Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey to Baatu - Kyber Crystal colors

Is anyone else having an issue with the 'Black' kyber crystal appearing identical in color to the 'Red' one?

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Is anyone else having an issue with the 'Black' kyber crystal appearing identical in color to the 'Red' one?

No it definitely has its own colour in my game
  • Options
    Loaded my game to take a pic for you ;)

lVPMdtw.png
  • Options
    Rob_E_CoyoteRob_E_Coyote Posts: 51 Member
    Sorry, I was meaning when it's placed in a lightsaber. It's still black in the inventory icon, just the saber blade color is the exact same as a red one.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    aaah well I have more than enough (battling to find the right 3) to test that for you :)

Yip you are indeed correct. The black crystal gives a red lightsaberlight

7MSK8ac.png
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Sorry, I was meaning when it's placed in a lightsaber. It's still black in the inventory icon, just the saber blade color is the exact same as a red one.

That's how it's meant to be. I think SimGuruRomeo posted about this in a tweet. Apparently black crystals are extra special.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    The black kyber crystal will be red when in a lightsaber. That’s the way it’s supposed to be. No Darksaber there.

It’s just a rare (very) color crystal.
  • Options
    Rob_E_CoyoteRob_E_Coyote Posts: 51 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    The black kyber crystal will be red when in a lightsaber. That’s the way it’s supposed to be. No Darksaber there.

That's a real shame. All the other crystals seem to do different color blades. I was really excited when I found a black one.

As for being very rare....my sim has found 5 of them on three trips to Baatu...he has more of them than he has blue crystals. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »

That's a real shame. All the other crystals seem to do different color blades. I was really excited when I found a black one.

As for being very rare....my sim has found 5 of them on three trips to Baatu...he has more of them than he has blue crystals. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think they're rare in the wild (real world). I've heard there's something about the packaging of the crystals that you can't tell which one you're buying. The black one is supposed to be
    Snoke's voice
    if you put it into the Holocron.