Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help me finish my new Sim. A quick Q&A game.

This is Darin (at least, that's his name for the moment while a WIP...)
oJkjoKh.png
pT4EBDO.png
cOnmsdY.png

This is also Darin
SHF37p5.png
gNM6BjK.png
UWP8GGO.png

He is young, cheeky (going to experiment with mischief skill..) and all around a GOOFBALL.
He is also a scientist, with particular interests in biology, botany and robotics. He LOVES the OUTDOORS (in good weather).
He's also unsupervised by elders for the first time and adjusting to life without a number of the 'modern conveniences' he is used to. In his free time he prefers television and video games to exerting himself in exercise. Therefore he can appear to the casual observer to be LAZY.

Comments

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    I am going to do something a little different and ask some questions to help me make the final decisions to finish Darin off and put him in my new game.

First answer is it!

Question ONE: Should Darin's bonus trait be
    - Alluring (female Sims particularly are drawn to him)
    - Collector (to assist with his scientific, investigative and collecting persuits)
    - Quick Learner (smarter than the average Sim)
    - Dastardly (opposite of alluring or gregarious, Sims just find him abrasive)
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    I say give him the Collector one since he is into biology, botany and robotic.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Thanks @Colorist40

Question TWO: Is Darin a dog or a cat 'Sim'? (Okay, yeah, he probably likes both, but which has the edge over the other as a personal pet for him?)
  • Options
    I say make him a dog sim as they are better at collecting I think so lol.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Good point Colorist.

Here comes a tricky one.

Question THREE: Should Darin live:
    - in a run down apartment in San Myshuno (blending in).
    - in Nookstone in Oasis Springs (because I kind of want him to be an actual scientist and the lab looks especially desert-like).
    - in Sulani (renovated Lagoon Look, probably. This might necessitate changing from scientist to conservationist...)
    - in a starter home downloaded from the Gallery (probably in Willow Creek, but would depend on the lot in question. Specific suggestions welcome.)
    - in the abandoned looking little shack I built for Dashunds Creek in Brindleton Bay.
    - in a brand new, purpose built alien build.
  • Options
    qLx5d79.png
    Here is Darin's companion, Frankie. Thanks ANB131 for their improved Pug.
    Like Darin, Frankie is more than he appears.
  • Options
    That is a hard one. I think you should put him in the abandoned little shack in Brindleton Bay that you built. I see him in a run down place. After all it is the first time he is out on his own, so I think living in a not so great place would fit the situation. I don't know if he wants to keep his alien dna a secret, but that would be a good place I think to do it. Also since he loves outdoors that gives him a chance to be outside a lot.
  • Options
    LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    i agree he should live in rhe shack also becuase dog parks are near and vets are near for him
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    alien build! Cute puppy
    :) Smile!

• Options
    Here are some shots of the abandoned little house in Brindleton Bay
    g5GkOwE.png
    VXTwp9z.png
    9ztXFF7.png
    dCkiSsy.png

It's off the grid and hopefully they wont be in it long...
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Another question

Question FOUR: Why is Darin here?
    - He pulled one of his pranks on someone a little too high up and/or went too far. His misdemeanor earned him banishment (justly or unjustly).
    - An incident with the wormhole gate accidently transported him.
    - He is part of a group researching possibilities for colonization, but he got seperated
    - He is fleeing an arranged pairing/marriage and in the disagreement with his family ran away (far away)

If you have some other creative idea, please feel free to share. I reserve the right to accept/reject though.
    I'd sort of like to set his money to zero (he is here with no resources, the cottage is a find that was there already...) but last time I tried I found it simply too hard! :/ Darin knows the language and some of how to interact with Sims (unlike my last stranded alien).

Money making ideas welcome/needed!
  • Options
    the last one becuase its interesting like maybye his family discquse themselfs as humans to take him back or somthing
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    He's a botanist, he came here to search for Mother. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Come to think of it @Lief, that scenario gives a good excuse for him to have clothes. Of course he will have packed some to go start his new life (or at least make himself scarce for a while). Travel by wormhole still makes sense, but deliberate. Thus, no ship, no parents coming too soon to collect him. He could even have some earth currency (but not much..)

I totally could add in parents and/or intended. That could be awesome. Look for question five.

@crocobaura I would love to do Strangerville, but I don’t own the pack, yet.
    I will send him to the temples in Selvadorada though...
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Question FIVE: Should Darin ideally end up with:
    -an alien (I have a great female from a previous project that may suit very well, see above comments also)
    -a helpful human, such as a work colleague from the laboratory
    -an unsuspecting human (Double Life game achievement)

Again, further suggestions welcome, with veto power. Also, actual storyline may be superseded by events in gameplay.
  • Options
    BTW, do male aliens get pregnant from abduction?? :o
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    Come to think of it @Lief, that scenario gives a good excuse for him to have clothes. Of course he will have packed some to go start his new life (or at least make himself scarce for a while). Travel by wormhole still makes sense, but deliberate. Thus, no ship, no parents coming too soon to collect him. He could even have some earth currency (but not much..)

I totally could add in parents and/or intended. That could be awesome. Look for question five.

@crocobaura I would love to do Strangerville, but I don’t own the pack, yet.
    I will send him to the temples in Selvadorada though...

Until he finds Mother he could look for other elusive plants, he could even grow a forest of cowplants.
  • Options
    I just realised being a botanist gives him a great reason to make money by gardening. At least at first.
    I might have to buy the sale table and sell the flowers manually, just selling through inventory doesn’t quite seem like enough.

And I guess that because he is not here accidentally, he has a good excuse to either go to university (maybe the lab needs him to be qualified before hiring him) or work sooner than later. Why waste time? In my previous project, my alien didn’t know enough to be able to get work, and like I said, it was TOO hard.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Still waiting on an answer to question five (and any other comments) but Darin is moved in.

It was pretty funny. The Delgato’s came around as welcome wagon. I thought, it’s a human dwelling, he can let them in.
    Don’t know what happened, but Supriya saw though the disguise. (Not sure if it was Discuss Interests). So, I had Justin leave and memory wiped her!

Then Frankie needed to potty, I imagine Darin having a conversation with him “Dude, whatever you do, don’t do it inside”.
    Well, Darin stepped in the p o o p. It was like Frankie was “Ha ha mate” and Darin was “Not cool!”
  • Options
    I think it would be fun to have him with an unsuspecting human, or how about a lady scientist who knows he is an alien and is with him to study him and make money on her findings?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I suppose I could try combine the two, by making her unsuspecting until they get together. To get the achievement they’ll have to get married... mmm

I would really like to bring in another previous character/Sim. Only problem, in my head she prefers females. It would be sort of interesting to have her marry Darin (not knowing he’s an alien), be with him for a bit but then have an affair?? I may be getting way too far ahead of myself. :p
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I was also thinking it should be an unsuspecting female scientist. Maybe she loves rocket science but does not believe that aliens are real. She's a scientist so she only believes in evidence and has never encountered any aliens before. If anything, she's actively trying to prove that aliens do not exist, so she's building a rocket ship to explore space and prove herself right.

As an earthy sim, she also loves gardening, trees and plants, but she does love the outdoors.

That's probably where I'd go with it anyway.

How long can he hide his identity, because he falls in love with her but is afraid that she'll reject him if she knows the truth?
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Seems I have another question. What I might do after is make a story thread with some of the screenshots I am getting. That could have periodic questions too. Anyway,

Question SIX: Should Darin go straight into the Scientist career or Attend University?
    Note, if he goes to university I will likely get him to live in the dorms. This does depend on Frankie though, I think we can’t have pets in the dorms. If he becomes a low level scientist, the housing situation is far more fluid. He could upgrade his house, move to Oasis Springs or just about anything really.
  • Options
    Because of the issue with Frankie, I suspect you are right, I say just jump into the scientist career. You can say that because he is an alien he has a knack for science.
  • Options
    he should jump into the carrer