry messes (toddlers pouring spices on the floor)? From an animation standpoint, the vacuum object might be fairly straight forward to swap out the mop for :)

• Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Grass is just terrain paint in the game, so really having a lawnmower is pointless without a massive overhaul to how the game treats the terrain textures. Vacuuming can work quite well if you ask me.
  • Options
    Ms_MikaMs_Mika Posts: 18 Member
    It could work similarly to laundry. Without placing these objects, nothing would change, but adding them would require sims to maintain a tidy house or lawn.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    well i think no but if they added like actual thicc dust that would cover everything unless you did your vacuuming cleaning things often enough... id be having blast with that look in my haunted homes
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Neither of these I really care to see but there is a Roomba vacuum cats can ride in game already
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I was actually disappointed that roombas were used for cats and dogs, neither pets I want to own, rather than general housekeeping, actually.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    I was actually disappointed that roombas were used for cats and dogs, neither pets I want to own, rather than general housekeeping, actually.

What do you mean? The vacuum cleaner from Cats & Dogs will actually clean up.
  • Options
    LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    edited November 2020

YES.
    And a stroller for toddlers. Hope they will do Generations... Great objects for Generations EP.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Leaselmary wrote: »

YES.
    And a stroller for toddlers. Hope they will do Generations... Great objects for Generations EP.

Omg I would love strollers in game I get anxiety when toddlers just run outside especially taking them to the park.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I'm kind of torn on these two specific items, I can definitely see why people would want them, they're every day items, super realistic and work well for adding at home activities. On the other hand it's the two household tasks I absolutely loathe in real life, so personally, probably not. Though a decorative vacuum and mower would be great.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    It takes Sims half the day to eat and use the bathroom. They can't pick up there dirty dishes and you want them to vacuum. Nope.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I always felt like lawnmowers should have came in Seasons packs and vacuum cleaners with laundry day. I would probably use them, but I'm also a realistic game player so I actually enjoy playing with mundane interactive objects. It would be fun to assign chores like that to certain sims.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2020
    I'd actually like lawn mowers a lot. In TS2 Seasons, on Spring, weeds can grow in sim's lawns and bushes need to be trimmed down:

O8nQuiR.jpg

If your sims live in apartments landlords will do it for them, or they can hire gardeners if they don't want to do it.

I wish those features would come back with lawn mowers that make sims take out the weeds faster. Sims could use them as a resource to make compost in those wooden boxes, to later fertilize their gardens. This sort of detail is what should exist in a lifesim imo. Simple yet realistic.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    would love vaccum cleaners and lawnmowers ingame
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Okay, so clutter items do not bother me in the least. I am not dying for them (and wouldn't use them), but bring it on. However, if gradual lawn and floor maintenance became mechanics, they better be opt out like laundry.
  • Options
    0oglub_glubo00oglub_glubo0 Posts: 21 Member
    I would like lawn mowers, I know that the roombas are already in game but a more traditional vacuum were the sim would have to hold it would be nice.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Absolutely not!