Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please no autonomous woohoo

iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
I have ace couples that don't woohoo. I really wish I could disable autonomous woohoo. Or maybe even have a special no woohoo aspiration reward trait I could give my sims. My sims should be able to have woohoo-free relationships.

Kinda irritated because I just caught one of my ace couples woohooing on love day. It's not for them. :(
Post edited by iliekponiez on

Comments

• Options
    Oops! Could someone move this to feedback?
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I have seen some people say that sims do it autonomously, but in the six years of playing the Sims 4 I have honestly never had sims woohoo autonomously. Ever.

I am not sure if it is a low weighted autonomous action or there has always been something else for my couples to do, but it seems odd to not see it in 6 years. Perchance could it be a mod issue?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited September 2020
    big mood and even if my sims ain't ace its just ridiculous when they suddenly decide to walk through whole jungle back to camp cause woohoo like bruh we tryna uncover ancient temple stop being 🐸🐸🐸🐸

its not like this is outlander or something
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    also its not mods i play vanilla
    but i have been wondering if its the tents cause thats where they seem to prefer when they suddenly decide to woohoo
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I have seen some people say that sims do it autonomously, but in the six years of playing the Sims 4 I have honestly never had sims woohoo autonomously. Ever.

I am not sure if it is a low weighted autonomous action or there has always been something else for my couples to do, but it seems odd to not see it in 6 years. Perchance could it be a mod issue?

It's most likely not a mod issue. The problem is that woohoo is a conversation choice. I play with autonomy off, so basically the only choices my sims can make by themselves are their conversation topics and one of those is to woohoo. It's rare (I had it maybe four or five times since launch?), but when it happens it is jarring. (Or used to be jarring, because MCCC's Tuner module can blacklist autonomous woohoo.)
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I think it has to do with how strong the relationship is. I've had married couples where the green/pink bars were filled, and that would happen sometimes
  • Options
    SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    A lot of my couples autonomously wohoo. Especially my gay vampire couple. They autonomously woohoo just about every.. single .. day. Especially if they talk to each other for a long time. (They are also the chattiest couple I have). They are extremely compatible so that could be why. They both have very similar traits. They are also my most faithful and loving couple I have at the moment.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I have never had autonomous woohoo in my game... but then I don't give my sims a lot of free time without instruction from me so perhaps it's lack of opportunity. I do have autonomy on and when they are without instructions they tend to do the typical things of play with computer or wash the dishes or drink a glass of water. Maybe when you have autonomy off so they can't do that stuff, woohoo moves up the list.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    You can turn that off with MC Command Center, MC Woohoo module. I did that when Maxis added autonomous woohoo in an update, I don't mind it that much but they always seemed to pick the worst moments to do it.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Daephene wrote: »
    I have never had autonomous woohoo in my game... but then I don't give my sims a lot of free time without instruction from me so perhaps it's lack of opportunity. I do have autonomy on and when they are without instructions they tend to do the typical things of play with computer or wash the dishes or drink a glass of water. Maybe when you have autonomy off so they can't do that stuff, woohoo moves up the list.

hmm perhaps the tents are also more usual auto woohoo spot in my game cause every woohoo spot has separate convo choice so when there is multiple spots there is bigger chance your sims hit that woohoo interaction *rubs chin* and tent just happens to get picked like 90% of time cause idk? hippies?*shoulder raise*
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited September 2020
    I've had it at times. My married couples have even tried for baby autonomously a few times (Playing vanilla so not a mod).

I don't usually mind but one time my straight married male who was very faithful to his wife suddenly decided to autonomously woohoo with another male customer in the back of his retail store he was currently running. I can only assume it was a bug as never had that happen again, and I exited without saving so he wouldn't have the pink romance bar with anyone but his wife. He was supposed to be a faithful husband character so I was quite annoyed at him, haha!
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2020
    I've never had this happen in game without mods. When I first started using the Slice of Life mod my sims were very naughty but I learned how to stop that and now they behave again. :D
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Yeah, I'd rec MCCC too if it's that important to your game.

I've had sims couples who autonomously woohoo. I've never had an autonomous try for baby though. It's always been the extremely compatible couples who are really into each other who do this. I love it, I think it's adorable (and pretty funny). Please don't nerf it, Sims team.
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Wow, I think I must be playing a different game. My sims get whims to woohoo but have never acted on it. To autonomously try for a baby whould be icing on the cake for me but I can see how it would upset some. I want some cake.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    Wow, I think I must be playing a different game. My sims get whims to woohoo but have never acted on it. To autonomously try for a baby whould be icing on the cake for me but I can see how it would upset some. I want some cake.

Me too! Autonomous try for baby would be so cool for those extra cute couples.
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited September 2020
    I've only ever had Sims autonomously woohoo when the pink and green bars are both really high. I did play one Sim who had no interest in romance of any kind, so she was a bit easier, since she rarely got the pink bar with anyone. When she did (usually from responding to a townie flirting after she'd watched a romantic movie), she'd ask to be just friends right away. I can see how having a couple you don't want to woohoo could be frustrating. The only thing I can think of is removing anything in the house they can potentially woohoo in, and that's a lot of stuff if you have all the DLC. No closets, showers, or double beds? Not a very practical solution. :(
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I really like that the game does this, so I really wouldn’t want to see it removed. However for players that don’t want it, maybe tie it into the unflirty trait, or offer a reward trait as the OP mentioned.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @logion This is silly question, but what does MCC stand for again? I know the mod, I just forgot what the name means. :D

I'm not asking for the devs to remove anything. I just want options for my ace sims. <3
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I've only ever had Sims autonomously woohoo when the pink and green bars are both really high. I did play one Sim who had no interest in romance of any kind, so she was a bit easier, since she rarely got the pink bar with anyone. When she did (usually from responding to a townie flirting after she'd watched a romantic movie), she'd ask to be just friends right away. I can see how having a couple you don't want to woohoo could be frustrating. The only thing I can think of is removing anything in the house they can potentially woohoo in, and that's a lot of stuff if you have all the DLC. No closets, showers, or double beds? Not a very practical solution. :(

Even that doesn't work on some locations haha. My married couple live in Sulani near the waterfall and head over their for autonomous woohoo once in awhile lol
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited September 2020
    @logion This is silly question, but what does MCC stand for again? I know the mod, I just forgot what the name means. :D

I'm not asking for the devs to remove anything. I just want options for my ace sims. <3
    I know this wasn’t directed at me but, it stands for MC command center.
    I completely agree that options are the key to making this game work for everyone’s play style! :)

Edit: oops I believe the MC stands for master controller
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited September 2020
    Or maybe even have a special no woohoo aspiration reward trait I could give my sims.
    That would be so cool! I'd love to have that :)

I think it's sweet when my sims autonomously woohoo. It kinda makes me feel that they really like each other, but then again, I have never experienced it with sims that weren't supposed to woohoo. I understand it can be annoying.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    This already happened to me twice (without mods) and destroyed my whole storyline :D .
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Daephene wrote: »

Same here. I’ve never had it happen autonomously, I play with autonomy on, and I monitor my Sims’ actions closely.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Autonomous woohoo is indeed a rare thing.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Hm, I never ever had a couple woohoo without me forcing them to do so. Someone mentioned the tents, I probably only sent single sims into the jungle.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg