Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disabling sims motive self consciousness

One thing that annoy me is that my sims is always running to a fridge when their hunger is orange or toilet when their bladder is full, and it made it a priority over actions that are already in their queue. it's very tiring to see that my sims just left a good conversation (friendly) or (irresistible) just to go to toilet where he can still hold it for a few hour and i have to restart the convo from the beginning.

Is there a way to prevent this without disabling their autonomy completely? i just want the sims not to make the autonomy a priority and put it at the last of the queue instead of at the first.
ihavemultiplegamertags

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    when you got to go you got to go
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2020
    Not really, and this isn't so much a matter of autonomy or free will as it is self-preservation in reaction to critical motive levels. You and I know that the sim still has a couple of sim hours (maybe) before they are at risk of emptying their bladder on the floor and maybe 12+ sim hours before they really starve to death, and maybe the motives aren't even showing up in the full red zone yet, but sims are programmed to take care of their critical needs when then can, not just when it's convenient.

For the actively played household, perhaps more user direction is in order. Routinely feed them a meal, send them to the bathroom, to bed or the nearest coffee machine, etc. before their motives drop too far?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited October 2020
    when you got to go you got to go

You're right, even sims got to go when they got to go, it's funny if i imagined them talking and then my sims got to use a toilet

"Oh hey, you know that Hank Goddard getting all cozy with the new girl in town, anyway wait a sec I need to pee real quick"

*done using the toilet

"So where were we?"
    igazor wrote: »
    Not really, and this isn't so much a matter of autonomy or free will as it is self-preservation in reaction to critical motive levels. You and I know that the sim still has a couple of sim hours (maybe) before they are at risk of emptying their bladder on the floor and maybe 12+ sim hours before they really starve to death, and maybe the motives aren't even showing up in the full red zone yet, but sims are programmed to take care of their critical needs when then can, not just when it's convenient.

For the actively played household, perhaps more user direction is in order. Routinely feed them a meal, send them to the bathroom, to bed or the nearest coffee machine, etc. before their motives drop too far?

So i guess i really need to prepare my sims by empting his bladder before sending them to a town, i kinda wish there is a mod for this. :|
    ihavemultiplegamertags