Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: SW:JB Sept.-Oct. 2020

Comments

• Options
    CarolynCarolyn Posts: 3 New Member
    hi, since the new update, the Hispanic heritage pack, my mods and custom content aren't working and are immediately being disabled. I have tried repairing my mom and resetting my computer and neither have worked, can anyone help? i dont want to have to reinstall new custom content or stop playing the game altogether :/
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Thanks, @simvasion !
    @Carolyn, if enabling content and then restarting isn't working, head over to AHQ for support. You might also want to try doing a Game Repair in Origin first.
    @viri2626 New recipes generally have to wait for a mod to be manually updated by the mod creator. Is the mod working otherwise?

Updated Mods
    Broken CC
    • Rosewater default skin by lamatisse
    • Mariana skinblend by Kumikya
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    @luthienrising No wonder I haven't updated my game. I figured the Mariana skinblend would be broken by the patch. I use it on my sims and I can't imagine not using it. I hope it gets updated soon.

I've seen instructions posted for creators on how to update, over in Deaderpool's server, so there's definitely hope. Don't know if those are tested yet, as I haven't seen any updated skintones/skinblends posted yet.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Update on my mods:

The following mods are still needed and working with 1.67.45:
    Acting Career Gig Booster
    Better ECO Power!
    Better ECO Water!
    Gardening for All Seasons
    Nanocan drag-and-drop FIX!
    No Robot Upgrade Parts on Chemistry Lab
    Scientist Career - Graveyard Shift and Gardening Fix
    Transform some Grass Daily Task

The following mod is no longer needed:
    Better Fabricator!
    (They updated the Fabricator so instead of breaking every 5 uses, it now only breaks every 25 uses)
  • Options
    Abradley745Abradley745 Posts: 19 Member
    @luthienrising the knight skin is made by Madmomo
  • Options
    Abradley745Abradley745 Posts: 19 Member
    My (YourFalseHope) mods are untouched by the patch.
  • Options
    shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    Just like to say that my default skintone Glow by kijiko is working for me.
  • Options
    discoduck227discoduck227 Posts: 62 Member
    I took out my mods folder last night before I went to bed and updated my game a couple of hours ago. When I tried to put my mods folder back, it loaded fine but then I got a message that my mods had been disable and I re-enabled them and it keeps happening again. Does anyone have any idea what I did wrong, this has never happened to me before.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Roomouse wrote: »
    SiliClone wrote: »
    can confirm the knight default replacement skin is broken as of this update.

Confirm this too...

Why do I still update this game?!

Because you love your Patrons, followers, and fanbase? Hehe. Besides, you write some amazing SimLit stories using your own mods too.

yeah I need to check the mods unfortunately

Personally, I am very glad, and thankful you still do it, but understand if not.

I just found a different solution to have both the updated game and a working game.
  • Options
    Thanks, @gettps ! Hi, @Abradley745! Nice to know who you are when you're here :)

NOTE
    For problems with game startup, please go to AHQ (EA Help).

Broken CC
    • Knight skin by Madmomo

No Longer Needed/Outdated (please remove)
    • Better Fabricator! (gettps)

Updated Mods
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    If folk are looking for an update to default replacement skins for Madmono's Knight and Luumia's Vanilla, they are available via Maxis match CC world (currently on p1 of that blog):

https://maxismatchccworld.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Updated Skins
  • Options
    Thanks, @loubyloulou ! Missed those somehow in my Tumblr scroll just now. Links here:

Updated Skins
    • Knight skin (madmomo), updated by maxismatchccworld
    • Vanilla (luumia), updated by maxismatchccworld
  • Options
  • Options
    Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    @luthienrising Hi. I've tried that fix by @crinrict . I've tried it about eight times now. It simply does NOT work for me. When I do it, it does change my options back to before I ever changed them, yes. So I always have to change the graphics setting, along with enabling mods in my game again. The change for my graphic settings, works. But it will always go back to disabling the mods again, no matter what I do. Do you have any suggestions? Help Please!
  • Options
    LancesalmoLancesalmo Posts: 39 Member
    Is the only problem with CC skin default ones? Are other non-default skins working for everyone?
  • Options
    Lancesalmo wrote: »
    Is the only problem with CC skin default ones? Are other non-default skins working for everyone?

It's just defaults.
  • Options
    @luthienrising Hi. I've tried that fix by @crinrict . I've tried it about eight times now. It simply does NOT work for me. When I do it, it does change my options back to before I ever changed them, yes. So I always have to change the graphics setting, along with enabling mods in my game again. The change for my graphic settings, works. But it will always go back to disabling the mods again, no matter what I do. Do you have any suggestions? Help Please!

You need EA Help/AHQ for this.
  • Options
    LancesalmoLancesalmo Posts: 39 Member
    [quote="luthienrising;c-17682433"][quote="Lancesalmo;c-17682426"]Is the only problem with CC skin default ones? Are other non-default skins working for everyone?[/quote]

It's just defaults.[/quote]

Thanks! 😊
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Are cc skin details and cc skin tones also affected by the patch? Ive got quite an assortment I'd rather not go without once I decide to update!
  • Options
    Viveka24Viveka24 Posts: 1 New Member
    @luthienrising Hi, just wanted to let people know that if you having the issue with re-enabling Mods after the October 6th update. If you get the message, just exit the game and go edit the GameVersion.txt file you Documents/Electronic Arts/The sims 4 folder to state 1.67.45.1020.
    Save and relaunch Sims 4. The tx file was not being updated to reflect the new version.

Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    Are cc skin details and cc skin tones also affected by the patch? Ive got quite an assortment I'd rather not go without once I decide to update!

Only default replacement skin tones, and not skin details.

Updated CC
  • Options
    Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member

@luthienrising I was afraid of that. But thank you for the reply and the promptness of it, both are appreciated!
  • Options
    EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member

@luthienrising I was afraid of that. But thank you for the reply and the promptness of it, both are appreciated!

Delete UserSettings.ini and Options.ini from your Sims 4 folder in Documents/ElectronicArts. Don't worry; it won't corrupt your game. Always remember to back up your files though regardless! I did this and it fixed the issue of resetting everything.
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top