Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have some questions about the new version of the sims 3

I'm so happy to get back to my Mac but I have 3 questions about this. I already read FAQ.
1. How many languages will be supported in the new version of the sims 3 as I'm not an English native?
2. Does the new version of the sims 3 will be upgraded to 64 bits like the sims 4 or just upgraded only for the 64bit Mac OS?
3. Which patch version will be in the new version of the sims 3? Will it be the patch 1.69 like pc version, and able to switch the language in Origin easily and able to select the packs on the sims 3 launcher?

I didn't find this type of answers in FAQ. Thank you.:)

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    1) All the languages supported by the current version should also be in the new version.
    2) This version is a 64-bit application that runs natively in macOS. There are no tricks to make it run in a 64-bit environment.
    3) We don't know what the patch level will be, if there even is one. For the pack selector and switching languages, we'll find out soon enough.

If you have more questions, you can ask here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/982933/64-bit-sims-3-for-macos-is-coming-soon-for-real

We'll be trying to answer questions as they come up as well as posting other useful information.
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited October 2020
    Ahhh..I was wondering why other windows simmers keep asking for the windows 64 bit, so I thought it could be for 64 bit game environment. Then, there's no point to ask for the windows version cuz the sims 3 has no problem on windows 64 bit computer. Not sure I understood correctly though.:) Thank you for caring explanation and link. :blush:
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    Ahhh..I was wondering why other windows simmers keep asking for the windows 64 bit, so I thought it could be for 64 bit game environment. Then, there's no point to ask for the windows version cuz the sims 3 has no problem on windows 64 bit computer. Not sure I understood correctly though.:) Thank you for caring explanation and link. :blush:

Yeah, Sims 3 wouldn't work at all on that 64-bit MacOS without this updated game version. The Sims 3 works fine on Windows, but many simmers still want a 64-bit version of the game so it can use more RAM than about 3.6 GB without crashing due to Error 12. Many of us have 8, 16 or 32 GB RAM and want to be able to use it.

EA haven't ruled out a 64-bit version for Windows, so there's no definite "NO", just that they haven't announced one officially. There might be one in the future, so it's just fine to ask or wish for one. It's just that the Mac understandably had the priority. I can still play Sims 3 on Windows fine (most of the time), but the option to download a 64-bit version would be great. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Cororon wrote: »
    Jeansoo wrote: »

Yeah, Sims 3 wouldn't work at all on that 64-bit MacOS without this updated game version. The Sims 3 works fine on Windows, but many simmers still want a 64-bit version of the game so it can use more RAM than about 3.6 GB without crashing due to Error 12. Many of us have 8, 16 or 32 GB RAM and want to be able to use it.

EA haven't ruled out a 64-bit version for Windows, so there's no definite "NO", just that they haven't announced one officially. There might be one in the future, so it's just fine to ask or wish for one. It's just that the Mac understandably had the priority. I can still play Sims 3 on Windows fine (most of the time), but the option to download a 64-bit version would be great. :smile:

The way I understand is the sims 3 hasn’t been working on the 64 bit Mac computer. So this one is the update version is compatible with 64 bit Mac OSX and the sims 3 will still support only 32 bits on the 64 bits Mac OSX. Am I correct? It’s very confusing to me. If so, there’s no point to go back to Mac system because anyway I will be able to use only 4 GBs ram on 64 bit Mac OSX. There’s no difference with pc version, and yeah I have the same wish to have the 64 bits the sims 3 version like the sims 4.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2020
    We have more recently been led to believe that the new version of TS3 for Mac is really a 64-bit application and thus can use more than 4 GB of RAM. There aren't many players who can attest to that yet because of its flawed rollout yesterday where the new version wouldn't work for just about everyone, the fix for which is only just starting to propagate through Origin. It will reportedly take a few days to reach everyone who needs it.

We do know that the game hasn't been remastered, though. So it's quite possible that when it reaches, let's say 6 GB of usage, the game engine is going to stall out or things may otherwise fall apart even if we don't get the currently more typical crashes and Error 12s. Many of us are eager to find out and stress test this thing, once we get a properly working copy of it in our digital hands. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    igazor wrote: »
    We have more recently been led to believe that the new version of TS3 for Mac is really a 64-bit application and thus can use more than 4 GB of RAM. There aren't many players who can attest to that yet because of its flawed rollout yesterday where the new version wouldn't work for just about everyone, the fix for which is only just starting to propagate through Origin. It will reportedly take a few days to reach everyone who needs it.

We do know that the game hasn't been remastered, though. So it's quite possible that when it reaches, let's say 6 GB of usage, the game engine is going to stall out or things may otherwise fall apart even if we don't get the currently more typical crashes and Error 12s. Many of us are eager to find out and stress test this thing, once we get a properly working copy of it in our digital hands. :)
    Yes I'm the one of them who has issue with the new version. Even I don't see the new version thumbnail in my game library. :D Yes I guessed that way. Just re made for running on the 64bit operated mac and that's why EA team announced pc users can use the current 1.69 patch version. I'm looking forward to get the proper copy of the new sims 3 and want to test it on my mac. :)
  • Options
    PantasticalCatPantasticalCat Posts: 38 Member
    I'm commenting on here because apparently you need a certain number of "points" to post on the forums (weird rule) but... I've been playing sims 3 64-bit and I've come across a very weird glitch where I can't catch bugs. The mouse cursor is grayed out like there is no action there. Seeds, rocks, rodents/snakes/birds/etc (I have the pets expansion pack) are all fine, but bugs and nanites (into the future) are uncatchable???
    ~Call me Cat, compulsive storyteller!
  • Options
    I'm commenting on here because apparently you need a certain number of "points" to post on the forums (weird rule) but... I've been playing sims 3 64-bit and I've come across a very weird glitch where I can't catch bugs. The mouse cursor is grayed out like there is no action there. Seeds, rocks, rodents/snakes/birds/etc (I have the pets expansion pack) are all fine, but bugs and nanites (into the future) are uncatchable???

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/bd-p/the-sims-3-technical-issues-mac-en

You better ask here :) Because if you are a new here, then it won't allow you to make a new post to prohibit any adverts I guess.