Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Warning* Journey to Baatu seems to really mess sims over...

Rob_E_CoyoteRob_E_Coyote Posts: 51 Member
This pack is *not* Occult Sim friendly in any way.
Occult Sims lose all of their powers and interactions. This is deadly when it comes to Vampires, as they can no longer feed at all (Your sims inventory is cleared of everything not originating from Baatu, so you can't bring Plasma Packs with you). There are no actual showers or baths on any of the Baatu lots, just a rabbithole that fills Hygiene/Hydration. It does *not* reset the Mermaid being in water, so your time on vacation there is very limited if you don't want to lose your Occult status as Mermaid.

Lastly, on return from Baatu, it seems that if you sim has an Occult Form (Vampires and Mermaids), it automatically applies the 'sync appearance' to your base human form, so if you have it differing by eye type, teeth, hairstyle, hair colour.... you lose it all.

All of these should be correctable, so I'm going to assume they are bugs for the time being. Hopefully they will be fixed asap, as it currently makes Journey to Baatu very uncomfortable for Occult Sims.
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Oh no that sounds awful
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I imagine that there will be mods to fix that soon. When I do get the pack, a primary interest is having my vampire sample the local "cuisine". His palate is nothing if not cosmopolitan.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I hope this is a bug/oversight and that the devs fix it!
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I have way too many Occult sims for this kind of bug :/ I'll hold off on buying for now I guess.
  • Options
    GracieO312 wrote: »

I have a feeling that it may be by design. The devs may not want players skipping quests by accessing areas ahead of time via bat and mist forms, like how you can bypass roped off areas in Get Famous.
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »

I have a feeling that it may be by design. The devs may not want players skipping quests by accessing areas ahead of time via bat and mist forms, like how you can bypass roped off areas in Get Famous.

Nooooo! :disappointed:
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »

Nooooo! :disappointed:

Yeah, it's kind of a downer. However, it is probably something that modders will take care of for us.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Oh no hope either a mod fixes it or it wasn’t intentional. I’m not a big occult user but that is terrible for those that are.
  • Options
    BaishunBaishun Posts: 23 Member
    > @OEII1001 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I have a feeling that it may be by design. The devs may not want players skipping quests by accessing areas ahead of time via bat and mist forms, like how you can bypass roped off areas in Get Famous.

There really aren't areas like this in Batuu.

If it *was* intentional, I imagine it was for balance purposes so you have to put in some work with the locals to get your relationships with them up without using a lot of the the perks and powers from Occult sims to get there too quickly. If so, though, it was a poor decision, since a lot of that relationship-building is a little tedious in a "vacation" setting.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited September 2020
    Goodness gracious. I have never been so grateful that a bugged pack had not interested me before. This sounds absolutely horrendous.

This being said, I cannot see much of an excuse for this. Balance? Really? Being a celebrity sweeps all that away and I assume it is not disabled in Batuu.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I kind of have a suspicion that the removal of occult powers is intentional, and I would make an educated guess that it's a requirement from Disney so you don't have player Sims outshining their canon characters..like setting fire to Kylo Ren or Rey for a totally not specific I was in no way going to do that example.

Well if you want to do that, I found a way... ;)

I can't see balance as a reason. The friendly reward trait or being a celeb or simply 'take photo with' are really just as fast. The only benefit as far as game play would be not having to walk round the neighbourhood.
    If this was intended and is not a bug it is a poor design choice and shows lack of understanding of some of their occult players. Please don't restrict game play unnecessarily, the tag for the game is 'play your way' and for this pack, 'tell your star wars story'. Let me play my wizard in Batuu story! Especially as occult players are the ones most likely to be disappointed in the lack of force powers and some pre release talked about how they are going to use occults to achieve what is missing.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    This pack is just becoming more and more of a joke.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    A note from Scarlet on the AHQ post:
    My vampire's thirst was filled up when I had him Freshen Up at the Cantina. Seemed like this was intentional because when he was freshening up, I hovered over the interaction in his queue and it said "Drink Uncontrollably".
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited September 2020
    My vampire's thirst was filled up when I had him Freshen Up at the Cantina. Seemed like this was intentional because when he was freshening up, I hovered over the interaction in his queue and it said "Drink Uncontrollably".

Not intentional then. Drink uncontrollably is an interaction that happens when your vampires thirst reaches 0. It results in a massive relationship hit both for the targeted sim and anyone around, as well as a reputation hit. You cannot control your sim during this time.

It only happens when your vampires reaches 0 thirst, or if they're in an angry mood.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member

I can confrim this, just had my vampire freshen up and it filled her hunger, no "drink uncontrollably" either.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    So vamps and spellcasters can't use their powers at all on Batuu? What the heck? Basically your sims can't even pretend to be Force sensitive XD
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Aw nuts, and I was going to have my spellcaster transportalate from area to area to save time. No wonder he was walking. Rats!!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Dang. The one thing I was hoping to do with this pack is basically turn Batuu into my own alien space. (Sixam is so tiny; you can't really build much there.) What happens to Servos?
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    That is bad news. No powers on batuu is annoying but messed up second forms when they arrive home is really annoying.
  • Options
    Rob_E_CoyoteRob_E_Coyote Posts: 51 Member
    I've been slowly re-adding my CC, and have found that custom spells and abilities for Occults do work on Baatu. It's just the basic ones don't, so I'm very hopeful some lovely modder is going to sort this pretty soon.

You can of course change the forms back again as soon as you get home, but it's very annoying to have to do so, especially if you'd made quite substantial changes so you'll never be able to get them back perfectly (For example, I tend to make my Vampire's dark forms more gaunt and with sharper predatory features than their human form...same with mermaids, I tend to make them look uncanny valley inhuman, with larger, further set eyes, wider mouth etc)

Good news that Freshen at the outpost refills plasma need for vampires. (My vamp I took there had perks meaning they didn't need to refill hygiene so i wasn't going back to use it)

I'm afraid I have no idea about Servo's, don't have any sims who have one atm.

As with everything, there will be ways past these issues, whether it be console commands or mods. But I always prefer for a solution to be from the devs, so it's official.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    The vampire dark forms resetting definitely sounds like a bug. As for the lack of occult powers I really hope this is an oversight...

@SimGuruNick could you please confirm if the lack of occult powers in Batuu is a glitch or by design?
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    And if you don't like using mods cuz they're always busting up your game?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    edited September 2020
    That's most likely a bug, i went there with morgyn and caleb. And saw i can't use any powers at all. But then i was in the first order building i could see the inferniate interaction, also the zipzap on some objects. He could also build charge and duel with ither spellcasters. Caleb could only show his dark form. But i didn't try it. Maybe it'd copy his normal form to the dark.
    Also my sister had 14 glimmerstones in her inventory, seems like they get one whenever we load to another neighborhood.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Thanks for the heads up on the pack. I normally play occults and don't like that occults are yet again messed up because of a pack being released.

I'll buy this pack later on. I have a few crews for Malifaux and armies for Warhammer 40k that are much more important to get first in my opinion. Sorry for putting Sims last on my list.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]