Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4- More in-depth gameplay and personalities!

GothicSimmerGothicSimmer Posts: 66 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
(This is just a discussion on why more in-depth gameplay and personalities are needed in The Sims 4, I personally like The Sims 4 and I think it's a great game in the series but many long time and new Simmers including myself feel like it lacks a lot in the gameplay, relationships, and personalities departments)

The Sims 4 lacks a lot in gameplay, challenging gameplay, consequences, and even personalities for our Sims when it comes to playing out our Sims lives. I often feel like the game is super easy and gives you everything right away and I personally do not like this as I have been a long time Sims fan since The Sims 1 and I loved the challenge The Sims 1 and The Sims 2 brought to players. I really loved the fact you needed to go food shopping, buy clothing, and even purchase video games to keep our Sims feed up and to keep our Sims wardrobes updated and this to me made the game feel more realistic and fun to play. I find that a lot of the gameplay items are aimed for Young Adults and Adults in The Sims 4 which makes it difficult to play with the Baby (even though they are just an object anyway) Toddler, Child, Teen, and Elder stages in our Sims lives. I have to age them up as I just physically can't sit through these life stages as they are super boring and I feel like we need a lot more generational gameplay to make these life stages more complete and fun to play with! Some of these gameplay features could be improving the baby life stage, proms, bingo halls, high school graduation, school trips, learning to drive, walking sticks, pranks, boarding schools, private schools, honeymoons, bachelor/bachelorette parties, sleepovers, funerals, baby showers, wedding/relationship anniversaries, midlife crisis's, imaginary friends, tree houses, a daycare career, more afterschool activities, and retiring homes to make the game feel more complete for me and many other Simmers who are family gameplay lovers to enjoy each life stages of our Sims lives.

I also miss a lot of the consequences and in-depth relationships between our Sims in The Sims 4 as I hate the fact nothing really happens in The Sims 4 when a positive or negative action is taken. Yes, your Sims will get mad and slap another Sim when they see them flirting/cheating on them with another Sim but where is the hatred feeling for that Sim after they were cheated on, they will be fine a couple of hours later and will still interact with them even though they just cheated on them, where are the heartache and negative feeling of sadness for more than a day or two when a Sim breaks up with them. When a Sim dies the Sims who had relationships or where family members of the Sim should feel sadness for more than 2 days and their death should affect them on a more deeper level in their day to day life for a while, or they could even not be affected at all if they had a bad or not so good relationship with the Sim who passed away. Where are the connections and storylines of each family in the neighborhoods, there are no storylines and I find it so unrealistic that none of the families have relationships to other families in the worlds I feel like the team needs to add lore to The Sims 4 to make the game more fun to play with. A memory system would also be a great feature in The Sims 4 to add more creativity to play out our Sims lives and to give our Sims more personality and to reflect on what has happened in their past.

More relationship types like friends with benefits, frenemies, secret lovers, going out friends, mentors, great grandparents, second cousins, third cousins, fourth cousins, great great grandmother, and so also need to be added as it will allow family players to create their perfect family base story and for non-family related players to play out more relationship types with their Sims as I find it kinda boring how basic the relationship system is in The Sims 4. I also think there should be more options for giving relationships in Create A Sim like girlfriend, boyfriend, grandmother, cousin, best friend, roommates, great grandmother etc. This will allow players to perfectly plan their Sims stories and relationships in Create A Sim.

I often say a turn off and turn on system for our Sims would give them a more diverse and fun personality as it will allow players to choose what Sims our Sims are attracted to when finding short or life long partners, this would also be a great system to choose our Sims sexuality as I feel like this system should be included in the game along with the transgender option since its so unrealistic that every Sim is basically bisexual and we choose what sex/gender our Sims are attracted too by just playing the game! More traits are another thing I want to see in The Sims 4 especially as I feel like all the Sims are similar and don't have a different set of personalities and I find it hard to get attached to them as they are all just the same Sim but with different skin tones and styles. More personality traits like Can't stand art, Excitable, Unstable, Neurotic, Virtuosos, Boring, Cry Baby, Conversationalist, Stubborn, Unforgiving, Sweet Talker, Never Nude, Aquaphobia, Loves Art, Daredevil, Light Sleeper, Deep Sleeper, Snorer, Non-Snorer, Lucky, Unlucky, Couch Potato, Grumpy, Easily Impressed, etc are great traits to add into the game to give Sims more diverse and set in stone personalities. More Aspirations that are not about skills/careers are also needed as I feel like we need more aspirations that focus's on our Sims lives and what they want to do before they die as we lack in that area too when it comes to aspirations

There are many more area's I could state in this post that needs changing or added into The Sims 4, but I want to hear from you guys what you think is lacking and what you think needs to be changed/added into the game to make it feel more complete? I am excited and interested to see what you guys think!

Happy Simming Simmers!
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments