Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons, Island Living, and terrible snow storms in Sulani

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited October 2020
    Isharell wrote: »
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Would be nice for Winterfest, honestly! Winter deco looks so out of place next to palm trees and sand and sims in bathing attire.

Santa Claus and tinsel does look weird in the tropics at first. But you can get used to seeing Winter/holiday decorations with palm trees after a while. I live in Florida - no snow down here, but at holiday time they bling up the palm trees. Now it seems quite normal to me - people wearing shorts or bathing suits walking by lush greenery and palm trees decorated with Christmas lights, with light up elves, snowmen, etc on a green lawn. LOL

edited to respond to the right person

This is the stuff I only see in movies :D I live in a country that has cold and snow practically half the year (Norway). It started to chill in mid September here, and won't have any warmth to speak of until maybe March/April. We are quite used to having white christmas, although we have less snow some years. But its unpredictable, we had huge snowfalls in April/May 2 years ago. Followed by a very hot summer, though. Too much of everything that year :D
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Did you check the calendar and see if it was "Mysterious weather", like MDianaSims mentioned? Because that was the first thing that popped into my head. Personally, I've never seen it, its never happened in any of my saves. And I've had sims living there since the release of IL, almost exclusively. Would be nice for Winterfest, honestly! Winter deco looks so out of place next to palm trees and sand and sims in bathing attire.

I couldn't find the issue on AHQ, could be nobody else has experienced this, or they just didn't bother to make a report on it. I did search for "snow sulani" and "snowstorm", but nothing spesific came up. Couldn't find anything in the compiled list either, when looking at IL and Seasons lists. Might be worth it to post there also?

Does Sulani get mysterious weather? I haven't seen that either. I love that weather. Everything happens. Oh, wait... did anyone ask if you have the weather machine?

I think it does anyway, but it must be extremely rare weather. I've spent much time in Sulani, and I can't remember ever seeing it. I've seen mysterious weather more in Oasis Springs, but that was before IL released. I tend to choose the warmer climate worlds for my sims. And Sulani is perfect, no freezing or heatwaves. Never had snow there, but now I really would like to, just to see how it looks. Have to check if my current sim can afford that weather machine :)
  • Options
    LeilathaLeilatha Posts: 24 Member
    I've never seen snow in Sulani, Del Sol Valley, Oasis Spring and StrangerVille, and I also use a couple of mods including MCC. All I can think of is a weather machine or mysterious weather. I checked in internet and someone had a similar problem when they installed the weather mod. Even after removing the mod, the problem persisted. You could try disabling mods, fix the game through origin and then check. Just to be sure. If not, and it still bothers you a lot, maybe uninstall and install Seasons & Island Living or the entire game? How long have you had this problem? Maybe the update broke something and they will fix it soon?
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Oasis Spring can get snow, but it never stays on the ground (very realistic actually; if it's a few degrees above freezing you can get snow instead of rain, but it melts when touching the ground).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek