Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Loading Bar Stuck

Can someone help? I am 100% ready to lose my 🌺🌺🌺🌺. My Sims 3 game is taking ages to load, and the loading bar keeps getting stuck. If I wait an hour or even two, the game will load eventually but it's ridiculous I have to wait that long. The beginning part of the game loads fine, but once I select a family it always gets stuck. I have tried:
Save cleaner
SP3e to delete all the images
Disabling memories and using Nraas to delete all memories
Increasing the amount of RAM Sims 3 can use
The Nraas mod that's supposed to tell you if you have a corrupt file.
Messing about with the Sims 3 files (renaming the backup to the usual game, doing a factory reset and putting my saves back in.

These have made the bar move a little quicker, but it still inevitably gets stuck for over an hour. When I go onto Task Manager, it says the game is not responding. To be fair, the family I'm trying to load is pretty 🌺🌺🌺🌺 big (the Whelohff family with max Sims capacity), and when I tried a smaller family it didn't get stuck for anywhere NEAR as long (perhaps only 30 secs?). Is it just that it's a huge family? Is there anything I can do when it finally loads to try and minimise the loading time? I don't think the save is corrupt as it DOES load, it just takes freakin' forever.

@igazor - I've seen you around on old posts trying to help with this... any tips?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2020
    There is no way to increase the amount of RAM that TS3 can use; on Windows the limit is ~3.7 GB, just short of the total 4 GB that any 32-bit application can address. On the Mac version of the game, it's 2 GB. Can we get some specs on the system you are playing on? (processor, RAM, graphics card, hard drive size and space free, how many and which EPs are in play)

There is no NRaas mod that detects corrupt files, I'm guessing you mean either ErrorTrap (does other, different helpful things) or Delphy's Dashboard (not ours and it's a utility not really a mod), but those are just guesses so that one might need some clarification.

There is also no real (hard) limit on a household size if you are using NRaas mods because they allow us to set our own limits or just not have any. How many sims are in this household now? We have had players come to us with households of 30 or 40 sims; in most cases that's just going to be way too much for the game engine to handle under any circumstances. In some cases, it depends on the world, the sims' history, and the player's system, even 15 in one household would be too many.

And if using MasterController, what is the world's town resident population? (On City Hall, NRaas > MC > Demographics > Population > ("X" to dismiss the filter)

But it should be said that corruption is not an all or nothing thing, it can set in slowly and build over time making an ongoing game less and less playable. The mods that work pretty hard to help prevent that are Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Register, Traffic, to an extent GoHere, Traveler if any form of world travel is in play, and MasterController for its Reset Everything command on the Town menu at City Hall. Other mods may be adding to the stress over time rather than help relieving it; any what seem to be hard-hitting script or core mods from other sources?
    https://www.nraas.net/community/TIPS-FOR-BETTER-GAME-PERFORMANCE

If a game with a smaller active household loads up normally, and a newly started test game does as well, then we do kind of have to conclude that it's something not yet identified or confirmed with the save in question, the one with the large active household, that for some reason or another is causing the problem.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    @SimCat68 When someone is requesting technical help I think the first step should always be to provide a fresh DxDiag report on the computer in question.

How to gather information on your PC using DxDiag

After the report is finished, upload it to Pastebin and put a link to it in your next comment here.