Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

November Pre Expansion Patch Speculation 2020 (Emergency Patch Out Now)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
Starting this thread early cause EP 10 is getting announced next week and it could be dropping in Early November plus the fact that this is a Pre Expansion Pack it has the potential to add new stuff to the base game.

My Guesses

Burglers and Cops cause we got Firefighters in the Eco Living Pre EP Patch.

Hopefully some kind of attraction system/chemistry/turn ons and turn offs

Hopefully more relationships added to the cas.

New Hairstyles and Clothing

Bug fixes

Maybe some new build features auto roofs(?)

Some skintones that are still broken despite being fixed may be fixed as they say thier looking into it.

More Pool Items. If EP 10 has resorts it will most likely get more pool items. If so I expect those to come to everyone in the patch since pools came for free in a patch.

Also Console gets the skin tone bugfixes PC got this month

Speculate Away.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    maybe its a pack like the sims 3 world touru i thinkvit was called or world adventures
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Maybe some new group games, likes cards and stuff. Sims 4 is greatly lacking in that department.
    Or perhaps they'll bring back the modelling career.
    A new rabbit hole career, such as lawn care since the game already has a gardener. Or maybe even a house painter career.
    How about a new pool cleaning service?
    Or bring back zombies, werewolves, and fairies?
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I'm will super duper surprise that the Pre EP patch will be an R&B radio station. Who will agree with me?
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I don't think skin tones is coming until December. Other than that, I speculate it will be either music related or dating related. Both of which would be cool and of course, bug fixes (i.e. tea appliance broke, stain glass windows and doors not appearing or working) is always welcome.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    I don't think skin tones is coming until December. Other than that, I speculate it will be either music related or dating related. Both of which would be cool and of course, bug fixes (i.e. tea appliance broke, stain glass windows and doors not appearing or working) is always welcome.

I'm talking about the skin tones that were supposed to be fixed in this months patch but are still broken. A guru says their looking into this so they may get fixed in November.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited October 2020
    Minor bug fixes, but not the ones people are asking for (i.e. gardening fix.)
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    Second home feature, a possible new vacation world will be perfect with resorts and the possibility of purchase a second home (and more) for the same family
  • Options
    quinhobp wrote: »
    Second home feature, a possible new vacation world will be perfect with resorts and the possibility of purchase a second home (and more) for the same family

Yes
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Fix the Freelance Career from Eco Lifestyle
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited October 2020
    I hope to see some of the GT doors and windows fixed. I use them a lot.

Another feature that I'd welcome is a tool to customize worlds. The debug catalogue has been expanded in the last 2 or 3 patches, however, a lot of the items are way too big for the relatively small lots that we currently have. I wouldn't like to think they only did that so we can use them with the T.O.O.L mod.
    I'm sure console players might want to create their own worlds or neighborhoods too.
    An In-Game CAW would be a great addition. Although this would require a bigger update than the one for the December 100+ skin tones & sliders patch.
  • Options
    Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    I suspect that bunk beds would be added in a patch before the end of the year. Maybe a pre-expansion patch? Maybe a winterfest gift from the devs? Cars would be a stuff pack, babies and farming would come in a game pack, respectively.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited October 2020
    I suspect that bunk beds would be added in a patch before the end of the year.

Aren't they part of the list of features that won't be added this year? I've forgotten what the list is.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm keeping my expectations low so all that I think that we will get is possibly a fix to the bugged doors, a fix for plants reverting back, a fix for playing chess etc. and a fix for the freelancer career.

But the bug fixing team (if they even exist, the only one we see is simguruNick) seems to be very far behind when it comes to fixing existing bugs.

I would like for the team to fix the skin tones as well, at least fix the bugged textures that you can see on the nose ridge. If they don't change that in December the color tones are not going to look great on a lot of skin tones.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I suspect that bunk beds would be added in a patch before the end of the year.

Aren't they part of the list of features that won't be added this year? I've forgotten what the list is.

They listed things that would not be included in the next EP. They didn't mention anything about this year.

But I don't really think we're getting bunk beds this year and whenever we get them, it certainly won't be in a patch.
  • Options
    CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    I went through some of the community surveys from January and they had stuff like burns, prosthetics, body hair, vitiligo etc. I'm hoping that they have more representation included before the skin tone patch, but it seems a bit unlikely at this point.
  • Options
    I suspect that bunk beds would be added in a patch before the end of the year. Maybe a pre-expansion patch? Maybe a winterfest gift from the devs? Cars would be a stuff pack, babies and farming would come in a game pack, respectively.

Cars are too big for a stuffpack unless they come in a free update and we get stuff for cars in an sp otherwise they'd require atleast a Gamepack.
    logion wrote: »
    I'm keeping my expectations low so all that I think that we will get is possibly a fix to the bugged doors, a fix for plants reverting back, a fix for playing chess etc. and a fix for the freelancer career.

But the bug fixing team (if they even exist, the only one we see is simguruNick) seems to be very far behind when it comes to fixing existing bugs.

I would like for the team to fix the skin tones as well, at least fix the bugged textures that you can see on the nose ridge. If they don't change that in December the color tones are not going to look great on a lot of skin tones.

There is also SimGuru Arvin and Ritzy.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    If the next expansion pack will be a winter resort, I'm not happy about it
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    edited October 2020
    Some skintones that are still broken despite being fixed may be fixed as they say thier looking into it.

Confirmed
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited October 2020
    Allow us to finally demolish the REDACTED lab in Strangerville and place what we want on it. It is among the biggest lots in the game, and I've had lots of plans for it, from simply repurposing it, to just demolishing the lot and starting over with what I want.

And, allow us to set lots as maker spaces once we build them. I have a lot I'd been building as such (for a Sim in the Engineering career as his workplace), and it wouldn't allow me to do so until I "completed active community project". Having the board isn't that big of an obstacle with me--I simply disguised it behind a wall.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »
    Allow us to finally demolish the REDACTED lab in Strangerville and place what we want on it. It is among the biggest lots in the game, and I've had lots of plans for it, from simply repurposing it, to just demolishing the lot and starting over with what I want.

And, allow us to set lots as maker spaces once we build them. I have a lot I'd been building as such (for a Sim in the Engineering career as his workplace), and it wouldn't allow me to do so until I "completed active community project". Having the board isn't that big of an obstacle with me--I simply disguised it behind a wall.

You can place every object from the maker space like thd fabricatof in the community space.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    The patch will probably come with some minor, unecessary build/buy feature again like the last few. And honestly I hope they don't give us burglars and cops if they are going to be as bad asthe firefighters. That would be a mess. The Sims 4 isn't build for that.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    I'm hoping for the option of 2nd homes in the Nov Update.
  • Options
    AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    Anything personality- and/or relation-related would be greatly appreciated! ^^
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    just want them to make a more stale version of the game cuz the amount of bugs i have seen the past few weeks is jarring.
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    The patch will probably come with some minor, unecessary build/buy feature again like the last few. And honestly I hope they don't give us burglars and cops if they are going to be as bad asthe firefighters. That would be a mess. The Sims 4 isn't build for that.

This is exactly what I fear because I barely see the firefighters and when I do, they just stand there. I was/am anticipating Burglars but will they just burgle sinks? And if we call the cops will they just stand there as the thief gets away slowly? Lol

AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!