Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Great Career Imbalance

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ConfutusConfutus Posts: 113 Member
    In the one game I'm playing rotationally, with the premade characters, I change their jobs to match their aspirations. Otherwise, I don't much care.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I go through and change a lot of the sims jobs for more variety
    I change the careers for many of the premades, especially the single ones, just in case my Sims get romantically interested in one of them. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    edited October 2020
    I don't change any because I don't care what jobs unplayed sims have
    One thing I have done in the past for my sims starting a new job is create a club with NPCs in the same career. Then during a gathering, use the "ask about career" interaction to find out how far up the ladder they are. If a sim is at the top of the ladder, hone in on them for a relationship. It's a fast track for greater riches!

On the other hand, Rohan Elderberry is the only judge in my entire world so he cannot do this.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I never play the premade sims, so I don't care.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Other (please do tell!)
    Yes, the career imbalance bothers me. Gameplay mechanics in the game are imbalanced altogether. You’ll only find clubs in Windenburg, you’ll only find lot traits in San Myshuno, you’ll only find pets in Brindleton Bay, you’ll only find sims with reputations in Del Sol Valley, no existing sim has any character value traits, etc.

I usually remedy this by using a custom save file, but I haven’t found a single save that accommodates my very specific play style.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Other (please do tell!)
    @elanorbreton I loaded a couple of the households I remember having registered with the Ministry of Labour, and they all still had their job descriptions:

Here are some, I don't include all.

They're in 'swenglish', but I think you get the point.
    Broker/Fixer, first sim in my TS4 sim universe, started the save a year ago, often load this household:
    u10jhb6.png

Old Lady, set up the household and have not played them since:
    ETxcT75.png

Three musician household, set them up, gave them their jobs, have loaded them since:
    RZ8WHUc.png

Rv064ur.png

WGdx7Xs.png
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I play a lot of my own sims but I don't worry about sims that I'm not playing.

I do pick various different careers for my own households though there are some repeats.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I go through and change a lot of the sims jobs for more variety
    @Auroraskies thanks so much for coming back to confirm that. I will be able to register my self-employed sims again with confidence!