Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fixed Worlds?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Someone the onedrive issue fixed on it's own and my sims3 folder no longer syncs, so I was able to make a fresh folder and reinstall everything I have that wouldn't show plus what was in game before.
    I'm however having troubles installing worlds, although I realized after some research that they go in a different folder, not in InstalledWorlds. How do I get to the installation folder where the .world properly goes? I've only recently used the normal folder to add my cc and mods and don't remember where to go to install .world. I'm planning on reinstalling Beach City, adding Longview and Fixed Sunset Valley and Isla Paradiso.I
    I'm also still confused on why the SV2020 still doesn't show in-game. Maybe I'm messing that up the same way I'm messing up proper location for .world files.

On the positive side, I'm organizing my mods folder so I can find problem spots easier in the future.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited December 2020
    I'm planning on reinstalling Beach City, adding Longview and Fixed Sunset Valley and Isla Paradiso.
    You have to read the instructions. Your examples go to different places and cannot be treated the same. For Beach City or Longview, I'd suggest you use the Sims3pack versions and install them via the launcher (getting .world files of custom worlds to show up is tricky if you don't use the launcher). The world files will then show up in the "Installed Worlds" folder in the "The Sims 3" folder in Documents.

The fixed world versions of Sunset Valley and Isla Paradiso each go to completely different places, which are not in the Documents folder. For Sunset Valley on Origin that would be ...\Origin Games\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds\Sunset Valley.world , with the three dots standing in for the place where you install your Origin Games. For Steam, that would be where you install your Steam games instead. Isla Paradiso goes to a different place again. It tells you where where you get the files. Or just make a search on your computer for those two files, as the default versions are already at the right places.
    I'm also still confused on why the SV2020 still doesn't show in-game. Maybe I'm messing that up the same way I'm messing up proper location for .world files.
    SV2020 would also show up with the wrong world file, it would just look bad and have a few routing issues. In order to use SV2020, you put the savegame you download from the site where you get it into your "Saved Games" folder and load that savegame. Note that you have to scroll a bit, as that savegame is obviously a few months old. Make sure your "Saved Games" folder isn't too full, or older saves won't show.

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I've decided to give the fixed world another go. I'm so indecisive sometimes. I just want my game to run as well as it possibly can and if I have to deal with a few graphical oddities here and there then I guess it's worth it.
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited December 2020
    @Turjan Thanks I'll try that and let you know if it works out ok.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I know I probably seem super fussy here but just can't deal with the graphic glitches in Sunset Valley fixed world. I guess it's lucky that I play in one of the less troubled worlds when it comes to routing problems. :D
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited December 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I know I probably seem super fussy here but just can't deal with the graphic glitches in Sunset Valley fixed world. I guess it's lucky that I play in one of the less troubled worlds when it comes to routing problems. :D

Haha don't worry, I can't deal with the graphical glitch either, I endured the glitches for quite a while, but when my Sims visited my favorite fishing spot the terrain glitch was almost everywhere, as well as my favorite hangout which is behind the city hall, and I said enough is enough lol
    ihavemultiplegamertags