Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Droid Interaction Idea

sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I know that droids can follow their owner around Batuu, except for when their owner is exploring the cave that's found in the resitance district of Batuu. What I want to know is, is it possible to have the droids follow their owners around the home worlds when their owners return home?
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Currently, not to my knowledge. Droids back in your home world are basically just toys. But it should be possible for a modder to write a script that keeps the interactivity of the droids in all worlds the same as on Batuu.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm waiting for someone to mod this. I want it also.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I suspect part of the reason they can't follow is because of stairs. But I still wish they could.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I suspect part of the reason they can't follow is because of stairs. But I still wish they could.

That is a good point regarding the stairs. I just had a vision of one of those stairlifts with a droid in it heading for the second floor...
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

I had thought that was the reason too, but then my droid just ported themselves down the stairs in the resistance base to follow me... so that can't be it. :/

I'd also love it if they could follow them at home. I was a little sad when I found them basically to be like talking radios at home.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Camkat wrote: »

I had thought that was the reason too, but then my droid just ported themselves down the stairs in the resistance base to follow me... so that can't be it. :/

I'd also love it if they could follow them at home. I was a little sad when I found them basically to be like talking radios at home.

Gosh, that's cool about how the droid handle the stairs. I haven't played the Resistance path yet.

My little droid sits on the edge of the street in front of the house doing nothing. He looks so pitiful. The first time a neighbor went by I had a sudden dread that they would steal him, LOL.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Isharell wrote: »

Gosh, that's cool about how the droid handle the stairs. I haven't played the Resistance path yet.

I was playing First Order and breaking into their base when it happened :#
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Camkat wrote: »

I was playing First Order and breaking into their base when it happened :#

LOL - Oh, that could be a problem! "Sorry Resistance Leader, I just can't control my little droid. He is constantly barging into other people's homes! Bad Droidy, bad, bad, bad. No fresh battery pack for you!"
  • Options
    Many people would. But sadly, like kemowery had done said, { Droids are basically just toys when their owner is back on their home world. But just imagine the possibilities of what fun and story telling if droids wasn't that way on the home worlds. Just imagine of what you can do to that sim that keeps on bugging your sim. Or your sim's cheating spouse. :D
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Many people would. But sadly, like kemowery had done said, { Droids are basically just toys when their owner is back on their home world. But just imagine the possibilities of what fun and story telling if droids wasn't that way on the home worlds. Just imagine of what you can do to that sim that keeps on bugging your sim. Or your sim's cheating spouse. :D

Oh, yes, wouldn't it be fun if we could have our droid Zap sims in our home world! Plus I miss having it following me around, beeping happily.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    sunman502 wrote: »

Oh, yes, wouldn't it be fun if we could have our droid Zap sims in our home world! Plus I miss having it following me around, beeping happily.
    I too miss the little droids following my sim around and beeping. As strange as it may sound having a droid do that kind of grows on yeh.